Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 21:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Wow, Atul and Nandita, the new Video concept in your travelogue is great. . Pl add one video log in every of your upcoming travelogues (I know that it comes on every fortnight) and pl keep on updating more information in the upcoming videos including some comments regarding roads taken, their conditions, specialities, places not to be missed, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Awesome as always! Waiting for video day 2 and of course about the Hulk. I am sure there are others like me who are pretty serious about an upgrade, after rediscovering the joys of two wheels post 40, after testing waters with a more sublime steed and doubts about physical limitations. Please ask atul to share more info on the hulk. And nandy, from the smiles I see on your face, thats one happy rear seat.

ride safe!
Thanks YJ!

If you have a budget of around 8 and want a all day long comfortable touring motorcycle then there is nothing in the market which comes close to the Versys. Only thing which could be a bummer is the seat height, I'll suggest taking a test ride and then decide. I have a thread on my ownership of the Hulk, hope that can help you in deciding

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...sys-650-a.html

There are couple more threads which have all the technicalities and bit by bit details about the Versys, these have helped lot of us in finalizing on the Versys, maybe you can go through them to make your mind!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...2-000-kms.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...sys-650-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
What bike did you guys own before this? Sorry, I am a bit lazy to go back and check your previous travelogues. EDIT - was it the Pulsar 200NS?

Waiting for the Day 2 video.
Thanks Naveen!

We owned a Duke 390 before the Versys and a Duke 200 before that. And Nandita was pillion on both with a total of over a lac kms so moving on to a Versys pillion seat is a huge upgrade

Day 2 video editing almost done.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd January 2018 at 08:46. Reason: Please use multi-quote instead of typing one post after another.
atul.ktm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 22:00   #17
anb
BHPian

Re: Ride to a nature-rich district in Kerala, Idukki

Beatiful photos and excellent write up. I live in Kattappana and my house is just 250m away from Edassery resorts.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Thanks Naveen!

We owned a Duke 390 before the Versys and a Duke 200 before that. And Nandita was pillion on both with a total of over a lac kms so moving on to a Versys pillion seat is a huge upgrade

Day 2 video editing almost done
Ah the Dukes! Yeah the Dukes were never great for pillions - hats off to the lady for riding along on all those kms as pillion. Glad to know that the pillion seat on the Versys is much better. I am primarily asking since I am planning to get a bike here. Thanks for pointing me to your ownership report too. And yes, I have contacted mod Avi for his help too and have seen his ownership report.

Good luck on the riding guys - you do a great job with the travelogues too!
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
Day 2

Unlike all other biriyanis, somehow I kind of like the unique aroma and taste of this biriyani variant. Also, the blend of all Kerala spices contributes to the flavor of this amazing biriyani.
+1 The Malabar biryani is my favourite as well. Light and aromatic.

I have a house in Idukki, across the road from my house is the canal from one of the dams, the place is beautiful, my childhood summer vacations were spent in the area.
I saw it all but noticed nothing, thanks to your travelogue I will look at it with fresh eyes when Im next there

One thing in Kerala you guys missed trying was the food from any local Toddy Bar. From your post I get the feeling that you guys would have enjoyed " the shap food"
Relax&Cruise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Awesome as always! Waiting for video day 2 and of course about the Hulk.

And nandy, from the smiles I see on your face, thats one happy rear seat.

ride safe!
Thank you so much! Day 2 video will be uploaded real soon. And yes, coming from a D390 rear seat, Versys's pillion seat is like bed for me now

Quote:
Great stuff! I love the way you write up and post some great photographs!

I remember they were just working on the Batlagundu bypass and I rode it on the CBR 250R - god I still remember the horrific ride. Good to see the awesome road it is now. It is always beautiful in Kerala and even better - the awesome kerala parotta and beef fry that you get there - even for breakfast! Yumm!!

How was the ride for you as a pillion? Do you find it comfortable? Is it just the stock seats? What bike did you guys own before this? Sorry, I am a bit lazy to go back and check your previous travelogues. EDIT - was it the Pulsar 200NS?
Thanks Naveen. Batlagundu bypass is butter smooth now and heaven for riders/drivers. The small food joints in this highway till Theni serves great authentic home made eats - I specially love the simple anna sambar along with applam and poriyal. And beef fry and kerala parotha are my favorites too.

As Atul mentioned, we had a D390 prior to Hulk so for me Versys seat is like a comfortable bed. Though I never faced any issue with Duke's seat as well (Atul did some jugaad with extra cushioning and all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Wow, Atul and Nandita, the new Video concept in your travelogue is great. . Pl add one video log in every of your upcoming travelogues (I know that it comes on every fortnight) and pl keep on updating more information in the upcoming videos including some comments regarding roads taken, their conditions, specialities, places not to be missed, etc.
Thank you so much! Will definitely incorporate more details in our upcoming videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Beatiful photos and excellent write up. I live in Kattappana and my house is just 250m away from Edassery resorts.
Thank you!

Quote:
Good luck on the riding guys - you do a great job with the travelogues too!
Thank you once again Naveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
One thing in Kerala you guys missed trying was the food from any local Toddy Bar. From your post I get the feeling that you guys would have enjoyed " the shap food"
Will surely try out next time we visit Kerala. Thank you!
Old 29th January 2018, 13:17   #21
BHPian

So here is the Day 2 video of our ride to Idukki:

Day 3 coming soon!
atul.ktm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
Day 2

A small walk through the gardens, laid down by the tourism department, one can have the most amazing view of the landscape. One would marvel the nature’s ability to adapt itself to human intervention at Calvary Mount. From here you can see the mighty Idukki dam and its reservoir from the highest point, the panoramic view from the top is simply refreshing and exhilarating. So the view comprises of the reservoir on one side, villages on the other, mountain ranges and thick forests in the distance. Though most section of the landscape was covered with mist, yet the view was quite picturesque. Each and every angle of view gave a different perspective to the landscape. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here, clicking pictures and appreciating the beauty that nature had to offer.
I happened to see this travelogue only today - Very well written. All the photographs are good indeed. I really liked two of your photos - one was the lone boat snapped in the evening, with the shadow giving a feeling of rumbling in the waters. The other one is the man on the boat with the fishing net with the background of the evening sun ( i suppose). You have a good photographic sense capturing some minute points.

I could see the reservoir (at Kalvari Mount) almost full with water. Our family was there on the 18 May 2017 and had only about 33% of water. After the recent heavy monsoon it is almost full. Good to see that. This is one of the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen. The vast reservoir with the picturesque mountains was just refreshing and we spent almost half a day there. Your pictures brought the memory of our visit.

Kerala is always great for its greenery added to that is the food, we get from small hotels. The taste is just too good to resist and at times goes in abundance into the stomach. We were staying in Thekkady at that time and we missed the tunnel. May be next time.

Thanks once again for the nice photos.
pradeepnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 16:22   #23
BHPian

Here goes the Day 3 of our ride to Idukki:

Will try to be more consistent with these videos :P
atul.ktm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 11:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
I happened to see this travelogue only today - Very well written. All the photographs are good indeed. You have a good photographic sense capturing some minute points.

I could see the reservoir (at Kalvari Mount) almost full with water. Our family was there on the 18 May 2017 and had only about 33% of water.

Kerala is always great for its greenery added to that is the food, we get from small hotels.

We were staying in Thekkady at that time and we missed the tunnel. May be next time.
Thank you so much Pradeep.

Yes, apparently all the reservoirs in and around Idukki are completely filled with water now, post monsoon. Coming to food, Kerala always serves some authentic lip-smacking dishes which is very hard to resist, I personally love the Malabar Biriyani, Kerala Parotha and Beef Fry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Here goes the Day 3 of our ride to Idukki:
Thanks for the upload, Atul.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Just watched all your lovely video summary of every day ! Anil and Nandita, wonderful travelogue. Keep touring. You are one lucky couple that you got each other.....
venkatt1800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 12:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Just watched all your lovely video summary of every day ! Anil and Nandita, wonderful travelogue. Keep touring. You are one lucky couple that you got each other.....
Thank you so much Venkat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks