Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 14:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Introducing Baby Ishaan, the Road Trip way! To Bhutan in a Tata Safari

Wow...I am sure Ishaan enjoyed the trip...

You have the courage bro !!
Uprasenjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Throwback October 2011, a newly married couple decided to explore the land of kings to commemorate their honeymoon. Naïve and inexperienced they were, the best option for them was to look for a tour operator for convenience. Thus, started their journey to the royal kingdom of Bhutan. They were smitten by the picturesque locations, simplicity of the locals and most importantly the buttery smooth roads. While returning back, they had secretly promised to come back again and re explore the place ‘on wheels’.

2018 November, the couple has matured over time, gained considerable experience in taming the paved as well as unpaved roads. Having successfully completed couple of road trips in the last few years, this time they were in a fix to zero down upon the venue and why not, this was the maiden road trip of their new born prince Ishaan.
Wow... this is like right out of my thoughts... kind of what I was looking for... Some similarities on here too. We have a newborn at home and also a Safari (Storme) aka beast. I have been wanting to do a road trip to Bhutan since last 2 years.

This post has everything that I needed to know for the Bhutan trip with a newborn. Thanks a ton for posting this!

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 18:28   #18
BHPian

Wow, amazing & very informative T-logue. Beautiful pictures & very well constructed log with all possible details one needs to visit this paradise.

With couple of high mountain passes already under his belt; I’m sure little roadster Ishaan will surely travel roads less traveled.

I’ve been on multiple roadtrips ranging from 500 to 3000 kms with my daughter who is 7 now accompanying us on almost all of them; 1 consistent pattern I’ve observed is that kids adapt better than adults & this is irrespective of terrain.

Had planned to do Bhutan last year but did not materialize due to multiple factors, keeping my fingers crossed as want to do this really soon.
yogeshsom29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 19:40   #19
GwD
BHPian

Extremely well described travelog. Your photos and maps complement your words beautifully.

I found your log specially helpful as a drive to Binnaguri is on the cards and I was wondering about the stretch from Ghoshpukur to Oodlabari. I plan to bypass Siliguri and go via Fulbari and Gajoldoba, which I have never tried before. And, I plan to avoid Dalkhola and prefer the Botolbari--Dhantola route. Thanks a lot for your inputs.
GwD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 20:07   #20
BHPian

Enjoyed reading the T'log. With an infant, bless you!

Reminded me of my visit to Bhutan earlier this year (April 2018). My experience at the emigrations was not encouraging as officials refused to accept an invitation letter written by my friend, a citizen of Bhutan, with whom I was to stay. Once they were put in touch then things evened out.

The driving manners are impeccable - no horns, priority to pedestrians. People friendly and polite.

It is a land yet untouched by crass commercialization; thankfully and I hope it remains so. Schools are fantastic with state sponsored education. Health care too is state sponsored. Visited their Hospital in the center of Thimpu. I was very impressed by their service delivery.

Visited Thimpu, Paro and Punakha.

Would love to upload some memorable photographs. Will study the methodology one of these days.

Enjoy the drives....
dgoyle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 07:28   #21
BHPian

Nice travelogue sir and highly informative too. Hoping to have enough guidance and motivation from here to undertake a trip to Bhutan from my hometown Varanasi. I think an SUV like Safari makes such trips so much easier.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

@lovecars21 : A very well written travelogue, all the required details, experiences and feed backs. All backed by the right amount of photos.

Your little boy will grow up to be a well rounded traveler if you keep this up. My elder one is one as such. She has her first road trip, in an Alto, at the age of 45 days, though the distance was a mere 400 kms. After the initial confusions, she settled down well and have not had any issues in long travels.

5* rated.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 19:34   #23
BHPian

Wow! This travelogue is such a wealth of information. Glad that little Ishaan has comfortably completed his first road trip.
Old 20th December 2018, 10:38   #24
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience
I just love the look of your stock Safari Dicor. Hoping to see many more travelogues from you in the future.
Old 20th December 2018, 21:18   #25
BHPian

Congratulations to Ishaan and his parents! Great travelogue as usual, engaging write up and beautiful pictures. Bhutan has been eluding us for long. However, the travelogues are getting better, so I assume the country is getting more beautiful as well.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 13:49   #26
BHPian

Excellent travelogue with superb pics and details to the minute extent.
Being a father of 1.5 year of kid, I know how adventurous it will be to carry a 2.5 month old kid to make him experience the hair pin bends, breezy winds with snow fall with average temperatures of ~5 deg C.
Hats off to you and your family for the support in successful completion of the trip.
Old 25th December 2018, 22:09   #27
BHPian

Great travelogue, one of a kind. strong message, difficulty is just a mindset, make hay when the sun shines.

Junior is very cute, he is born with a safari, wish he becomes a great traveller after all he has done 4 thousanders at 2.5 months. One question, do babies so young also suffer from altitude sickness, did you take any precaution ?

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 25th December 2018 at 22:10.
Old 27th December 2018, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Great travelogue, one of a kind. strong message, difficulty is just a mindset, make hay when the sun shines.

Junior is very cute, he is born with a safari, wish he becomes a great traveller after all he has done 4 thousanders at 2.5 months. One question, do babies so young also suffer from altitude sickness, did you take any precaution ?
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has read and liked my Travelogue .
Yes, they can suffer from Altitude Sickness but for that you need to consider the altitude of the place you are travelling to and whether that place is barren or full of greenery. Bhutan was our choice considering minimum pollution levels and the places were we visited had ample greenery.
Old 7th January 2019, 16:55   #29
BHPian

Good to see like minded parents who do not hesitate to take an infant on Road Trips !! Baby Ishan will grow up to be a fine lad thanks to the exposures that you guys are willing to introduce him to from such an early age.

What a crisp travelogue indeed with some fantastic snap ! Rated it a Well Deserved 5* as it made me relive my Bhutan Trip Memories with my kids; Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...er-dragon.html (Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon)

God Bless you all !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks