Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:53   #31
BHPian

Re: I went to Dubai

Hey I'm sorry I didn't see your message earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
I have planned ……... Will I have sufficient time for all three.
Ideally you should have enough time unless you go on a shopping spree and decide to visit every store in the mall. Personally for me, after about a couple of hours roaming the mall I got tired. So time it accordingly.

Quote:
..as it offers glass bottom boat ride also. May I know the reason why you are advising to skip it.
While the glass bottom ride gives you a birds eye view of the tank you will end up looking at everyone's shoes, (the boat is that narrow) in hindsight I would have rather paid for the crocodile or shark feeding session.

Quote:
My time slot for burj khalifa is 7 p.m. and travel agent has given the return pickup time as 9:30 p.m. I want to watch fountain show and laser show also. Are 2 hours 30 minutes sufficient
Going up and coming down take only a couple of minutes in total, the chunk of the time goes in waiting for the lift both ways and while you are up there it can be extremely crowded so the only time you spend there might be trying to find a good view spot. But don't sweat it! Go with an attitude that you will accomplish all you wish to see. You can also take a cab back in case you think the return pickup time is too early.

Quote:
If you don't mind, can you please share the camera settings...
Congrats on your new purchase! Your best guide is youtube tutorials, there are camera specific and some general tutorials. Look for long exposure tutorials. One tip though, you can use a lens hood or wrap the lens with a scarf so it sits flush with the glass (I realised this much later but you can get a bit of a reflection if the lens is not flush with the glass or you haven't covered the gap between the lens and the glass.)

By the way, the opinions above are my own and you and your parents might have a completely different view so Go have fun! Keeping an open mind and being a bit flexible goes a long way in making it stress free. Have a pleasant and safe trip and looking forward to your travelogue and pictures.

PS: The only real advice I have for you is wear your regular sneakers. I made the mistake of buying new footwear and had a horrible time walking around in them

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 23rd January 2019 at 18:57.
deepfreak15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:56   #32
BANNED

Re: I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!

An interesting & informative write-up about a popular tourist destination. At a personal level, I am attached to mountains, forests, lakes, rivers! And tho’ I too have heard about Dubai’s green transformation, it is not easy to forget that the desert is just over the horizon!

Your photos of the Aquarium and underwater zoo were riveting. A real pity that Ferrari World proved to be a damp squib.

Last edited by shashanka : 23rd January 2019 at 19:02.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
At a personal level, I am attached to mountains, forests, lakes, rivers.
Thank you for your kind words! I couldn't agree more. Dubai will always be a one time thing for me, though I can keep going back to the same beach or mountain.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd January 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Post fixed.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:30   #34
BHPian

Re: I went to Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Hey I'm sorry I didn't see your message earlier.
That's why I quoted your post this time, to get your attention.

Quote:
I would have rather paid for the crocodile or shark feeding session.
I took a look at those packs also, but they are too costly for me. I'll better go with base package, considering your advise regarding glass bottom boat.

Quote:
Congrats on your new purchase!
Thank you sir

Quote:
you can use a lens hood or wrap the lens with a scarf so it sits flush with the glass
I got two lenses with my nikon dslr, AF-P DX 18-55 mm and AF-P DX 70-300 mm. I'm trying to get lens hood for both of them, but not able to find the original nikon ones. They are not available on amazon and flipkart is selling one of them at price more than the Mrp. Local dealers here don't stock the original ones.

Quote:
PS: The only real advice I have for you is wear your regular sneakers. I made the mistake of buying new footwear and had a horrible time walking around in them
I'm going to purchase new sports shoes, because the old ones are giving me a horrible time here. I'll use them insanely in my morning walk before heading out to Dubai, so that they don't bite me during the trip.
Anindya_Anni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 08:42   #35
BHPian

Nice photologue
Brings back memories from my trip few years back.
My favourite past time was just to watch the cars on the road, eating the great street food there. Lambos, ferraris etc aside, my favourite car there is definitely the FJ cruiser, wow what presence ! And also the engine noise of the muscle cars stands out among the others. You can always tell when a mustang passes by, that warbling sound is pure music.
My dune bashing was done in a toyota sequoia. Huge car, very comfortable and the V8 just needs a small throttle imput to cross the tall dunes but not a stand out car.
I was there ( as a couple) for a week, no package.Got great deals in a 5star hotel. Used the metro extensively and saved a lot of money. We actually went just for one thing.Pic below
freefall..
Attached Thumbnails
I went to Dubai and came back gobsmacked!-img_20170914_154255_837.jpg  

pyrodrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 11:25   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
.......though I can keep going back to the same beach or mountain.
Well said indeed! There is something about mountains, forests & water bodies that speaks to the deeps in most of us. We've been addicted to Naukuchiatal for decades - my travelogue "Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd" tries to capture this enduring & continuing love-affair.

Mods, if this seriously OT, please delete it

Last edited by shashanka : 26th January 2019 at 11:26.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 15:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
...We actually went just for one thing.Pic below
freefall..
Thanks! That looks spectacular!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks