Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 11:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Swiftly Goa! Kolkata to Goa in a Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Wonderful travelogue!! I've been to Morjim beach in North Goa with family and we were just bowled over by the serenity of the place. Very less crowd and clean beach. Perfect place to relax.

BTW, would you mind telling the name of the hotel you stayed in? Thanks.
Hi RishikeshK, We stayed in guest house named Swati Guest House. It was arranged by one of our friend.

Its very near to Lotus Sutra.

Contact Details: Rahul Tandel: +91 9823933255

I hope this will help.
Red Panda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Splendid post! Me and my wife have been planning a Pune-Hyderabad-Kolkata round trip in our Jazz for some time. However, the horror stories that I have heard about the roads around northern Odhisa and some parts of Northern Andhra prevented us from taking the plan forward. Your post has given me confidence to look back at our old plans again.

You have explained the condition of roads/routes/google map dependence very nicely. Thank you.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:17   #18
BHPian

Kolkata - Goa travelogue is indeed rare and hats of to you for doing this with car loaded with family members. Like Pawan said, its good that you have kept the whole itinerary relaxed. Lovely pictures of all the destinations covered during the trip Rated a well deserving *****
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

4600 kms in a Swift with 5 people. Wow, I'm amazed at how well you planned your trip. The discipline of regular halts for tea, snacks, meals etc really does help in breaking the monotony of those highway drives and avoiding fatigue and sleep. How did you manage all the luggage for such a long trip for 5 people? The Swift boot is tiny and you did'nt have an overhead carrier or much space on the seats.

Loved your pics especially the ones of the uphill trek to the multaani mitti place. Got to visit this place on my next goa trip.

Oh by the way, your son is a very talented artist. His dinosaur sketches are very cool.
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
4600 kms in a Swift with 5 people. Wow, I'm amazed at how well you planned your trip. The discipline of regular halts for tea, snacks, meals etc really does help in breaking the monotony of those highway drives and avoiding fatigue and sleep. How did you manage all the luggage for such a long trip for 5 people? The Swift boot is tiny and you did'nt have an overhead carrier or much space on the seats.

Loved your pics especially the ones of the uphill trek to the multaani mitti place. Got to visit this place on my next goa trip.

Oh by the way, your son is a very talented artist. His dinosaur sketches are very cool.
Well as for all the bags and baggage, we carried Soft duffel bags to keep it flexible.Took clothes only those are necessary. Kept water bottles in the door pockets. A large big shopper bag was used to carry all the food items. We kept it between the front seats.
Old 30th October 2017, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Hello,

Crisp narration. And equally mind-boggling driving! The travelogue has been presented very professionally.
Your travelogue once again proves that its not the vehicle but the driver that counts.

Rated 5*

Thanks,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Anyway, so far so good. Our entire trip went very well and beyond our expectations. I personally learnt a lot from this trip, realised my mistakes, and overcame of my fears. Drove in heavy rain, dense fog, at the middle of the night. To sum it up this trip was a combo pack of adventure, and experiences.
This is what makes such road trips so much more than just driving and sightseeing. I would do such a trip for sheer driving pleasure but the overall experience you get is priceless. Wish you many more such trips
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:40   #23
BHPian

Awesome travelogue with really nice pictures.Rated 5 star.

I just visited Vizag and Araku a couple of months back and really loved the places.Drove my friend's Fortuner and we were 3 families(close friends from college).

Driving has really caught up nowadays.I normally prefer Zoomcar for driving but taking your own car is always better.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:57   #24
BHPian

Wonderfully traveled and well written travelogue, your controlled and disciplined driving is the secret to such long distance travelling.
I think your dad has a big role there in the scheduled halts, it also helps the person driving to relax and rejuvenate thus not leading to fatigue.
Wishing you many more such wonderful trips.
Sayeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Super Avishek. One of the rare trips that one usually does from Kolkata. I liked the fact that you mostly kept the trip a relaxing one. Splendid photographs.

You look like a seasoned TL writer rather than a new one. Shall ask you for details if we make this trip in future.

Regards,

Pawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Wonderful travelogue Avishek.. This will be a guide book for people planning to go to goa henceforth: it is so crisp but detailed.. Rating 5 stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Just finished reading it at a single go. Very detailed narration with lots of information toasted with nice photography. Surely it can be deemed as a mini Bible for Kolkata to Goa for any aspiring tourer. Keep travelling and gift us nice travelogues like this in future.

Debojyoti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Very informative narration dotted with beautiful pictures. Special note of appreciation for the relaxed yet clever itinerary you planned. Red Panda looking fabulous.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Very nice Avishek da. Staying at Vizag is really good idea for refreshment in such long highway monotonous drive. Nice pictures too.

Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Superb travelogue Red Panda with wonderful pics, feeling nostalgic after going through it. Does not feel like it is your first travelogue, a century on debut surely , rated 5 stars. It seems as if we were in Goa just a few months back, but it has already been more than 3 years!! More than anything else, it is the food of Goa that I miss much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Kolkata - Goa travelogue is indeed rare and hats of to you for doing this with car loaded with family members. Like Pawan said, its good that you have kept the whole itinerary relaxed. Lovely pictures of all the destinations covered during the trip Rated a well deserving *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Hello,

Crisp narration. And equally mind-boggling driving! The travelogue has been presented very professionally.
Your travelogue once again proves that its not the vehicle but the driver that counts.

Rated 5*

Thanks,
Sayak
Thank you guys. Your words of appreciation means a lot to me. I feel more confident and motivated. After all, I have been going through all the travelogues you all have shared in this forum, that made me passionate about driving too. I hope to contribute all my future experiences with you all and that too with more finer details.

Warm regards,
Avishek
Red Panda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:19   #26
BHPian

Great job, Avishek. You took some enormous strides by covering long distances in different weather conditions. As mentioned earlier, Kolkata-Goa seems like first-of-a-kind travelogue. It would surely help other members planning a similar trip. Kudos!
And lastly, loved the sand-art by your little one!
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved this one - East coast to West and right there when the weather was perfect. There is never enough of Goa one might have but then there are never enough folks who want to have it by road from Kolkata!!

Lovely drive and more importantly you got a company that loved being driven too! Not many would want to take the road.
Old 30th October 2017, 15:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Loved this one - East coast to West and right there when the weather was perfect. There is never enough of Goa one might have but then there are never enough folks who want to have it by road from Kolkata!!

Lovely drive and more importantly you got a company that loved being driven too! Not many would want to take the road.
You are absolutely right. I had great travel companions in this drive. I was very relaxed thinking that, they are totally enjoying the trip.

Regards
Avishek.
Old 30th October 2017, 20:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Great travelogue. Rated 5*.

The pics are fabulous with detailed narration. This travelogue can be used as a guide for people planning to do a Goa-Kolkata road trip.

I was really very happy to see pics of Swantwadi Ghat and Amboli Ghat. It reminds me of my Goa road trip from Bangalore via these places.

Cant resist myself from sharing few pics from my Goa trip back in 2010 which i did in my Alto.

Somewhere near Amboli ghat.
Swiftly Goa! Kolkata to Goa in a Maruti Swift-img_2911.jpg

Swiftly Goa! Kolkata to Goa in a Maruti Swift-img_2914.jpg

Condolim Beach
Swiftly Goa! Kolkata to Goa in a Maruti Swift-img_3003.jpg

My steed back in 2010!
Swiftly Goa! Kolkata to Goa in a Maruti Swift-img_2908.jpg

I have plans to visit Goa again in Feb 2018 but unfortunately it wont be a road trip. After seeing this travelogue, am wondering i should have planned a road trip!

Last edited by Samba : 30th October 2017 at 20:32.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 20:37   #30
BHPian

Lovely travelogue Red Panda with fabulous photographs and splendid narrative to go with it !!!

4600 kms IS a lot !!! Hope to graduate someday from my maximum of 1500 kms (trip of North Bengal from Kolkata).

Warm regards,

Siddhartha
siddarthab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks