Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Red Rhino goes to Sandakphu for the second time

Thank you for a great travelogue. Especially the pictures of the Himalayas where you have named all the peaks. My friend from Nepal (who has done ABC and EBC treks) and I had visited Darjeeling recently and he had inquired about the names of the peaks, to which I had no answer. I have just sent him a link of this travelogue. I am sure he will find it very useful.
amrisharm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Great log! With the path now being cemented, has the difficulty level of yore decreased? Or are they merely putting concrete over the existing rocks, meaning the steepness/inclination remains a challenge?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Superb travelogue Navtej. This makes me want to visit the place even more, specially after seeing the beautiful photos that you managed to grab.

Excellent!
aak91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:33   #19
BHPian

Red Rhino looks absolutely stunning and in his true elements. The snaps are amazing.

We would have crossed each other somewhere enroute. I started on 23rd a little before 5 am , with a 20 min stop at Saktigarh for breakfast. I diverted towards Berhampore from Kuli more on the Badshahi road , but was royally stuck in the Berhampore bypass intersection for quite some time.

As you reported Farakka, Malda and Islampur traffic was a complete mess.

Did my return during the night - which was a breeze.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Thank you for a great travelogue. Especially the pictures of the Himalayas where you have named all the peaks. My friend from Nepal (who has done ABC and EBC treks) and I had visited Darjeeling recently and he had inquired about the names of the peaks, to which I had no answer. I have just sent him a link of this travelogue. I am sure he will find it very useful.
That is great. Thank you amrisharm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Great log! With the path now being cemented, has the difficulty level of yore decreased? Or are they merely putting concrete over the existing rocks, meaning the steepness/inclination remains a challenge?
Thank you Dry Ice. Yes, the steepness is a challenge at a few places. However, I found that the cemented roads has made the drive easier. As far as I remember, there were very few instances if not none, till Garibas where I engaged 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
Superb travelogue Navtej. This makes me want to visit the place even more, specially after seeing the beautiful photos that you managed to grab.
Excellent!
Thank you aak91. Which car next then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Red Rhino looks absolutely stunning and in his true elements. The snaps are amazing.

We would have crossed each other somewhere enroute. I started on 23rd a little before 5 am , with a 20 min stop at Saktigarh for breakfast. I diverted towards Berhampore from Kuli more on the Badshahi road , but was royally stuck in the Berhampore bypass intersection for quite some time.

As you reported Farakka, Malda and Islampur traffic was a complete mess.

Did my return during the night - which was a breeze.
Thank you DriveTrain. I realised this time that the morning drive is not a good idea.

Waiting for your TL on the visit to the hills. Some of the clicks you shared were amazing, waiting for the entire set.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 15:06   #21
BHPian

Hey Navtej !! Lovely getaway to the highest peak of this region What a way to end the year and begin a new one, I am sure it must be a different high all together. Rated it a 5* for the beautiful clicks !

The Red Rhino looks amazing with those Alloy Wheels and the backdrop of the snow capped mountains just truly compliment the Thar in all ways possible.

Keep travelling and penning down such beautiful travelogues !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 10:21   #22
BHPian

It's a beautiful travelogue with superb pictures! I enjoyed reading it. Specially, it was quite interesting for me to know the names of some the highest peaks of the world from your pictures! Keep travelling!

Cheers,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks