Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Photologue: Delhi/NCR BHPians drive to Narkanda in search of Snow

Congrats on the travelogue!!! I too feel the descent in the dark on those narrow hill roads covered with snow was risky. At least the videos appear so. Otherwise the pictures are very nice and it was great for so many Team-BHPians to get together and do something exciting. We would have loved to know about how individual cars performed as you guys have taken a wide spectrum of cars there. Without any offence to owners, we are all proud of our rides, but also know the strengths and limitations.
drjkonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 11:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics and very nicely written! And an awesome way to experience snow fall. Such drives are more fun when you drive along with like-minded folks and you got the right team there.

Hatu peak is a challenging one, any specific reason that you choose to drive this stretch after dark? I think it would have been even better during day.

This was during my drive,
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Awesome pics and very nicely written! And an awesome way to experience snow fall. Such drives are more fun when you drive along with like-minded folks and you got the right team there.

Hatu peak is a challenging one, any specific reason that you choose to drive this stretch after dark? I think it would have been even better during day.
Thank you Arun!
Excitement did play a role in our decision to go for Hatu Peak.
It was decided that we'll climb as long as we feel it to be safe. However, we lost daylight soon enough to the heavy snowfall and decided to head back.
It got pitch dark after only a few minutes of our descend.

Did not have time for Hatu Peak, the next day.
Ashir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:54   #19
BHPian

Woah!! Now that was some adventure, wasn't it?

You show these videos to any local, you'll pretty sure get a pat on the back along with a piece of their mind

Not discouraging you, but that place is best avoided during such weather and time of the day. Things can turn pretty bad there in no time and I can say that as I have witnessed some.

To your advantage, the snow was fresh.Had you taken a few more hours to return, you would have to park the beasts and wait till the sunshine next day.

PS- Loved the short Tlog. May the convoy grow.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks