Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2019, 14:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forts, Birds and Tigers : A 4500 km 18 day road-trip to Rajasthan

Wonderful photographs. It was great to see that you spotted this much birds and even tiger. Thanks for sharing these amazing photographs with us.

By the way, can you share the exact name of Classic Car museum in Udaipur?
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 14:46   #17
BHPian

First of all, apologies for replying late to all the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
That is such a wonderful and wholesome trip (and treat!) - historical sights, traditional arts, water body, hills, great birds and wildlife...I'd assume great food too! Loved all the photos, particularly the "meditating" langur!

Rajasthan has been our bucket list for a while now.
Thanks Miyata ! Yes, it was truly an exceptional trip. Although a few learnings for us - need to learn about slow travelling. This road trip had a lot of driving and a bit less of staying and looking. So the upcoming trip will try to reverse that ! Do let me know if you have any queries regarding our trip to help you plan yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Beautiful log, has a mix of every thing, travel, automobiles, archaeology, arts, wildlife, birding etc., decorated with stunning photographs and crisp narration. Absolutely loved reading.

The best part for me was "we need to talk"...
Thank you Thermodynamics ! Glad you liked the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations on your excellent photographs of the birds and the tiger. You know a thing or two about bird recognition. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you sir ! Well, it helps that my wife and son do the recognition much better than me, particularly my son who has taken the lead. He has practically memorized the Salim Ali book on birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Wonderful and mesmerizing images of the wildlife. May I know what camera gears you have used in the whole trip.
Thanks ottocycle. Well, it was the man behind the camera this time . Jokes apart, I have a Canon 6D2 camera and I had rented the Sigma 150-600 F5.0-6.3 Sports for this particular trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I strongly believe that the best way to experience Rajasthan is via road and if self driven, even better. The amazing road connectivity and quality that the state offers goes a long way in exploring and enjoying this incredible state.
Every time i read about a Rajasthan travelogue I am taken back to all those wonderful times I have had criss crossing this state.
Coming to Ranthambore, it is one of the most beautiful , right out of a story book natural reserve and should be a must do on any one who enjoys being with nature.
Enjoyable read!!

Thanks bigron ! absolutely agree with you there. Just one more addition to the Ranthambore info (for others perhaps) - zones 1 to 5 are the old jungle zones whereas 6-10 are newer. If you ask me, zones 1-5 give you the feel of being inside a jungle. There is hope of sighting a bird or a mammal. However, the other 5 are even devoid of birds and other mammals which make the safari rather boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Wow.. so many pictures of birds, feels like you have seen most of the birds in this trip itself. Awesome clicks and thanks for sharing

Thanks informmaha ! Well, we sighted almost 20 'new' birds this time, so yes it was quite an amazing experience, especially Bharatpur which deserves so much more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Wonderful photographs. It was great to see that you spotted this much birds and even tiger. Thanks for sharing these amazing photographs with us.

By the way, can you share the exact name of Classic Car museum in Udaipur?
Thanks SJM1214 ! I believe its called Vintage car museum or something like that. Every autorickshaw driver will know the location. Even google will take you to the right place.
Maddy3008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 21:52   #18
BHPian

Awesome, if I ever go to rajasthan in my own car, your post will be the first reference guide.

And a special thanks for the awesome photos. You nailed the click with the snaps of tiger.
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 10:27   #19
BHPian

That was an amazing post Maddy3008.

That is one superb combination- Rajasthan, road trip, nature and culture.

Thank you for posting some amazing pictures, loved the shots of the Tigers and the birds and in the process learnt the names of a few new birds.
Hopefully, I can do something along these lines in the near future.

Keep traveling and posting.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 11:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
Awesome, if I ever go to rajasthan in my own car, your post will be the first reference guide.

And a special thanks for the awesome photos. You nailed the click with the snaps of tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That was an amazing post Maddy3008.

That is one superb combination- Rajasthan, road trip, nature and culture.

Thank you for posting some amazing pictures, loved the shots of the Tigers and the birds and in the process learnt the names of a few new birds.
Hopefully, I can do something along these lines in the near future.

Keep traveling and posting.

Cheerio!
Thanks guys ! Glad you liked the TL. I have reached a conclusion that wildlife photography is the most expensive hobby for common men like us
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 11:33   #21
Team-BHP Support

Lovely travelogue! That's quite a feat, covering all the places that you have, each fairly different from the rest: you've got palaces, nature, sand dunes and even wild life! Bet the kids are stoked spotting the tiger.

We've been to all these places, but through multiple road-trips, through several years. Hats off to all the travelers on such a comprehensive trip!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 15:37   #22
BHPian

That was a real afternoon treat reading the whole post in one go ! Very nice coverage of the entire trip and excellent photos to go with it.

We have been planning a trip to Rajasthan and this will be very helpful. How did the TUV fare on your journey ?

Thanks for sharing !
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 09:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Lovely travelogue! That's quite a feat, covering all the places that you have, each fairly different from the rest: you've got palaces, nature, sand dunes and even wild life! Bet the kids are stoked spotting the tiger.

We've been to all these places, but through multiple road-trips, through several years. Hats off to all the travelers on such a comprehensive trip!
Thanks ! Yes it was quite a hectic trip. We were most worried about my 5 year old niece. My son is now a trained roadie

Luck favoured us, and she found some interesting places within the TUV to do some masti - like the top of the heap of bags in the last seat or sitting on the floor of the second row of seats, etc. !! As a result, we could pull off the 500 km single day drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
That was a real afternoon treat reading the whole post in one go ! Very nice coverage of the entire trip and excellent photos to go with it.

We have been planning a trip to Rajasthan and this will be very helpful. How did the TUV fare on your journey ?

Thanks for sharing !
Thanks luvDriving. TUV is an excellent vehicle if your demands are as follows:
  • Ladder on frame chassis - robust, abuse friendly, high ground clearance for taking on the unexpected
  • Diesel with a mix of frugality and some spirited driving between speeds of 40-80
  • Lot of luggage carrying capacity (esp with the roof mounted carrier)
  • Mahindra brand - recognized all over India, and all mechanics know how to fix one (courtsey: Bolero)
  • Spacious and tall, but low footprint - looks like a big SUV, but is just 3999mm

TUV performed flawlessly, and provided I kept the 1-minute idling rule in mind especially before the start of the day, there was not even a second thought in my mind about its capability to take us places. I noticed that you are from Pune. Let me know if you would like to checkout my 'neighbour's envy owner's pride' in person !
Old 15th August 2019, 12:01   #24

Excellent travel account and photographs.
Thanks
ashish1965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 16:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish1965 View Post
Excellent travel account and photographs.
Thanks
Thanks mate ! Welcome to Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks