Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 15:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Meghalaya, My home in the abode of clouds

A lovely travelogue! Rating it 5 *s!
Meghalaya has been on on wish list for so long and with such roads on offer, I'm sure driving there would be fun, yet requiring skills.

And here's an interesting trivia between us:
1. Both have settled in Namma Benguluru for 10+ years.
2. Both have an Italian love affair.
3. Both have similar looking moms (certain traits, certain angles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub.g84 View Post
Meghalaya, My home in the abode of clouds-img_8275.jpg
The customary photo after the play. Mom, Missus and Mom In Law(L-R)
Here's my mommy!

Meghalaya, My home in the abode of clouds-fb_img_1513159398275.jpg

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 13th December 2017 at 15:42.
Divya Sharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I hail from Shillong, the Scotland of the East. And our Scotland resides in the midst of clouds and mist. Although I have moved to Namma Bengaluru 14 years back, Shillong often calls me to her lap. So I try to be home once every year during the self proclaimed Durga Puja break.
Thanks for the travelogue. Shillong looks so beautiful. I'm planning a visit to Meghalaya, Assam and Arunachala Pradesh during Dasara/Durga Puja in October. Will it be crowded during that time or is it manageable? The plan is to take a flight to Guwahati and then hire a self-driving car and roam these three states including Bum La Pass and Se La Pass.
Old 8th May 2018, 10:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaniga View Post
Thanks for the travelogue. Shillong looks so beautiful. I'm planning a visit to Meghalaya, Assam and Arunachala Pradesh during Dasara/Durga Puja in October. Will it be crowded during that time or is it manageable? The plan is to take a flight to Guwahati and then hire a self-driving car and roam these three states including Bum La Pass and Se La Pass.
October is a very good time to visit. If you are planning to go during the Dussehra time then you can expect some tourists for sure in Shillong and Guwahati. I would suggest you to book the hotels in advance but otherwise it is very much manageable. Lots of nice places to see in and around Shillong. In Assam you may wish to visit Majuli which is the largest river island in the world. It is around 350 KMs from Guwahati. You can stay in Majuli. But again, advance booking is recommended.

For Arunachal Pradesh you will require to obtain an Inner Line Permit for which you can either visit the Arunachal Bhavan in Guwahati or you may also refer to this link. I see you mentioned Sela Pass. So I assume that you are going to Tawang? Do keep in mind to carry some warm clothes for Arunachal Pradesh as October is in between the rainy and winter season there and it can get cold. Try to get hold of a 4X4 as the roads demand it.

Once you are back do post pics of your travel.

Last edited by sub.g84 : 8th May 2018 at 10:31. Reason: Grammar correction
sub.g84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
October is a very good time to visit. If you are planning to go during the Dussehra time then you can expect some tourists for sure in Shillong and Guwahati. I would suggest you to book the hotels in advance but otherwise it is very much manageable. Lots of nice places to see in and around Shillong. In Assam you may wish to visit Majuli which is the largest river island in the world. It is around 350 KMs from Guwahati. You can stay in Majuli. But again, advance booking is recommended.

Thanks for the information and tips. Yes Tawang is also included in the plan. I'll try to get 4x4 car. I'll definitely share the experience in Team-BHP.
Payaniga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks