Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:48   #1
BHPian

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary

Kids are done with their exams and its high time for a much needed break for them, god knows where this education system of rat race is heading towards in this country on the name of competition and success, ok lets not talk about it now. Its time to plan a holiday, it has to be a wildlife driving holiday and its the basic requirement. Its a family holiday and it needs some planning unlike my other drives. We are 4 kids 8 adults and 2 SUVs(MU X and a Fortuner ).

I heard about Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary[TWLS] in maharastra from a friend which is 5 hrs drive from hyderabad, and the major problem is there are no decent places to stay around the national park. 6 months back my close friend Dr Ravi varma from AP super speciality dental hospital hyderabad mentioned about a wild life resort coming up just outside tipeshwar wild life sanctuary. As soon as those words flashed in my mind i picked up my phone and immediately called him and got the contact of the resort. Next day called up and spoke to Mr Uday the owner of Fox tail eco retreat, which turned out to be a pleasant one. Uday is a very passionate wild life enthusiast and conservationist.

Fox tail eco retreat
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-0e650281929bfad95e1cf8c04de20092.jpg

Started to make the bookings, booked 4 tents for 2 nights 26th and 27 march, booked morning and evening safaries with a morning safari on 28 to be decided later. Best part is you can take your SUV inside the forest for safari.

Time to fill up the tummy.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8019.jpg

Started on 25th morning from bhimavaram and plan is to reach hyderabad and stay that night.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8020.jpg

I learned that lonely roads lead to beautiful destinations coupled with exciting journey.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8047.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8048.jpg

A small stretch break on the way.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8042.jpg

Started on 26th morning from hyderabad at 8:30 am and reached the resort by 1:00 pm for lunch, we had a tasty and simple lunch of desi chicken with roti and dal.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8096.jpg

Post lunch we checked in to our tents for some rest.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8053-1.jpg

These are air-conditioned swiss tents, and are very comfortable.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-22.jpg

Sunna gate of TWLS seen from my tent.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8060.jpg

Kids were busy playing.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8095.jpg

Evening is spent checking out the surroundings and got a chance to see a beautiful sunset over the forest.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8069.jpg

Just kept watching the sun go down over the machaan. Realized that 2 machaans seen are inside the resort, These machaans gave sunset a completely different charm.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8091.jpg

Woke up early and were ready in no time to head towards our gypsy.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8112.jpg

Cool forest breeze tickling your skin can only be felt in a gypsy.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8114.jpg

Drivers of the gypsies are more worried about finding a tiger.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8116.jpg

Checking the pics.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8128.jpg

Spotted a wild dog, which is very rare in that area, wild dogs live in packs and a lone wild dog surviving is a very rare and strange thing, our guide was telling us that this is the only one present in the sanctuary right now. One dog died a year before and reason of death was unknown, lonely wild dog surviving means there must be abundant small prey like wild hare and many other small prey in that area.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-1.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-3.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-2.jpg

What a beautiful small animal it is.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-4.jpg

Tiger sightings are regular in the park from last 3-4 months as there are 3 female 1 male and 8 cubs in such a small area, 2 tigress with 6 cubs were sharing their territory with out any conflict is strange (If they want their own territory 28%GTS is applicable and had to be paid only by bank transfer according to the government, hence tigers there are smart enough to compromise and lead a frugal and peaceful life).

Sun god started to take his revenge in a ruthless way and its 10 am, kids started to feel the heat, so we decided to turn back and return to the resort.

Fresh lemon juice with sabja seeds were served instantly as soon as we reached the resort, superb combination to beat the heat and hydrate your body and mind instantly.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8150.jpg

Poha and sprouts for breakfast feels amazing after a safari.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8183.jpg

Went back to our tents for the much needed rest. Our after noon safari is at 3:00 pm, and decided to take our SUVs for the safari. Post lunch all of us are ready for the afternoon safari, now with more comfort. A friend from hyderabad joined us with his Duster AWD.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8157.jpg

I was shocked to see the Temperature outside, 43 degrees by last week of march. What will it be like in the month of may?
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8159.jpg

Evening safari was very comfortable with AC blowing to its full potential to keep us cool, still no glimpse of the tiger. Its 6 pm and we drove back to our resort, after a few minutes resort staff got a call saying that there is sighting of a tigress with her 3 cubs very close to the sanctuary gate, My friends got a chance to see the tigress and cubs very close. Tiger Photo courtesy: Vamsi( Duster AWD guy).
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-emhze5875.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-qqcie4903.jpg

Evening safari ended uneventful, hence decided to book 28th morning safari.

Got the bookings done early morning before 6 am. We were ready by the time first rays of light hit the horizon.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8105.jpg

Both the beasts are ready for the safari.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8066.jpg

We were the only people at the entrance gate to reach before 6 am.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8170.jpg

Last edited by drbones : 5th April 2018 at 00:50.
drbones is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 00:44   #2
BHPian

re: Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary

After entering TWLS i realized that morning safari can show you one of the best sunrise of your life.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-29791226_1998800080148914_5880758305560168582_n.jpg

I just want time to freeze now, sunrise here is mesmerizing.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-29749707_1998802713481984_7320224149262497552_o.jpg

After getting carried away by the sunrise, MU X moved on and saw fresh pug marks. Its a tigress with her cubs which might had just crossed the path, we followed the pug marks for 200-300 meters as they disappeared in to the forest.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-9.jpg

Wild boars are plenty here, they make a tasty snack for the big cats, but some times they can be dangerous for the cubs.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-3.jpg

After driving deeper in to the forest, we heard some noise of animals running. Saw this alert nilgai looking at us with high suspicion.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_3349.jpg

After just 50 meters we found this injured nilgai, with a broken horn. It looks like a fresh injury after a fight.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-8.jpg

Crested serpent eagle relaxing on a tree just above a water hole.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_3379.jpg

Tipeshwar lake is dried up by almost 2/3 rd, and is expected to be completely dry this year for the very first time.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-29983105_1998800860148836_6849861726073142568_o.jpg

Now its 10:30 am and time to go back to the resort, check out and drive back home. All of us are very happy with this driving holiday, completely satisfied.

Here comes the interesting part of the drive, comparison of MU X and Fortuner....

This drive is 1922 kms on all type of surfaces. These are completely my personal observations and don't expect each and every aspect as i am not a professional auto journalist. Owning MU X from past 9 months, i may lean towards MU X naturally. I tried my best to be completely unbiased as i got nothing to do with both the companies( Isuzu and Toyota).

Looks are completely subjective. If MU X is tiger, Fortuner is a cheetah. Looks wise i like fortuner a little more than MU X.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-5.jpg

Design of both the SUVs are clean and neat.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-7.jpg

Fortuner is more aggressive and MU X is conservative in terms of design.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-11.jpg

Fuel tank capacity, Fortuner has 80L tank where as MU X has 65L capacity. These suvs are build for overland expeditions, Toyota takes the cake here from Isuzu
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-6.jpg

MU X hovering around 1800rpm when crusing at 100kmph.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8046.jpg

Fortuner hovers at a very relaxed 1500rpm at 100kmph, 6 gear comes in to play here.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8041.jpg

LCD screen with superb surround sound is a very good feature when traveling with children, just carry some of your kids favorite DVDs and you are done with handling them. Best part is rear view of the driver is not hampered while rear passengers are watching a movie.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_7990.jpg

Kids vote for MU X just for its movie screen. They are least bothered about all the specifications, brand image etc, they just decide on where they feel happy and comfortable.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_e8199.jpg

My niece and daughter proof reading the thread for errors, and try this next time when writing your thread. Kids are very good at grammar and punctuation, much better than adults.
Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-img_8227.jpg

Last edited by drbones : 5th April 2018 at 00:59.
drbones is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 07:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line section to Travelogues.

Thanks for sharing.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 09:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

A nicely written travelogue with crisp photographs. Thanks for the comparison between Fortuner and MUX. IMHO, MU-X looks better than Fortuner in all the frames. Great to see this beast taking you to places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
My niece and daughter proof reading the thread for errors, and try this next time when writing your thread. [/ATTACH]
That's an amazing idea. Thanks for this useful tip.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 10:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Here comes the interesting part of the drive, comparison of MU X and Fortuner....

This drive is 1922 kms on all type of surfaces. These are completely my personal observations and don't expect each and every aspect as i am not a professional auto journalist. Owning MU X from past 9 months, i may lean towards MU X naturally. I tried my best to be completely unbiased as i got nothing to do with both the companies( Isuzu and Toyota).

MU X hovering around 1800rpm when crusing at 100kmph.
Attachment 1748841

Fortuner hovers at a very relaxed 1500rpm at 100kmph, 6 gear comes in to play here.
Attachment 1748842

Kids vote for MU X just for its movie screen. They are least bothered about all the specifications, brand image etc, they just decide on where they feel happy and comfortable.
Attachment 1748844
Unsealed 4x4 did a 4x4 SUV shootout and MuX came in third after Fortuner and Trailblazer, then the Endeavor came at 4th position with Pajero Sport bringing up the rear. Eliminating models not available in India MUX takes 2nd position and Endeavor the 3rd. Unfortunately we don't get 6 speed AT here yet.

http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue041/#145

What is the fuel efficiency you got out of the MUX and how much did the Fortuner squeeze out? Very interested to learn about the real world FE figures of the MUX 4x4 AT.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 10:58   #6
BHPian

Dear drones,

Nice set of pics and lovely travelogue there.

One thing caught my attention is if the fortuner has done 50k KMS, Then why it doesn't have registration number..??
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Unsealed 4x4 did a 4x4 SUV shootout and MuX came in third after Fortuner and Trailblazer, then the Endeavor came at 4th position with Pajero Sport bringing up the rear. Eliminating models not available in India MUX takes 2nd position and Endeavor the 3rd. Unfortunately we don't get 6 speed AT here yet.

http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue041/#145

What is the fuel efficiency you got out of the MUX and how much did the Fortuner squeeze out? Very interested to learn about the real world FE figures of the MUX 4x4 AT.
MU X gave a 11.54 kmpl, which is decent for a 3.0L AT 4X4. Fortuner gave a good 12.7 kmpl as it is a 4x2 AT. FE figures had to be considered excellent for both SUVs for the weight and power they produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear drones,

Nice set of pics and lovely travelogue there.

One thing caught my attention is if the fortuner has done 50k KMS, Then why it doesn't have registration number..??
Fortuner guy is waiting for a good number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
A nicely written travelogue with crisp photographs. Thanks for the comparison between Fortuner and MUX. IMHO, MU-X looks better than Fortuner in all the frames. Great to see this beast taking you to places.

That's an amazing idea. Thanks for this useful tip.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 12:41   #8
BHPian

Re: Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary

Great narration and some wonderful pictures. Proofreading by kids is a concept I am eagerly looking forward to. Mine is just 3 years old.
Thanks for sharing the details, since I am in Hyderabad I was planning to hit this post monsoon. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 15:49   #9
BHPian

That's a great travelogue drbones. You had taken two beasts on a safari. Photographs are real good.

So many hidden gems in India if one wishes to explore. Would love to know a bit more on the driving experience of MU-X vis-a-vis Fortuner. Looks wise I would prefer the ISUZU.

Keep sharing stories of your escapades with the MU-X.

Regards
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 00:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Great narration and some wonderful pictures. Proofreading by kids is a concept I am eagerly looking forward to. Mine is just 3 years old.
Thanks for sharing the details, since I am in Hyderabad I was planning to hit this post monsoon. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
ARAY thanks, proofreading by kids is a coincidence, While i was writing this travelogue, kids came in and started to read the travelogue and found out some errors. I asked them to note all the errors they can find and correct them,and they did a good job. Its a good way for kids to learn how to write. My next travelogue will be compiled by my daughter is what i have in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
That's a great travelogue drbones. You had taken two beasts on a safari. Photographs are real good.

So many hidden gems in India if one wishes to explore. Would love to know a bit more on the driving experience of MU-X vis-a-vis Fortuner. Looks wise I would prefer the ISUZU.

Keep sharing stories of your escapades with the MU-X.

Regards
Pratyush
Pratyush thanks, india is an all in one country of this planet. You get to see every type of geography of this planet in this beautiful country. Regarding driving experience MU X will win over fortuner in many aspects if not in all. If its value for money, MU X beats fortuner hands down.
Old 7th April 2018, 13:16   #11
BANNED

Hello Drbones, As it is a very good and detailed travalouge and i must thank you for making my decision buying SUV more precise as i was a bit confused and screwed between MU X, Fortuner and Endy. But after following your threads, I have finally owned the MU X finally and opted for 4x4 AT. Will post pics of MUX in my next post.

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-20180407_131520_574.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-20180407_131517_827.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-20180407_131523_315.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-20180407_131528_608.jpg

Isuzu MU-X goes to the Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary-20180407_131515_065.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th April 2018 at 13:47. Reason: Back to back posts.
patel8585 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 13:32   #12
BHPian

Really well written narrative and professionally taken photographs. You were fortunate to be able to spot at least a few animals. Being a dry season, most animals would be taking cover inside. Very sad to see the river going completely dry. I hope the forest authorities make alternative arrangements to quench thirst.

What route did you take between Bhimavaram-Hyderabad? A couple of years back we went via. Gudivada, Vijayawada. The road was in average condition but greenery on both sides was refreshing. What is the conditon now?
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 14:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
Hello Drbones, As it is a very good and detailed travalouge and i must thank you for making my decision buying SUV more precise as i was a bit confused and screwed between MU X, Fortuner and Endy. But after following your threads, I have finally owned the MU X finally and opted for 4x4 AT. Will post pics of MUX in my next post.
patel8585, congrats on your new MU X. Its is a very good suv and you will love it for all the good reasons. MU X 4X4 AT is the best choice of the big 3. Hope you have a fantstic time owning the beast. BTW what is the on road price in gujrat?

Last edited by drbones : 7th April 2018 at 14:09.
Old 7th April 2018, 14:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

OT for this thread but great to see a fellow BHPian from Anand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel8585 View Post
I have finally owned the MU X finally and opted for 4x4 AT. Will post pics of MUX in my next post.
Congratulations on your new MU X, patel8585. Hope to spot you and your new MU X somewhere in Anand. Wishing You Many Happy Miles. Keep Revving.
Old 8th April 2018, 00:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Really well written narrative and professionally taken photographs. You were fortunate to be able to spot at least a few animals. Being a dry season, most animals would be taking cover inside. Very sad to see the river going completely dry. I hope the forest authorities make alternative arrangements to quench thirst.

What route did you take between Bhimavaram-Hyderabad? A couple of years back we went via. Gudivada, Vijayawada. The road was in average condition but greenery on both sides was refreshing. What is the conditon now?
Thanks strawhat, dry season is the best time to see animals as all of them gather at the water holes, but mostly during early morning or late evening.

I always take Bhimavaram-Narayanapuram-eluru-vijayawada-suryapet-Hyderabad. Road condition is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks