Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2019, 15:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
Thanks for sharing! Just when I was thinking of planning a ride to Bhutan this thread popped up and cleared all my doubts.

Thank you once again!
Thanks Oranger.
It will be an amazing ride to Bhutan. During my drive, I saw various motorbikes from different states of India, including KL and KA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Thanks for information Prasanna. Just an extension to my earlier question, can we get this add-on over the existing policy or can it be taken only while we are going for renewal?
Hey coolmind, This cover can be added on the existing policy.
However, I opted for this add-on during renewal as my insurance policy was due for renewal just before the trip.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 18:22   #32
BHPian

Re: HexLogs - Drive from Bangalore to Bhutan in a Tata Hexa

Great Travelogue Prasanna,
Your patience and meticulous planning are amazing!
I was contemplating getting a Hexa vs Buzzard. The latter was edgng lately on looks section and the harrier reviews. But your experience over such a long drive has put Hexa right back in contention. Sounds like the best vehicle for relaxing road trips around our part of the world!
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 11:09   #33
BHPian

Thank you so much for this thread, Prasanna! And kudos to you and your family for pulling off this huge and amazing road trip!

I do realise that while everything looks rosy when we look back at it, but I'm sure there must have been moments of frustration, especially while dealing with callous bureaucracy. It is at times like these that the support of your family must have been invaluable to remain calm and enjoy the trip.

And the trusty Hexa has been admirably composed all throughout, which is a blessing.

I'm sure this will be the go-to thread for many Bhutan road trips, what with the detailed instructions and feedback you have given. Many thanks once again, and wish you more such trips!

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 13:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
Great Travelogue Prasanna,
But your experience over such a long drive has put Hexa right back in contention. Sounds like the best vehicle for relaxing road trips around our part of the world!
Thanks ram1kv. Hexa fits all my requirements brilliantly. I have done Bangalore- Pench, Bangalore - Ratnagiri-Goa-Mangalore-Bangalore, Bangalore - Panaji - Mangalore-Bangalore and many Bangalore-Mangalore-Bangalore trips in addition to Bangalore-Bhutan-Bangalore trip. Hexa has been comfortable and reliable. At 40k now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Thank you so much for this thread, Prasanna! And kudos to you and your family for pulling off this huge and amazing road trip!
S
Thanks roadie_swift. Joy of road-trip overruled agonies of bureaucracy. As a family, this was an enjoyable experience which we would like to repeat now and then.

However, experience with government offices / officials in Bhutan is nothing major to write home about.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 08:29   #35
BHPian

That was a great travelogue. Thank you for sharing.

You have provided very detailed instructions on the process of obtaining the entry permit/visa and the road permit. I am sure it will be useful to many people who are planning such a trip.

But, it seems like such a hassle running from one desk to another to get an entry for the travellers and their vehicle. Isn't there an easier way?. I suppose it would be an easier process flying in.

The photos and vista are truly amazing, and it is good to know that the Hexa performed flawlessly. It looks good as well.

Keep traveling and posting.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 10:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That was a great travelogue. Thank you for sharing.

But, it seems like such a hassle running from one desk to another to get an entry for the travellers and their vehicle. Isn't there an easier way?. I suppose it would be an easier process flying in.
Thanks alphadog.
It is a hassle to deal with government offices / officials in Bhutan. May be only few are exception.
I think, process remains the same at the airport but faster.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:47   #37
BHPian

Hi Prasanna, awesome travelogue with great pics and lots of information for people like me who are planning to visit this beautiful country in the near future. Could you please share the break up of costs, like Fuel, Stay, Tolls etc. Thanks for sharing.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 18:53   #38
GwD
BHPian

Excellent diary of your travels. Loved reading it slowly and carefully and reliving my drive trip to Bhutan ages ago. Keep sharing your journeys.

Wish you all the best.
GwD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 23:06   #39
BHPian

Beautiful blog. Hope to do this route very soon from Hyderabad. The blog was very informative. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Prasanna, awesome travelogue with great pics and lots of information for people like me who are planning to visit this beautiful country in the near future. Could you please share the break up of costs, like Fuel, Stay, Tolls etc. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Sami316. Below is high level break up of cost :
  1. Fuel - 40K
  2. Stay - ~ 55k (17 nights, including 2 5* stays in Kolkata )
  3. Food - ~15k ( I carried stove , rice cooker, rice , daal and ready to eat. Purchased vegetables wherever possible)
  4. Tolls - ~5K (all Fastag)
  5. Shopping ! - ~20K
  6. Prep - ~ 30K
  7. Misc - ~ 15K (Entry fees, vehicle entry, insurance, taxi / auto etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwD View Post
Excellent diary of your travels. Loved reading it slowly and carefully and reliving my drive trip to Bhutan ages ago. Keep sharing your journeys.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks GwD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Beautiful blog. Hope to do this route very soon from Hyderabad. The blog was very informative. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
Thank ARAY. All the best with your trip.

Uploaded a novice video of the trip :

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd May 2019 at 13:29. Reason: back to back posts merged
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 14:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Thanks ram1kv. Hexa fits all my requirements brilliantly. I have done Bangalore- Pench, Bangalore - Ratnagiri-Goa-Mangalore-Bangalore, Bangalore - Panaji - Mangalore-Bangalore and many Bangalore-Mangalore-Bangalore trips in addition to Bangalore-Bhutan-Bangalore trip. Hexa has been comfortable and reliable. At 40k now.
Hi Prasanna,
Just wanted to drop a word as I was referring to your travelogue again for inspiration. We have finally bought a Hexa XTA (2018 model) and are planning our first road trip to Kollur via Hassan Sringeri and Agumbe and returning via Bhadra Wild Life sanctuary over 4days.
The vehicle has done 2,700km only and has recently been serviced (12 months/20000km). I'm getting a compressor and a dashcam. Got a jump cable already procured.I'm getting a compressor and a dash cam as you had mentioned. Got a jump cable already procured.
Anything particular I need to be aware of before setting off.
Thanking you in advance,
Kind Regards
Ram
ram1kv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 17:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
Hi Prasanna,
Just wanted to drop a word as I was referring to your travelogue again for inspiration. We have finally bought a Hexa XTA (2018 model) and are planning our first road trip to Kollur via Hassan Sringeri and Agumbe and returning via Bhadra Wild Life sanctuary over 4days.
The vehicle has done 2,700km only and has recently been serviced (12 months/20000km). I'm getting a compressor and a dashcam. Got a jump cable already procured.I'm getting a compressor and a dash cam as you had mentioned. Got a jump cable already procured.
Anything particular I need to be aware of before setting off.
Thanking you in advance,
Kind Regards
Ram
Hi ram1kv, sorry for delayed response. You have made a good choice.
For traveling to Aagumbe and surrounding areas, the accessories you have mentioned are more than enough.

I keep these following accessories in the car always : compressor, jump start cable, seat belt cutter / hammer, pressure gauge, a whistle and a Stanley multi tool. If you are running on 19 inchers, i would suggest to buy a TPMS.

I have changed the tyres to Michelin LTX Force 235/70/R16 from original 19 inchers as the MRFs covered decent 44k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks