Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 11:00   #16
BHPian

Re: A Himalayan Odyssey: Trek to Hampta Pass

The best part of trekking with India Hikes is their Free Trek policy. In case you are unable to complete the trek due to medical issues midway (turned back by the Trek Leader), you can choose to come back at a later point in time to attempt and complete the trek, free of charge!
Even in case you were able to complete the trek, you are free to register for the same trek, again, free of charge!
A lot depends on the guides and the Trek Leaders and we had an amazing time with the entire bunch just last week.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Wow! What a beautiful journey. The preparation and the efforts you have put in is equally commendable. Unknowingly you are an inspiration to many. The pictures are raw and share the adversity of the weather and the terrain.
The post got me addicted. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful experience .
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
The best part of trekking with India Hikes is their Free Trek policy. In case you are unable to complete the trek due to medical issues midway (turned back by the Trek Leader), you can choose to come back at a later point in time to attempt and complete the trek, free of charge!
Even in case you were able to complete the trek, you are free to register for the same trek, again, free of charge!
A lot depends on the guides and the Trek Leaders and we had an amazing time with the entire bunch just last week.
Wow. I was not aware of this. Thanks for sharing. This sounds like a very nice policy to have.

I agree with your comment on the trek leaders. In fact, our trek leaders went out of their way to make sure we were made comfortable. Right from playing team games and helping us during our walks, they also did not shy away from providing some of us their sleeping liners when ours were wet. They also kept us motivated throughout and helped us complete the difficult days.

Do share your experiences with us. Which trek did you go to? Any special pictures / memories that would like to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Wow! What a beautiful journey. The preparation and the efforts you have put in is equally commendable. Unknowingly you are an inspiration to many. The pictures are raw and share the adversity of the weather and the terrain.
The post got me addicted. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful experience .
Thanks Aray ! I am glad my post could inspire you as well. Here's another one - my weight at the start of preparations was 75kg, and after coming back from the trek was 70

To be candid, I haven't been able to continue the fitness regime consistently after coming back from the trek. I hope my weight has not crept back up. Reasons for not going for a run / walk are plenty but they are all excuses. Need to get the consistency back without any further excuse
Old 30th July 2018, 14:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
Which trek did you go to? Any special pictures / memories that would like to share.
I completed the Hampta Pass trek just two weeks ago. Seems our batch was blessed with unusually good weather, we reached Shea Goru by 1:15 pm , the next fastest batch according to the guides and Trek lead took at least 2 hours more.
Unable to share pictures since they are larger than limit. Will try to share a later point in time.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I completed the Hampta Pass trek just two weeks ago. Seems our batch was blessed with unusually good weather, we reached Shea Goru by 1:15 pm , the next fastest batch according to the guides and Trek lead took at least 2 hours more.
Unable to share pictures since they are larger than limit. Will try to share a later point in time.

Wow ! Same here. I was in my tent at Shea Goru at around 1.30 pm Was third to reach the campsite. Didn't get any time for the food at the pass though due to bad weather.

Did you get to see the Indrasan clearly from the top ? Do post a few pics (even mobile ones will do).
Old 1st August 2018, 11:34   #21

Thanks Maddy3008 for the amazing travelogue on Hampta trek. The place looks absolutely mesmerizing, we are bunch of 4 planning to take a monsoon trek in Aug mid. I know all the places in HP/UK will be flooded but we are still raring to test our XUV through the terrains and then trek for 30-40km or so (Easy to moderate). Can you suggest some good trek options which we can plan for? I guess Hampta will take a longer time but we want to compress it all in 5-6 days. Any suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated. And we do not want to join another professional group of trekkers as we like our own pace
guyfawkes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
Thanks Maddy3008 for the amazing travelogue on Hampta trek. The place looks absolutely mesmerizing, we are bunch of 4 planning to take a monsoon trek in Aug mid. I know all the places in HP/UK will be flooded but we are still raring to test our XUV through the terrains and then trek for 30-40km or so (Easy to moderate). Can you suggest some good trek options which we can plan for? I guess Hampta will take a longer time but we want to compress it all in 5-6 days. Any suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated. And we do not want to join another professional group of trekkers as we like our own pace
Thank you for your kind words !

I will provide you with the comprehensive trek information I had collected. I have provided whatever details we had captured during our research. I know you have asked for very specific trek but I will leave that to your judgement based on your fitness, number of days, equipment, guides, and circumstances.

The treks have been classified as Difficult, Moderate and Easy based on my assessment of the trek. They may be different for different people. For your reference, I was 36 yrs, 76 kilos with a moderate pot belly

Difficult:
  1. Annapurna Base Camp - 14 days
  2. Chadar Trek - 8 days - 75 km
  3. Everest Base Camp - 14 days
  4. Goechala Trek - 11 days - 90km
  5. Kanchanjunga, Nepal - 20 days
  6. Makalu Base Camp, Nepal - 17 days
  7. Manaslu trek, Nepal - 20 days
  8. Pin Parvati Pass - 11 days - 110 kms
  9. Rupin Pass - 8 days - 52 kms
  10. Stok Kangri expedition - 8 days - 40 kms
  11. Upper Mustang - 14 days

Moderate:
  1. Bagini Glacier and Changbang Base Camp - 9 days - 43 kms
  2. Brahmatal Lake - 6 days - 22kms
  3. Deoriatal Chandrashila - 6days
  4. Gokyo, Nepal - 12 days
  5. Hampta Pass - 5 days - 26kms
  6. Kanamo peak - 7 days - 27kms
  7. Kashmir Great Lakes - 8 days - 72 kms
  8. Lang Tang, Nepal - 13 days
  9. Pangarchulla peak - 6 days - 34 kms
  10. Poonhill, Nepal - 7 days
  11. Roopkund - 8 days - 53 kms
  12. Sandakphu Phalut - 7 days
  13. Kuari Pass (Winter) - 6 days - 33 kms

Easy:
  1. Bhrigu Lake - 4 days - 26 km
  2. Binsar - 2 days - 22 kms
  3. Chopta Chandrashila - 6 days - 30 km
  4. Har ki doon - 7 days - 46 km
  5. Kedar Kantha trek - 6 days - 20 kms (Winter)
  6. Kedarnath - 6 days
  7. Prashar Lake - 2 days
  8. Talle valley - 6 days
  9. Tarsar Marsar - 7 days - 33 kms
  10. Thakur Top - 2 days

Need more info:
  1. Chaukhamba
  2. Gangotri - Yamunotri
  3. Kalpa
  4. Kinnaur
  5. Mukteshwar
  6. Munsiyari
  7. Nag Tibba
  8. Pangong Tso
  9. Spangmik
  10. Upper Dolpo, Nepal
  11. Valley of Flowers

Hope you find the information useful. The list has been collected based on secondary research (glorified word for google )
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 15:06   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
Thank you for your kind words !

I will provide you with the comprehensive trek information I had collected. I have provided whatever details we had captured during our research. I know you have asked for very specific trek but I will leave that to your judgement based on your fitness, number of days, equipment, guides, and circumstances.

The treks have been classified as Difficult, Moderate and Easy based on my assessment of the trek. They may be different for different people. For your reference, I was 36 yrs, 76 kilos with a moderate pot belly

Difficult:
  1. Annapurna Base Camp - 14 days
  2. Chadar Trek - 8 days - 75 km
  3. Everest Base Camp - 14 days
  4. Goechala Trek - 11 days - 90km
  5. Kanchanjunga, Nepal - 20 days
  6. Makalu Base Camp, Nepal - 17 days
  7. Manaslu trek, Nepal - 20 days
  8. Pin Parvati Pass - 11 days - 110 kms
  9. Rupin Pass - 8 days - 52 kms
  10. Stok Kangri expedition - 8 days - 40 kms
  11. Upper Mustang - 14 days

Moderate:
  1. Bagini Glacier and Changbang Base Camp - 9 days - 43 kms
  2. Brahmatal Lake - 6 days - 22kms
  3. Deoriatal Chandrashila - 6days
  4. Gokyo, Nepal - 12 days
  5. Hampta Pass - 5 days - 26kms
  6. Kanamo peak - 7 days - 27kms
  7. Kashmir Great Lakes - 8 days - 72 kms
  8. Lang Tang, Nepal - 13 days
  9. Pangarchulla peak - 6 days - 34 kms
  10. Poonhill, Nepal - 7 days
  11. Roopkund - 8 days - 53 kms
  12. Sandakphu Phalut - 7 days
  13. Kuari Pass (Winter) - 6 days - 33 kms

Easy:
  1. Bhrigu Lake - 4 days - 26 km
  2. Binsar - 2 days - 22 kms
  3. Chopta Chandrashila - 6 days - 30 km
  4. Har ki doon - 7 days - 46 km
  5. Kedar Kantha trek - 6 days - 20 kms (Winter)
  6. Kedarnath - 6 days
  7. Prashar Lake - 2 days
  8. Talle valley - 6 days
  9. Tarsar Marsar - 7 days - 33 kms
  10. Thakur Top - 2 days

Need more info:
  1. Chaukhamba
  2. Gangotri - Yamunotri
  3. Kalpa
  4. Kinnaur
  5. Mukteshwar
  6. Munsiyari
  7. Nag Tibba
  8. Pangong Tso
  9. Spangmik
  10. Upper Dolpo, Nepal
  11. Valley of Flowers

Hope you find the information useful. The list has been collected based on secondary research (glorified word for google )
Thanks maddy for the valuable info, I haven't been able to take that trek yet due to schedule conflicts but once it happens, I shall jot down my experience here. We will definitely pick one from the list you already have mentioned.
guyfawkes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 08:48   #24
BHPian

Wonderful write-up Maddy!
And congrats on successful completion of trek.
By the way, a doubt has been boggling me from quite some time whenever I see such pics of trekking. How do you get to mange the battery of mobile/camera during the trek? Will the trek agency provide back up power at tents?
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 14:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
How do you get to mange the battery of mobile/camera during the trek? Will the trek agency provide back up power at tents?
There is generally no network so we tend to leave the phones on flight mode. I got 4-5 days on flight mode with the only activity being clicking pictures.
A lot of people also carry large power banks 10-20K mAh which can charge your phone 3-4 times at least.
I carried a 10k power bank which still had some charge left after the 6th day.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 17:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
Thanks maddy for the valuable info, I haven't been able to take that trek yet due to schedule conflicts but once it happens, I shall jot down my experience here. We will definitely pick one from the list you already have mentioned.
No worries mate ! I am sure the autumn or a winter trek will have it own set of charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Wonderful write-up Maddy!
And congrats on successful completion of trek.
By the way, a doubt has been boggling me from quite some time whenever I see such pics of trekking. How do you get to mange the battery of mobile/camera during the trek? Will the trek agency provide back up power at tents?
Quote:
There is generally no network so we tend to leave the phones on flight mode. I got 4-5 days on flight mode with the only activity being clicking pictures.
A lot of people also carry large power banks 10-20K mAh which can charge your phone 3-4 times at least.
I carried a 10k power bank which still had some charge left after the 6th day.

No kind of power / battery is provided at the tent by the organizers. I too carried a power bank for the mobile phones. Switched them to flight mode as soon as we lost network to save battery. For the DSLR, I had a spare battery and carried that. However, the rains did not allow me to use even the first one completely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks