Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 13:20   #31

Re: Mizoram: A road-trip

I noticed that you mentioned a car honking at you while passing your jeep. What might have happened was that the driver was thanking you for letting him pass which is what drivers here usually do.
AngelDustnBones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:39   #32
BHPian

Boy oh Boy oh Boy, if this is not tempting enough to pack one's bags & hit the road to Mizoram, I wonder what is...

Riveting travelogue, mesmerizing pics & and a befitting write up & so deserves full 5 stars.

I have a few contacts in Aizwal & every time they visit Delhi & meet me they sing songs about the nature & beauty that Mizoram is & I'm intrigued & fascinated both at the same time, since at heart I'm a traveler & a wanderer & mountains seem to cast a spell on me.

Enough about me, your travelogue has got me thinking about how to put together a road trip right from Delhi to Mizoram, I don't know when i will act on this thought but I guarantee that i will & soon

Last edited by gurthvader : 19th June 2018 at 18:41.
gurthvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 19:56   #33
BHPian

Very nice travelogue with captivating narrative which is complimented with beautiful photographs. There is always something mysterious about the hinterlands of the North East as these areas of the country have been quite less explored by the travellers. As such the North Eastern States offer pristine and unspoilt natural beauty at its best. Also it was good to know about the bonhomie you share with your Bolero . Thanks and best regards. Keep posting.

GODSPEED
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 09:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDustnBones View Post
I noticed that you mentioned a car honking at you while passing your jeep. What might have happened was that the driver was thanking you for letting him pass which is what drivers here usually do.
Now that you mention it might just be that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthvader View Post
Boy oh Boy oh Boy, if this is not tempting enough to pack one's bags & hit the road to Mizoram, I wonder what is...

Riveting travelogue, mesmerizing pics & and a befitting write up & so deserves full 5 stars.

I have a few contacts in Aizwal & every time they visit Delhi & meet me they sing songs about the nature & beauty that Mizoram is & I'm intrigued & fascinated both at the same time, since at heart I'm a traveler & a wanderer & mountains seem to cast a spell on me.

Enough about me, your travelogue has got me thinking about how to put together a road trip right from Delhi to Mizoram, I don't know when i will act on this thought but I guarantee that i will & soon
Thanks a lot for the kind words. You must definitely work out a plan to visit the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
Very nice travelogue with captivating narrative which is complimented with beautiful photographs. There is always something mysterious about the hinterlands of the North East as these areas of the country have been quite less explored by the travellers. As such the North Eastern States offer pristine and unspoilt natural beauty at its best. Also it was good to know about the bonhomie you share with your Bolero . Thanks and best regards. Keep posting.

GODSPEED
Thank you. You are right and most of the seven sisters states remain unexplored with the exception of Assam and Meghalaya to a certain extent.

I just love the Bolero
Old 21st June 2018, 22:22   #35
BHPian

Excellent is the word.

I could not even blink properly until I completed reading the travelogue.

Great trip and write-up equally giving justice to it.
mbhalara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 14:34   #36
BHPian

Beautifully compiled blog with some excellent pictures of the transforming landscape. NE definitely has a lot to explore. A single visit generates the polarity and the magnitude of the attractions keeps getting more with time. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:59   #37
BHPian

Simply outstanding with crispy pictures .. Added in the wish list. Ratted 5* and thanks for sharing.

Regards -
PointZero
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 09:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhalara View Post
Excellent is the word.

I could not even blink properly until I completed reading the travelogue.
Great trip and write-up equally giving justice to it.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Beautifully compiled blog with some excellent pictures of the transforming landscape. NE definitely has a lot to explore. A single visit generates the polarity and the magnitude of the attractions keeps getting more with time. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
Thanks for the kind words. Even though I am from the region myself, I am constantly surprised with every new place I visit. I will definitely keep sharing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Simply outstanding with crispy pictures .. Added in the wish list. Ratted 5* and thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot PointZero! Coming from you, it means a lot
gunin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 18:18   #39
BHPian

@Gunin. Wonderful travelogue. Those night pictures of lighted slopes is something I experienced in Aizawl during my recent visit. It is like the slopes are draped with stars!
Madmax_SP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 11:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
It always bothered me that I have never visited Mizoram. I have heard and read about the beautiful places, the traffic discipline, the shops without shopkeepers and the welcoming people of Mizoram.
I saw this pic in FB today and it immediately reminded me of your travelogue. I have never been to Mizoram or any part of NE. I was really surprised seeing this pic. It looks so good and disciplined, that I couldn't believe this is also in India. I hope this pic is genuine. Hats off to the people of Mizo!

Mizoram: A road-trip-38085266_1654337204670985_114002197406023680_n.jpg
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 12:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

An excellent travelogue with amazing photographs.

I am toying with the idea of a trip to Seven Sisters. I think just one trip can't do justice to this amazing region. This travelogue will be an inspiration to me. Thanks for Sharing.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 17:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Day 8-9: Aizawl to GuwahatiWe were able to start from Aizawl at around 9 am. Being a Sunday, everything was closed in the city and the streets were free from traffic. Even the petrol pumps were closed.
Thanks for this wonderful and informative travelogue. Some of the roads look deserted. Is it safe if one is traveling with family?
Payaniga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 09:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaniga View Post
Thanks for this wonderful and informative travelogue. Some of the roads look deserted. Is it safe if one is traveling with family?

Thank you. Yes, many of the roads look deserted as the population density is relatively less here. From a safety point of view, I feel Mizoram is one of the safest places to travel with one's family as the people are friendly and helpful. The only danger I can see is of road blockage caused by landslides during monsoons.
gunin is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks