Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 01:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Kinnaur & Spiti: Diametrically-opposite marvels of the Himalayas with a strong bonding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Yes Goa TL is up. here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uti-swift.html

Cheers.
Beautiful log there.When are you planing to take Red Panda to the mountains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
Wow ,double that for doing this trip on an Eon as a couple without any other car for company. Hats off to you!
I did the spiti valley trip on a Bullet sometime back with a couple of friends, in pretty much the same route (just that we started at via Manali and ended via Chandigarh) with a few additional locations. I know how deserted most part of the route is & how unpredictable those Nallah's can be. Can't imagine taking them on, in a hatchback.
Amazing pictures, seeing them made me very nostalgic.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks, Vishnuk! Doing the circuit in a bullet requires some guts. You people must have enjoyed the ride through the beautiful and lonely valleys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Hats off to all 3 of you! Congratulations on completing the trip

I literally had sleepless nights thinking about the stretch between Chandrataal and Manali days before our trip to Spiti which never happened

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I cannot wait to make attempt no. 2 in 2018!
Thanks,Sinharishi! Please go ahead with your second attempt before Spiti becomes a touristy and crowded destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
Fantastic trip, excellent write up and amazing photographs! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Hoping 2018 is the year when I finally make this trip!
Thanks, Paradiddle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
This is just amazing! Hats off, guys. Convey my best wishes to Monosree, and tell her not to indulge into high altitude spot jumps after Coca 200 .

Regards,
Sid
Thanks, Sid da! Seeing the spot jump picture near Tashigong, who would say that the lady had a minor effect of altitude sickness while at Key Monastery few hours back

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
1. Wonderfully written, elaborate detailed well pictured and documented. You took the pain to stop at multiple places and capture the moments n feelings, n wrote down very well here, youre a very good writer !
2. A lion heart you are, and the tiny cute car with a heart of a jaguar, i might think 10 times doing same with family n a hatch, you both husband n wife are brave, very well tuned with each other and have lot of confidence and love, congratulations.
3. You are an inspiration to many out there, go, live your dreams. That includes me
Brilliant in every sense, best wishes !!
Thanks for those lovely words, Maheep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You just accomplished a double marathon - first, the trip, and then the second marathon was posting the travelogue in such minute detail. It took me 4 days to read through everything and appreciate each of the pictures, going through the travelogue bit by bit.

If you'd driven an SUV, a 4wd, or even an Alto or Omni, I would probably have scrolled through much faster. This was an extreme test of your driving skills as well as the durability of your car in a region where Hyundai's service support (unlike Maruti / Mahindra) is practically zero, and Hyundai ought to celebrate the achievement and award you with gifts such as an extended warranty & free services.

The two of you are really, really brave souls; may you always have that undying spirit to travel to remote areas, through arduous roads, ignoring poor climatic & altitude conditions. Twenty years from now, you'll probably read through this travelogue and wonder how you even contemplated doing this! I'm wondering already... how did I ever think of doing a trip like this?
Many thanks Shamindra da for going through the log in detail.
Till date I was oblivious of the fact that Hyundai doesn't have any workshops there. In fact the trip was so unplanned that we didn't even know that BSNL was the only mobile service provider in the entire Spiti circuit.

I fully agree with you on this 20 years fact. That's why I try to jot down every detail which I can recollect in my travelogues. Makes us nostalgic everytime we go through them later.

I am now going through your tlog on Badrinath. Mesmerizing, till I read!

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 20th December 2017 at 01:02.
gearhead_mait is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:08   #47
BHPian

Re: Kinnaur & Spiti: Diametrically-opposite marvels of the Himalayas with a strong bonding

At last, got some time to upload the .kml files of this magnificent trip done in Autumn 2017.

GPS track by .kml files :

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks