Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 22:48   #16

Re: Hyderabad to Goa in a Maruti Alto

I am planning a similarly long trip on my Alto 800 of 2013, which has done 45K so far on the odometer. Does the fatigue from driving long hours hit you a couple of day later? Many say that the adrenaline subdues the pain for the first 24-48 hours after the trip, but then from day 3 it starts to hit you badly. Especially because it is a small car, you feel the road more. Is that the case?
Old 16th August 2019, 12:48   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Goa in a Maruti Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshiba View Post
I am planning a similarly long trip on my Alto 800 of 2013, which has done 45K so far on the odometer. Does the fatigue from driving long hours hit you a couple of day later? Many say that the adrenaline subdues the pain for the first 24-48 hours after the trip, but then from day 3 it starts to hit you badly. Especially because it is a small car, you feel the road more. Is that the case?
Hey keshiba, I totally missed this post even when going through the thread. It's quite late but would like to state that in a small car we can cover long distances without breaking a sweat by timing it right. Of course a bigger car from today is equipped with a plethora of features and ranks high in comfort as compared to cars manufactured earlier but I felt that the drowsiness creeps in faster.

I did another long trip recently in my Alto, to Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad and the drive was refreshing, partly because of the onset of Monsoons and the weather remained pleasant throughout. Usually I would carry home cooked snacks and food to reduce the time spent while traveling but while on the return journey I stopped on numerous occasions along the route for coffee etc. and it didn't feel tiring at all.

Ultimately it also depends on the comfort level of the person who is driving and the passengers as well.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks