Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Drive to the Thar desert : 1340 km, 2 days, Honda BR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
(Stuck in the sand and getting pulled out by Bolero)
Did you get stuck in this much sand on the road or did you attempt to take the car off road when this happened?
Old 20th November 2018, 14:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Did you get stuck in this much sand on the road or did you attempt to take the car off road when this happened?

Hi Varun,

At many points huge pile of sand was accumulated on the road. We encountered one such huge pile of sand on road and decided to stop and wait for the locals to pass to understand how they are moving ahead. After 10-15 minutes couple of vehicles going in our direction also stopped seeing us and waited for other vehicles to pass. After a while we saw couple of local vehicles taking an alternate track just next to the road in order to cross the point. There were 3 cars waiting to cross including ours, while trying to go through the alternate track all 1 car who was in the front could make it through the track, rest 2 cars got stuck.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
At many points huge pile of sand was accumulated on the road. We encountered one such huge pile of sand on road...
...we saw couple of local vehicles taking an alternate track just next to the road in order to cross the point.
Thanks mate. I thought i could see the black tarred road in the background and your car off it.

I am also considering including Munabao in the itinerary, so the question. The good part is that I will likely have a 4x4 XUV 5OO joining the trip, so will have some support in case things get out of hand.

Also, considering getting a shovel and some recovery tracks just in case, however, yet to figure out where to buy them.
Old 21st November 2018, 14:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Thanks mate. I thought i could see the black tarred road in the background and your car off it.

I am also considering including Munabao in the itinerary, so the question. The good part is that I will likely have a 4x4 XUV 5OO joining the trip, so will have some support in case things get out of hand.

Also, considering getting a shovel and some recovery tracks just in case, however, yet to figure out where to buy them.
You will encounter this problem only if you are going via Sam village. From the Barmer side this problem doesn't occur. Any how carrying a shovel and ropes/Sling is a good option. You may also check on the anchorage point of the car on the front & rear side for better preparedness. Having a 4X4 XUV 500 would certainly be helpful as it is again a Mahindra made car.

All the Best!!!! Hope this travelogue has been useful to you.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks