Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Gangtok and Tsomgo Lake in a Mahindra Thar

A crisp and fabulous travelogue. The Sunrise panorama from Hanuman Tok is just stupendous !

Your experience with the permit allowed me to stroll down at 6:15 am , present the application , with the bewildered officer asking me "ap to saab details daale hain , pata kaise chala ? " By the way , no fees were asked and I did not pay any money for the permit till New Baba Mandir.

A huge round of thanks to you and PapaBravo for sharing the details.
DriveTrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
So you drove to the Himalaya's yet again! Whats going to be the excuse for your next drive? You missed a pic of Sherpa in front of Sherpa Cafe? Between how many times you have hit the Himalaya's in 2017?

Nothing new to say on your travelogue. As-usual an engaging read with beautiful pics. The early morning Kanchenjunga pics are mesmerizing.

The yellow Bolero looks stunning.
Thanks a lot Samba. I don't think I will be travelling to the Himalayas any time soon. I will be going to UK and though I have been to UK before and traveled a lot, I have never put up any travelogue. If I continue that trend my Dbhpian tag will surely be taken away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The only question is, you got the permits so easily because you were driving an SUV or any car can get the permit, be it a hatchback or sedan?
No, if there is no snow reported any car will get permits. Only when it snows they might allow only 4WDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Lovely TL as usual BP. I envied the variety of food you guys had. Loved the pictures of the Thar with the new look due to the KCs, perfect position for the fit and it gives a good look. Also, the sun rays on the Kanchenjunga were beautifully taken.

Well executed trip Cheers to many more miles with the Sherpa.
Thanks a lot Navtej!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Another lovely travelogue!

Excellent pictures and engaging narration with an enjoyable dose of humour. Some of your lines like "The food was superb but there were not too many dessert options. So we went to the Baker's Cafe for pastries. Yes, we eat like Tasmanian Devils!" and "But it was a boon in disguise, by the time we reached back the food was almost digested and we started planning for dinner." had me .

Rated a well deserved five stars.
Thanks a lot Gunin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Excellent log, and even better images. I pull out a cup-of-coffee before reading your threads. Same goes with reading Navsjab's travel threads. You both put them together so well, and integrate the timeless Jeep role.

Waiting for many more!
Thank you asingh1977!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Awesome TL. Thanks for sharing. I will be travelling to Gangtok in Feb.

Do you know how the permits work when one hires a cab to travel from Gangtok to Tsomgo lake? Does the vehicle and driver, who in all probability will be a local resident, need a permit as well? Do I have to get it done for the driver and car as well or is it something that the taxi driver takes care of?
Thanks rajathv8. If you hire a taxi/cab, everything will be taken care of the by the driver/tour operator. You just need to submit identity proof and passport size photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
A crisp and fabulous travelogue. The Sunrise panorama from Hanuman Tok is just stupendous !

Your experience with the permit allowed me to stroll down at 6:15 am , present the application , with the bewildered officer asking me "ap to saab details daale hain , pata kaise chala ? " By the way , no fees were asked and I did not pay any money for the permit till New Baba Mandir.

A huge round of thanks to you and PapaBravo for sharing the details.
Thanks a lot DriveTrain. Please let us know when your travelogue is live!
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 12:02   #18
BHPian

Stunningly crisp travelogue there BlackPearl !! Your Thar is looking gorgeous as always with the Hills in the backdrop and those KC Lights are making it look more robust

Thanks for Sharing and rated it a well deserved 5* for the clicks !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 20:46   #19
BHPian

Amazing travelogue and beautiful pictures Blackpearl!!

I love the way you do frequent trips to Himalayas and also manage to write a travelogue soon after the trip. My Bangalore to Bhutan drive travelogue is still in progress.

Wish you more of these trips which turn into wonderful travelogues.
DAART is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 16:28   #20
BHPian

@ Black Pearl -Sticking to the subject of food ,next time around please try the basement restaurant in a hotel called nettle & fern ( has been my choice of stay for gangtok)

Food is delicious

If my memory serves me right the hotel is located in the new development area not very far from m.g road (adjacent to manav/manik bhavan)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 17:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Stunningly crisp travelogue there BlackPearl !! Your Thar is looking gorgeous as always with the Hills in the backdrop and those KC Lights are making it look more robust

Thanks for Sharing and rated it a well deserved 5* for the clicks !!
Thanks a lot Arav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAART View Post
Amazing travelogue and beautiful pictures Blackpearl!!

I love the way you do frequent trips to Himalayas and also manage to write a travelogue soon after the trip. My Bangalore to Bhutan drive travelogue is still in progress.

Wish you more of these trips which turn into wonderful travelogues.
Thanks DAART! It was great meeting you and your family in Kolkata. Please finish your log and let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
@ Black Pearl -Sticking to the subject of food ,next time around please try the basement restaurant in a hotel called nettle & fern ( has been my choice of stay for gangtok)

Food is delicious

If my memory serves me right the hotel is located in the new development area not very far from m.g road (adjacent to manav/manik bhavan)
Thanks Rajesh, will keep in in mind the next time I visit Gangtok!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks