Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 19:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kuari Pass, Uttarakhand : 3 Stupids' Himalayan trek in search of Utopia

Yet another blockbuster travelogue from you! Breathtaking pics and detailed description. Rated a well deserved 5*.

Whenever i read the word 'trek/trekking', i immediately realize that its not my cup of tea. I tried trekking twice in my college life and came to this conclusion. Am okay till driving or biking but i do love reading blogs or travelogues on trekking expeditions. Will eagerly wait for your next travelogue. They always offer something new.

Last edited by Samba : 29th January 2018 at 19:37.
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 12:30   #17
BHPian

Hi sir,
enjoyed reading your travelogue. Reading through your travelogue was a bliss! I was literally racing through the each line of the travelogue.

Even, I'm also planning for a trek to Churah valley plus a drive to Sach Pass sometime in May this year. Would like to know from where did you procure the hiking stick, since I also need one for my first-ever trek. Also would be personally pinging you on how to prepare for the trek and all. Hope you don't mind it.

Thanks,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 21:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
Fantastic travelogue Sir! I had done the same trek in may of 2011. ... I hope your shoulder stopped giving you trouble afterwards.
Thank you very much AdiSolEn. Your pictures are superb! Yes, my shoulder pain took about two weeks after the trek to heal itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wow. Fantastic way to start the day. The vistas are amazing Golam Sa'ab. Went on a trek with you to Kuari pass without physically being there. Good to see old friends meeting up & going for such a trek. Ending the trip with Karims was epic.
Thanks a lot Pawan! Indeed, having the dinner at Karim's at the end of the trek was like icing on the cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Enjoyed the writing. Brought memories back and you made us feel part of the trek. Keep the health in good shape to do more such wonderful hikes.
Thank you megazoid for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yet another blockbuster travelogue from you! Breathtaking pics and detailed description. Rated a well deserved 5*.

Whenever i read the word 'trek/trekking', i immediately realize that its not my cup of tea. I tried trekking twice in my college life and came to this conclusion. Am okay till driving or biking but i do love reading blogs or travelogues on trekking expeditions. Will eagerly wait for your next travelogue. They always offer something new.
Thank you Samba! Honestly, I am not a fitness freak either. However, after the trek I now realize that the trekking can indeed be addictive sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
... Reading through your travelogue was a bliss! I was literally racing through the each line of the travelogue.

Even, I'm also planning for a trek to Churah valley plus a drive to Sach Pass sometime in May this year. Would like to know from where did you procure the hiking stick, since I also need one for my first-ever trek. Also would be personally pinging you on how to prepare for the trek and all. Hope you don't mind it.
Thank you Varun for your appreciation! I bought the hiking pole from Decathlon website. However, later I found out that one could also get them on rent from the trekking agency. Please, feel free to ping me in case you have any query! Wish you all the best on your trekking plan!

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 18:08   #19
BHPian

Dear Golam,

Your style of writing is very lucid and the photographs too are mesmerizing. Enjoyed them through and through! So, now that you have taken a leap towards the Great Himalayas of Kumaon and Garhwal, we should get to see more of heavy duty treks and journeys from you.

I had heard that the Kuari pass is a difficult trek and the photos of the inclines does indeed suggest so. I would like to know quite a few things:
  1. What was the overall distance covered?
  2. What is the number of "walking" days?
  3. Weight of your backpack? (I had used a locally manufactured backpack for my earlier treks and everytime I had a bad pain in my shoulders. But then I changed it to a Quechua Forclaz 70 and that pain seems to have disappeared.)

Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 21:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
... I had heard that the Kuari pass is a difficult trek and the photos of the inclines does indeed suggest so. I would like to know quite a few things:
  1. What was the overall distance covered?
  2. What is the number of "walking" days?
  3. Weight of your backpack? (I had used a locally manufactured backpack for my earlier treks and everytime I had a bad pain in my shoulders. But then I changed it to a Quechua Forclaz 70 and that pain seems to have disappeared.)
Thanks a lot Sayak! The Kuari Pass trek is actually rated as Easy-to-Moderate. However, as a first timer, I didn't find it to be an easy one!

To answer you queries, there were 4 walking days. As per as the data from my Mi band (reasonably well calibrated with my own walk), we covered around 6.6 km, 9.1 km, 15.1 km and 13.8 km on these 4 days respectively.

The weight of my backpack was around 9 kg + 2 liters of water (~2 kg). I think, on the day one, I did not fasten my waist strap properly. I would definitely agree with you that Forclaz 70 would be a much better designed backpack!

Regards,
Golam
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 22:48   #21
BHPian

It's my pleasure to post this message from a non-BHPian who had emailed these heart-warming comments to Koushik.

Quote:
Dear Koushik,

Oh my goodness, I don’t find any word to express my feelings after going through this blog & the unique pictures of our grand Himalaya, it’s tremendous power, which you & your friends with the young hero, Augusta “muni” were lucky to experience.
I am so grateful to you for sharing this blog, for giving such a joy, ( by the way) to a patient, just recovering from cancer.
Don’t forget me, when you finish your blog..
I was born in Nanital & grew up in Dehra Dun & have an avid love for mountains.
May God bless you, do try to visit us sometime in Hamburg.
Take care...

Gouridi
Thank you!
Old 10th February 2018, 19:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Beautifully written; and I must add as always!

Telling a story that touches others' hearts is an art that eludes the best of word smiths. God has been generous with you in that area. I have expressed similar sentiments before and I will do that again: When I read about your inability to will your hand to put the water bottle back in its place, i felt my own hands going numb! That's the power of your words .

Please keep travelling and bring back such memorable sagas.

PS: If you happen to meet/speak to that wonder boy Agastya, tell him that I have become a fan of his .

Last edited by dailydriver : 10th February 2018 at 19:38.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 10:08   #23
BHPian

Amazing experience that Golam ! The beauty of your writing lies in its simplicity and yet holds the reader glued. Add to that are frequent touches of humour and fantastic photos. Thoroughly enjoyed..Do keep travelling and keep us charmed through your words and lens. Cheers !
subhojitb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Fantastic write up, Gmhossain saab. Can't get any more detailed than this. It felt we lived every moment of your trip. Great achievement ji.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Beautifully written; and I must add as always!

Telling a story that touches others' hearts is an art that eludes the best of word smiths. God has been generous with you in that area. I have expressed similar sentiments before and I will do that again: When I read about your inability to will your hand to put the water bottle back in its place, i felt my own hands going numb! That's the power of your words . ...
Thank you dailydriver. Your comments are always special for me to read. Frankly, I always feel that it's a privilege for me being a member of this wonderful Team-BHP community. A key reason behind this feeling is the members like you whose appreciation keeps many of us going in penning down our trip experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
Amazing experience that Golam ! The beauty of your writing lies in its simplicity and yet holds the reader glued. ...
Thanks a lot Subhojit for your appreciation. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your recent rhymelogue on Purulia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Fantastic write up, Gmhossain saab. Can't get any more detailed than this. It felt we lived every moment of your trip. Great achievement ji.
Thank you very much venkatt1800. I appreciate your comments.

Best,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks