Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 09:04   #16
BHPian

Re: West Bhutan in a Scorpio 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
We realised that the behaviour of the Bhutanese people at immigration office has definitely changed in recent times. Last year it was a breeze to get entry, but this time they asked so many questions! In fact one lady told Rajarshi that he would not be allowed entry into Bhutan next time if he does not bring his family.
Useful writeup and nice pics. What in your opinion is the reason for this change? Could it be that we are badly behaved tourists or that our sheer numbers cause difficulty for them.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 22:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

Posting a picture of Anil with his son Arjun and Duster AWD Adventure edition.

West Bhutan in a Scorpio 4WD-img20171208wa0012.jpg

Another night pic of Rinpung dzong and Ta Dzong in the same frame. The pic does not do justuice to how beautiful they actually look against the dark sky!

West Bhutan in a Scorpio 4WD-dsc_4828.jpg

The river near Cheri gompa

West Bhutan in a Scorpio 4WD-img_20171022_152039.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Very nice Sumitro Da, great pictures and lots of fun. Only three picture of new scorpio ?

Rated 5*. Thanks for sharing
Thanks PointZero. Yes, I realised that I can't take proper pics of a black car, having been so used to two white vehicles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Excellent travelogue ( as usual ) blackpearl. Rated 5 stars.

For a moment I thought you have upgraded to scorpio 4WD ( from the title). But after reading the first paragraph I realised that it is not your vehicle. Somehow scorpio doesn't look as good as your Bolero/Thar in these photos ( my personal opinion; no offence to any scorpio owners). Usually your travelogues are filled with wall paper material pictures of your rides. This time it is different.

Sometimes I wonder; what if you had purchased Tata Safari storme instead of Thar.(I know from your ownership thread that you were initially interested in Safari storme). Then we would have got some amazing travelogues with envious pictures of Safari storme in various beautiful locations. Since you are a long distance tourer , Safari Storme would have been a perfect match for you. (Great engine, superb suspension,enormous space and great looks).You would have utilized the vehicle to its full potential and I am sure there would have been a lot of fan following for Safari storme in our forum. ( I know many people who have become admirers of Mahindra Bolero 4WD and Thar - I am an example - after reading your ownership reports and travelogues). I know all these are retrospective wishful thinking but still...
Thanks DrANTO for the lovely words. It is not that I did not try taking pics of teh Scorpio but they did not come out good enough. Regarding the Safari, I wanted to buy one but every time it has been out of budget. I wish Tata could give 4WD in LX with ABS and airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Great travelogue and rated 5 stars as well. Shame you had to head back urgently, hope all was well.

In 96 I had trekked, with a group and guide, from Thimpu to Paro over 4 nights. One of my most memorable trips. In those days the National Dress was compulsory, ID cards for locals was compulsory and satellite TV was just about (if at all) makings its way into Bhutan. We stayed at a monastery, Farms and one of the nights in a marble factory.

I remember the local folk, especially on the trek and in the mountains being super hospitable and welcoming.

I hope Bhutan has kept hold of a majority of this charm.
Thanks a lot Samir Taheer. Yes, all is well! The local folks still wear the national dress. Here is a pic

West Bhutan in a Scorpio 4WD-dsc_4882.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nothing new to say on travelogue's written by you. It's as-usual awesome. Bhutan is beautiful. Rated 5*.
Earlier getting permits were much easier. Booking hotels before a trip just kills the fun of 'go as you like' type of a road trip. Any idea on do we still have to show the hotel bookings, if we get the permits done in prior from Bhutan Embassy Kolkata?

Honestly speaking i feel jealous on you, the way you travel each year and keep on wondering how i can secure a job in your organisation.
Thanks a lot Samba. I heard that issue of permit from Kolkata is temporarily stopped unless one can provide a very strong reason to get one like AJ-got-BHP did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Excellent write up ( made me feel I was travelling along)

Have been following your tlogs for quite some time and they keep getting better each time

I wouldn't be surprised the Bhutan Govt hires you as their tourism promoter ( maybe by putting up a 'Welcome to Bhutan' large size billboard with your picture in it )
thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
Very nice travelogue as expected from blackpearl sir! This particular road trip is one of the best and a once in a lifetime experience for all petrol heads out there. Very nicely written and deserves a 5* rating
Thanks blacklist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Brilliant narration and wonderful pictures. The food pictures are making me hungry . Bhutan remains on my to-visit list and both your Bhutan logs have been marked for future reference.
Rated a well deserved 5 stars.
Thanks a lot Gunin! You should go there with your LX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Excellent travelogue buddy, there is something about your writing skills and photographs which does keep the readers glued.
Keep them coming.
Thanks a lot behaln, glad that you liked the travelogue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Useful writeup and nice pics. What in your opinion is the reason for this change? Could it be that we are badly behaved tourists or that our sheer numbers cause difficulty for them.
Thanks Hari! I think the sheer numbers are causing difficulty for them as tourists are preferring to go to Bhutan over Darjeeling due to frequent issues there. Hopefully things will get normalized soon.
BlackPearl is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:51   #18
BHPian

Great Tlog Blackpearl, a well deserved 5* from my side.

For the last fortnight, due to my road trip, I was unable to go through the forum, hence the delay in going through your write up.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 22:47   #19
BHPian

Superb TL as usual. Your pictures of Bhutan should be used by the government for advertising tourism. You should have taken the email id if that officer at immigration & sent him this link.

It was such a wise decision to stay put in one part and explore out of that rather than ticking the bucket list.

Keep traveling & entertaining us with such lovely TLs.

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 20:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Great Tlog Blackpearl, a well deserved 5* from my side.

For the last fortnight, due to my road trip, I was unable to go through the forum, hence the delay in going through your write up.
Thanks a lot Suneel Da. Will wait for your Delhi travelogue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Superb TL as usual. Your pictures of Bhutan should be used by the government for advertising tourism. You should have taken the email id if that officer at immigration & sent him this link.
Lol.. good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
It was such a wise decision to stay put in one part and explore out of that rather than ticking the bucket list.
Yes, that is why one needs to travel with like minded people. Otherwise a lot many people would not have liked the idea of just staying at one place.
Old 26th December 2017, 20:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thanks a lot Suneel Da. Will wait for your Delhi travelogue!
My DEL KOL DEl road trip is all typed and ready. Some issues with uploading snaps (not of the quality that you guys post). Hoping that my TL is live by tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th December 2017 at 08:13. Reason: Quote tag fixed
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 13:59   #22
BHPian

Hi nice travelogue! I wanted to know what is the fees for vehicle permit to enter in to Bhutan? One of the tour operator said it is 175 re per day irrespective of car or bike - so just wondering if it is really so high!
Old 29th August 2018, 02:54   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Hi nice travelogue! I wanted to know what is the fees for vehicle permit to enter in to Bhutan? One of the tour operator said it is 175 re per day irrespective of car or bike - so just wondering if it is really so high!
Thanks Mafioso. Permit cost for vehicle is Rs 100 per day. I have no idea about motorcycles.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

An amazing write-up with excellent photographs.

Bhutan is on my To-do list from a very long time but somehow I m not able to make it happen. I read many t'log on Bhutan. I must say this is one of the best. Thanks for sharing. Rated five stars.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 13:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
An amazing write-up with excellent photographs.

Bhutan is on my To-do list from a very long time but somehow I m not able to make it happen. I read many t'log on Bhutan. I must say this is one of the best. Thanks for sharing. Rated five stars.
Thanks a lot SJM1214! I had written one more travelogue of Bhutan from West to East. Please go through it when you have some spare time
The link is -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...olero-4x4.html
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks