Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Coorg Ride: 3 friends & 3 Motorcycles

Wonderful narrative !! Loved reading through it.
Loved the pics, particularly the breakfast spread of pooris' in Coorg, in that kind of a weather - HEAVEN

Wish you many more such exciting trips, fantastic travelogues and great pics coming our way !!
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 10:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Really enjoyed reading the travelogue and some of the pictures. That view you've spoken about is so beautiful. What a fantastically soothing experience it must have been to have your first meal of the day in such surroundings! Also, from some of the pictures I am able to see all of you being sensitive to the various living creatures you came across, thank you, may your tribe increase!
Thank you . Yes the view was really mesmerizing. Whenever I am on road, I have tried helping the living creatures and so do my riding buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
Wonderful narrative !! Loved reading through it.
Loved the pics, particularly the breakfast spread of pooris' in Coorg, in that kind of a weather - HEAVEN

Wish you many more such exciting trips, fantastic travelogues and great pics coming our way !!
Thank you for your kind words. Coorg is rightly said to be The Scotland of India. Its beauty is kinda drug to travelers with its local delicacies being a cherry on the top
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 02:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Coorg is rightly said to be The Scotland of India. Its beauty is kinda drug to travelers
Rightly said, glad you could appreciate the beauty of my homeland and really glad that you were among's the responsible tourists that visited our place.. I'm pretty sure you'd have seen how other tourists treat such a beautiful place..

Din't you get to meet any wild animals on your way from Hunsur to Coorg?? Quite surprising..

How many days did the sore back last

Liked reading the travelogue.. Cheers
Twinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Rightly said, glad you could appreciate the beauty of my homeland and really glad that you were among's the responsible tourists that visited our place.. I'm pretty sure you'd have seen how other tourists treat such a beautiful place..

Din't you get to meet any wild animals on your way from Hunsur to Coorg?? Quite surprising..

How many days did the sore back last

Liked reading the travelogue.. Cheers
Thank you for your words of appreciation.

Haha the back pain did last for a couple of days. Your hometown is indeed really very beautiful and I wish it stays like this for many years to come. Next year I'll be visiting again probably same month. Hoping to meet you
Surprisingly other than some wild insects, we did not see any wild animals. We were even hoping to hear sighting news of King Cobra but sadly heard none.

Last edited by sujay bhandare : 2nd December 2017 at 10:13.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:32   #20
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
On our 3rd day of stay in Coorg we decided to visit the Nalknad palace
From the Palace, one can ride up half way up towards Tadiandamol and trek the rest of the way. The view from the top of Tadiandamol is truely outstanding. Whilst trekking to Tadiandamol, having a local accompany you would be of great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
On our 4th day of stay we decided to finally see the Coorg city.

We reached Coorg by 10:00 AM. D
Just a small correction. Coorg or locally known as Kodagu, is a District in Karnataka. The District Headquarters is Madikeri. There are three administrative talukas in Madikeri, Virajpet and Somwarpet.

Kodavas (not Coorgi) are known for their hospitality and have an ability to connect with almost anyone. Vegetarians will be a little hard pressed for choice of food here. People wanting to come to Kodagu should remember that it is important to connect to nature, should you want to enjoy your stay here.

Thank you for being a responsible tourist.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 13:48   #21
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue. Really enjoyed the pics and the read.

Inspired, we're also now planning for a trip to Coorg/Kodagu in the coming weeks of December.

We'll be starting from Mumbai in the early hours at 5 am. Would be taking one halt for the night.

Need suggestions on which places on the way can we stay, so at to reach Coorg next day by 1-2 pm?
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Wonderful travelogue. Really enjoyed the pics and the read.

Inspired, we're also now planning for a trip to Coorg/Kodagu in the coming weeks of December.

We'll be starting from Mumbai in the early hours at 5 am. Would be taking one halt for the night.

Need suggestions on which places on the way can we stay, so at to reach Coorg next day by 1-2 pm?
I would suggest you please start at night rather than 5 AM like we did. You would cover up more distance because once you set off the NH4, road is single lane and average speed you'll be achieving will be less than 60kmph. So plan your trip accordingly. Try searching hotels in Chitradurga or Tumakuru. Any how from both these locations you'll require 8-10 hours of travel.

Ride safe
Old 4th December 2017, 16:07   #23

Beautifully written narrative. And the photos do the justice to the travelogue. Enjoyed every bit of it.

One question though, how did you manage to cover such long distances on each single go?
lagnajit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagnajit View Post
Beautifully written narrative. And the photos do the justice to the travelogue. Enjoyed every bit of it.

One question though, how did you manage to cover such long distances on each single go?
Thank you for your words of appreciation

To answer your question, the desire to test my own limits was the only moto that made me reach the destination in one go. Also if you have a fantastic company of friends riding along with you, time and distances fly happily.

Cheers
Old 8th December 2017, 00:58   #25
BANNED

Congratulations on completing a very nice ride. Reading through your narrative, your sense of excitement and achievement of having completed this ride is very palpable. Very nice. Coorg is beautiful. And your motorcycle looks great.

The only thing I was not entirely happy about was seeing that you guys chose to ride all night risking exhaustion and upping the risk factor. Not to sound preachy, but getting some serious sleep during the night and riding in the day should have been your program.

Finally, as a Dominar owner, I am very happy to see that the blue beast in your group performed admirably.

It is also my earnest desire to go on one long trip at least on my motorcycle. But, unfortunately, unlike you, I don't have lots of close friends who ride. So, I am not sure if I can get to do such a ride. I can of course go with a Dominar Whatsapp group that I have recently become a member of. But, travelling with one's friends and known people is always more comforting.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 11:32   #26
BHPian

Hats off Sujay.
Starting the journey at 11 pm on rainy day needs real courage
I would think zillion times to start a road trip at such odd hours even on 4 wheels, forget about bike

Very well narrated and loved the pictures.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 15:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post

The only thing I was not entirely happy about was seeing that you guys chose to ride all night risking exhaustion and upping the risk factor. Not to sound preachy, but getting some serious sleep during the night and riding in the day should have been your program.

It is also my earnest desire to go on one long trip at least on my motorcycle. But, unfortunately, unlike you, I don't have lots of close friends who ride. So, I am not sure if I can get to do such a ride. I can of course go with a Dominar Whatsapp group that I have recently become a member of. But, travelling with one's friends and known people is always more comforting.
Thank you for your kind words. Riding at night really is really risky but unless if you are confident enough about your limits, sleeping habits and with all other possible safety measures, I bet there is nothing exhilarating like driving / riding in night. Yes, for avoiding sleepy situations we had to do our home-work. We all knew our sleeping habits and accordingly before starting we had healthy amount of sleep. Also the excitement level was so high that we actually never felt sleepy throughout our ride. During our last hours of reaching Coorg, I was lot tired but never felt sleepy. So if you ever plan a night ride first know what are your sleeping habits and accordingly plan the time of travel.

If its possible for you, you may join in with us in our future rides. When I started biking I too didn't have any biker friends, but as I started doing trips, each trip added a new friend in my life. So, I will suggest you don't stop for a friend to accompany you, instead make friends on the way.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Hats off Sujay.
Starting the journey at 11 pm on rainy day needs real courage
I would think zillion times to start a road trip at such odd hours even on 4 wheels, forget about bike

Very well narrated and loved the pictures.
Thank you for appreciating my efforts. Looking back today I feel very happy that I made that decision and my family too supported me in this decision. That one decision made the whole trip a lot memorable.
Old 16th December 2017, 21:24   #28
BHPian

A great travelogue. Can you please share the name of the home stay? Food with our beloved machines side by side is a great thing with such a location.
Old 16th January 2018, 08:01   #29
BHPian

Hello Travellers,

Being a travelloholic, as and when Money Bhai allows me to wander, I try to take full advantage of it. Though I am not good in writing down the stories from my travel diaries, but then I try to give justice to them through my third eye 'The Camera'. Recently to help aid my travel diaries I gifted myself an Action Cam to help me grab the beautiful moments when I am busy in something else. Every traveller, wanderer will understand how powerfull tool an Action Cam is. It makes our lives so easy and you can Re-Live each moment. So after gifting myself one I tried mounting it in every possible manner during my recent Coorg Ride. Have done a small video of our adventures in Coorg. Hope you guys like it

This is the first time I tried my hands on video compilation. Will be glad to have any kind of suggestions from you guys for my future travel videos.

Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks