Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2018, 10:38   #31
BHPian

Re: 7 Indian States, 7000 km & countless memories - The epic Central and Western India ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
One thing, how did you book all the accommodation in advance and keep to your plan so accurately? What if you lost a day earlier in the trip? All accommodation dates would have been disrupted. It's another matter that you reached safe and sound but in the eventuality of a serviceability issue on a vehicle, small mishap on the road, etc. Did you have a fall back option?
Thanks Les! Out of the 16 nights, we had made an advance payment for a booking for only 4 nights (Jaisalmer sand dunes, Dholavira, Hodka and 2 nights in Bhuj) as these would be buzzing with tourists. Also, we had requested with these places to try and accommodate us in case we get offset by a day or two. Thankfully, such a situation didn't arise.

All the other hotels for 12 nights were booked only a day prior to each, on the go, based on our progress. Apps like Oyo, Treebo and the usual Google search were used. However, we had made a prior list of hotel options to stay in

EDIT: Just uploading a couple of screenshots of hotels and route, as they might help others plan.

7 Indian States, 7000 km & countless memories - The epic Central and Western India ride!-route.jpg
Route Plan

7 Indian States, 7000 km & countless memories - The epic Central and Western India ride!-hotel.jpg
Shortlisted/booked Hotel Names

Last edited by Added_flavor : 19th July 2018 at 10:48.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 22:08   #32

Central India Tour From Bolpur (West Bengal)

Planning a tour with family on my one year old Mahindra TUV T3+ on these autumn holidays. I know I am late with the post but could decide on undertaking the same only this evening after having met some pressing family affairs.
I have already undertaken a few long journeys with the family including one covering the whole of Rajasthan and another to Tirupati, Bangalore, Mysore, Coorg, Ooty and back both with my former four-wheeler, a Quanto from Mahindra.
This time after a lot of searching I have come up with the following plan which I put up here to get from all BHPans comments and advice:
First this is how the tour map looks like:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...4749842905&z=7
Day I :
Bolpur – Allahabad (around 700 km) mainly via Old NH 2 (NH19). Hope to make an early start so that it doesn't get too late to reach Pryagraj. Any update on the road condition (heard six laning is underway in many places in UP/Bihar) is heartily welcome.
Day II
Allahabad - Deur Kothar (Buddhist Stupa in MP). Then Proceed to Rewa via Keoti, Chachai and Purwa falls, a journey of about 270 Kms.
http://https://www.google.com/maps/d...4827376991&z=9
What I fail to find out why google suggests to take a detour from Sohagi via Khatika and Sirmaur to reach Deur Kother
Day III
Spending time in Rewa Fort and Palace, Govindpur Palace and Mukundpur White Tiger Safari before proceeding towards Tala for Bandhavgarh Tiger Safari. A journey of 200 Kms which I want to finish in time to catch the evening safari. Otherwise, the safari has to wait for the next morning.
Day IV
Tala to Jabalpur (around 230 km) with local sightseeing in mind. Would love to stay near Bhedaghat. Will this be too hectic?
Day V
Jabalpur - Khajuraho (around 300 Km). Hope to have a glimpse of the eastern group of temples at Khajuraho before the day ends and join the light and sound show in the evening.
Day VI
Morning visit to Western group of temples which I wish to wind up by 9.30. Then proceed to Raneh waterfalls and then Kalinjar Fort via Panna. From there I would like to travel to Chitrakoot for a night stay having undertaken a journey of around 200 Km. I willfully leave out Ajaygarh Fort since I am not too sure that we would be able to climb up the steep fort. Is Pandav cave in Panna worth a visit?
Days VII & VIII
Having made a visit to the ghats and temples at Chitrakoot early morning would take the return journey home via Allahabad where I would catch the NH2. It is a 820 Km journey which I think would make in two days with a night halt midway at Sasaram.
Your esteemed suggestions are most welcome
sobdo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks