Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 21:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Watching the sky from another sky - West & South Sikkim

Thanks Mithun Da & Arav Da.

Kolkata TBHP members are now doing weekend trip to Sikkim regularly and you are one of the frequent travelers. I tried to add some different flavor in it . Thanks again for so much appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I've recently visited the same places, but you have put it up in a pleasantly different perspective. The pictures are awesome, especially the night shots of the tents. Rated 5 stars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Sikkim with a twist of taste I must say !! Enjoyed the pictures and the essence of the travelogue. Rated it a 5* for the content in it. Keep traveling and writing such wonderful experiences.

Last edited by PointZero : 13th October 2017 at 21:26.
Old 14th October 2017, 22:01   #17
BHPian

Fantastic photographs PointZero !!!

What a fabulous view from your camp-site. Sikkim has so much to offer and thanks to you for taking us through a virtual tour every time through your travelogues.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha.
siddarthab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 15:33   #18
BHPian

What a treat to eyes Tutai. The camping place looks out of the world. The pictures as usual coming from you have to be splendid. Sikkim has a lot to offer & you never get bored of it.

Your travelogues add a lot of value to the forum.

Keep Travelling & Keep Writing

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 17:48   #19
BHPian

Thanks siddarthab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Fantastic photographs PointZero !!!

What a fabulous view from your camp-site. Sikkim has so much to offer and thanks to you for taking us through a virtual tour every time through your travelogues.

Warm regards,

Siddhartha.
Thanks Pawan Da.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
What a treat to eyes Tutai. The camping place looks out of the world. The pictures as usual coming from you have to be splendid. Sikkim has a lot to offer & you never get bored of it.

Your travelogues add a lot of value to the forum.

Keep Travelling & Keep Writing

Regards,

Pawan
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 11:58   #20
BHPian

Lovely pics and very informative travelogue.
I have one question can you please let me know if possible.
What was your avg. mileage during your entire trip?
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2017, 17:03   #21
BHPian

I never calculate any mileage for any particular trip. Overall I get 13 KMPL with 100% AC (City + Highway + Hill + ... ) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Lovely pics and very informative travelogue.
I have one question can you please let me know if possible.
What was your avg. mileage during your entire trip?
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th December 2017, 14:06   #22

Hi, I don't post often, I don't post at all. I've done a few road trips in the last few years, the one from Noida to Bhutan is the standout one in my life.

I have a few questions for you, Point Zero,sir (apologies, for not knowing your real name).
I'm planning a trip to South Sikkim (March 2018), namely, Gangtok, Ravangla and Pelling. I only have 7 days, so I need to make do with what I have.

I start my journey from Siliguri, that's where my flight lands from Delhi. And I plan to take a rental car (I think, I'll use ZoomCar), and from their drive till Gangtok and then the othe two places.

I don't really have a great idea as to the terrain in Sikkim. I'm planning to rent a Figo or a swift as I think these compact cars will be fine for the hilly drives. Although, the Ecosport is an option as well. Do you feel, the hatchbacks would be a better option or would the Ecosport be a better car?

I'm only travelling with one more person (girlfriend) and she doesn't drive, so I'll be doing the driving.

So, basically, I need some guidance on this

1. The car type - Should I go for a hatchback or for the Ecosport?

I'm sorry if the question is vague or even kiddish, but it would be great if you could help me out.

Thank you,
Raghav
RaghavKuthiala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 20:51   #23
BHPian

Hi RaghavKuthiala,

1st - my real name is Tutai Kumar Dalal, However it does not matter too much in the forum, so don't worry.

2nd - Gangtok is in East Sikkim, Ravangla is in South Sikkim and Pelling is in West Sikkim. 7 days is enough for these place including drive time but the places you are planing are in three different side.

3rd - hatchbacks or ES both are okay for the places. Roads are very unpredictable in Sikkim, but these three place are very popular places and in general you can expect good roads. Only you can get some bad stretch before Jorethang because of road construction work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghavKuthiala View Post
Hi, I don't post often, I don't post at all. I've done a few road trips in the last few years, the one from Noida to Bhutan is the standout one in my life.

I have a few questions for you, Point Zero,sir (apologies, for not knowing your real name).
I'm planning a trip to South Sikkim (March 2018), namely, Gangtok, Ravangla and Pelling. I only have 7 days, so I need to make do with what I have.

I start my journey from Siliguri, that's where my flight lands from Delhi. And I plan to take a rental car (I think, I'll use ZoomCar), and from their drive till Gangtok and then the othe two places.

I don't really have a great idea as to the terrain in Sikkim. I'm planning to rent a Figo or a swift as I think these compact cars will be fine for the hilly drives. Although, the Ecosport is an option as well. Do you feel, the hatchbacks would be a better option or would the Ecosport be a better car?

I'm only travelling with one more person (girlfriend) and she doesn't drive, so I'll be doing the driving.

So, basically, I need some guidance on this

1. The car type - Should I go for a hatchback or for the Ecosport?

I'm sorry if the question is vague or even kiddish, but it would be great if you could help me out.

Thank you,
Raghav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks