Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2018, 16:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Ooty / Coonoor on my Honda Dio (Bumble), Versys 650 & KTM Duke

Travelogues like this should carry statutory warning.

"Please do not try the rides mentioned in this travelogue. Rides like this are performed by very motivated people like Nandita and team. Any back ache / tiredness / nausea arising out of undertaking such long rides on scooter is the sole responsibility of those trying to do so despite the warning. Better stick to riding in your city to and fro from office."

Jokes apart, one word about this travelogue: Awesome. Hats off to the team for motivation and stamina to do such a long ride in a short time. Excellent photography as well.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 9th June 2018 at 16:52.
AltoLXI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 14:37   #17
BHPian

Wonderfully compiled experience. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep traveling and sharing such wonder blogs.
Some of the pictures are mesmerizing to say the least.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 17:59   #18
BHPian

Wow. Beautiful place. I wouldn't dare to take a scooter to Ooty. Nice travelogue. Cheers
Old 2nd July 2018, 22:50   #19
BHPian

Here is the video of Day 1 of the ride:

atul.ktm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
Awesome travelogue as always, Long distance travel on a Honda Dio must have been torturous on the back/lower back. Was there any after effects i wonder
Thank you so much! I had absolutely no difficulty while riding the Dio and no after effects as well - no lower or back pain. I have taken Bumble to Yercaud, Wayanad too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Wow, 700 plus kms in a Dio ......Well done
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
As always, amazing travelogue Nandita and Atul. How did the Dio fare the 700 kms, was it comfortable? Did you (Nandita) ride the Versys?
Thank you so much! Dio fared really well, just that it drank a bit more fuel than the other two bikes. And I dropped the bike twice (my first fall from Dio). Also, no, I generally don't ride the Versys, way too heavy for me I feel. Atul and Amruthesh at times switch their bikes though

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
A very good travelogue indeed. And are you saying me those pictures are clicked on your smartphone?? I mean, those are stunning. You seem to be a Valentino Rossi fan too. Your keychain adores the number "46". Cheers!
Pratyush
Thank you so much. The pictures are all clicked by my iPhone 8+. Also, yes, I'm a big time Rossi fan hence the keychain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks for sharing this sweet and short travelogue. And a Dio for ~700 kilometers, am sure you kept Atul and Amrutesh waiting on highways And a word about pictures, they don't appear being clicked by a smart phone, either your smart phone has a good camera or the app used is awesome. When is the mega log coming up? I am waiting for it
Thank you! I clicked all these pictures using my iPhone 8+ and edited on Snapseed/Lightroom. NE t log is coming really soon, working on the day-wise t logs and the pics as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I got the same feeling that pleasantly washed over me when I read about the Tata Nano conquering the Himalayas. Its amazing to know that a humble man might still be able to rival the top rung when it comes to the quest for adventure. All it takes is guts, discipline and priority.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish_390 View Post
Brilliant pictures Nandita. 700Kms on a Dio is an achievement in itself. Cheers.

PS: I am waiting for the other log.
Thanks Aashish. NE T Log will be up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Awesome stuff, not everyone does a 700km trip on a Dio.....about them to share!
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
First and foremost: When is that mega travelogue coming up, Nandita? - Your thread added some fuel to that fire. Now to ask the home minister permission to borrow the scooter.
Mega T Log coming really soon. Another month or so may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordSport View Post
Nice travelogue and pics
I love the drive from Ooty to Masanagudi and was lucky to see wild animals enroute.
Thank you! I have been constantly unlucky in spotting wild life between Ooty - Masinagudi route apart from the usual langoors, elephants and deers. Waiting for the day when I see a tiger. Got a glimpse of a bison once though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Nice! - Didn't do the round trip via Salem though because I found that route to be very hot with hardly any tree cover. http://vsbabu.org/mt/archives/2014/0...l_enfield.html has my notes. Guess what - back pain completely disappeared
Thanks! Returning via Salem can be hotter and longer but then we prefer taking this highway rather than the overly crowded Mysore road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Travelogues like this should carry statutory warning.- Hats off to the team for motivation and stamina to do such a long ride in a short time. Excellent photography as well.
Thanks a lot for all the motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Wonderfully compiled experience. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep traveling and sharing such wonder blogs.
Some of the pictures are mesmerizing to say the least.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Wow. Beautiful place. I wouldn't dare to take a scooter to Ooty. Nice travelogue. Cheers
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Here is the video of Day 1 of the ride:
Thanks for sharing the video, Atul
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks