Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 17:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)

Awesome! You deserve 5 stars for holding onto your nerves across 6 states, pulling thru a toll plaza jam at an unearthly hour, narrow and potholed roads and all those that every driver dreads and more. But you were surely doing a too fast drive at places thru the scenic North Bengal villages, as your video says. Thank God that was uneventful.

I guess you used GM for navigation. Great pics of Bhutan, especially the one of the monastery in the clouds on steep ridges. The trek must have sapped your energies like none else.

Do post more stuff, especially of the trek.
DrVjy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 20:33   #47
BHPian

Re: Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVjy View Post
Awesome! You deserve 5 stars for holding onto your nerves across 6 states, pulling thru a toll plaza jam at an unearthly hour, narrow and potholed roads and all those that every driver dreads and more. But you were surely doing a too fast drive at places thru the scenic North Bengal villages, as your video says. Thank God that was uneventful.
I guess you used GM for navigation. Great pics of Bhutan, especially the one of the monastery in the clouds on steep ridges. The trek must have sapped your energies like none else.

Do post more stuff, especially of the trek.
Thank you for the rating and your feedback DrVjy. I used GM navigation for most of the trip and it was quite helpful. The trek to Tigers nest was exhausting however it was an amazing experience.
Old 29th October 2018, 15:28   #48
BHPian

Re: Roadtrip: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days - 6400KMS -5 States - One International Destination)

Bhutan is one of the go-to places in my wish-list. Your trip certainly provided much needed insights on how to deal some of the problems along the way. Thank you for sharing this wonderful travelogue, with beautiful pictures complementing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAART View Post
[b]
Accommodation – My wife’s house in Habsiguda
Btw @DAART, I too stay in Habsiguda, Street No 4, Nandanvan colony. Ping me whenever you come to your in-laws house.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 20:58   #49
BHPian

Re: Roadtrip: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days - 6400KMS -5 States - One International Destination)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post

Btw @DAART, I too stay in Habsiguda, Street No 4, Nandanvan colony. Ping me whenever you come to your in-laws house.
Thank you, will surely ping when I visit Hyderabad next time nice to know you stay close to my in-laws house. Wish you good luck if you're planning for Bhutan roadtrip.
DAART is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 08:20   #50

Two mad brothers - 6 States - And a beast (XUV 500 W10).

So, it started from 11pm Friday night(usual time to start the weekend party, although ours was a different plan)
States covered:

1. Karnataka: Roads are good, well maintained and broad.

2. Tamil Nadu: Very small section was covered(not sure)

3. Andra Pradesh: Most beautiful road ever drove, with small - small section's under repair. Put the car in cruise mode(if available) and relax (I wish to own a Tesla now).

4. Odisha: Roads are thik thak with some parts having patches , some parts are good and some are fine, Bhubaneswar was best for the bypass road (Thanks to whoever made it, state government or NHAI). Be aware of the Balasore area as you see a lot of cattle, bull fights are common (had a very scary encounter with a bull fight on highway).

5. West Bengal, Bihar : Durgapur stretch was perfect and then we enter where you get to test your temper, your patience and your endurance. Had nightmare of covering more miles in the night time. Why don't government or NHAI work on better roads than politics? (personal opinion). From roads, then some roads and then no roads and finally a small river cross(thanks to Google baba, would never follow Google maps ever). Monsoon made the roads from Malda to Siliguri horrible experience. Reached home at 7am(which is almost 6 hours delay from the planned arrival time), don't mind much as it was time to hug maa and papa (I can travel across the globe for them).

Machine: Mahindra XUV 500 W10

Something about the beast: Didn't drop my expectations, drove like the king of the roads, most comfortable bed one can make in a car(it was our home for the entire trip). When you are on trip,never count "kitna deti hai?" (Milega) although got 16kmpl(all time AC on) which is better than I can even imagine. Fallen in love with the beast again(XUV 500). Comandable seating position, comfy seats, more spacious and aircraft look like dashboard ( I can write the whole night about the car). Etc.....

Moral: Try trips in a life time, be it Leh Ladakh or 2500km far away for your parents and Durga Puja. This trip made me see many things, something new to learn and some perceptions got cleared and most importantly I checked my endurance.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190915_143944.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190915_114409.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190914_073138.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190914_073157.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190914_073108.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190915_153319.jpg  

Road-trip in a Ciaz: Bangalore to Bhutan (16 Days, 6800 km, 5 States)-img_20190916_233311_540.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2019 at 10:12. Reason: Corrected typo & spacing; image editing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks