Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 21:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo: Road-trip to Bhubaneswar, Gopalpur, Chilika & Puri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
No shark-fin antenna for any model yet
Yep, just checked. The shark fin antenna is available as an optional extra. Quite strange on Mahindra's part.
They should've provided it on all variants variants including the base to drive home the point that it's a "shark inspired" vehicle.
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 21:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Sir, you are the grand patriarchs in TBHP, when it comes to things those fly. But, what I heard in my childhood, it is a Beechcraft owned by erstwhile Kalinga Airlines under Biju Patnaik. It is just hearsay, you might throw some more light on this.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. You are correct. I compared the port side cockpit windows and indeed it is a Beechcraft. Probably a Model 18. The two are almost identical looking aircraft but still I can't forgive myself. Time to do some penance and sharpen that greying brain.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 08:41   #18

First of all congrats on your new Marazzo. Beautifully written travelogue. The moment I read in your first post about the maps used and how you would be detailing about the detours, I understood it's gone be an exhaustive one and would act a good reference material.

The pics are great. It brought me a smile on seeing the kids enjoying with their grandparents.

Wishing you more of such enjoyable family trips.
mguliani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 10:18   #19
BHPian

Well congrats on your new ride and what a pleasant way to start , for I am sure many more such memorable rides are being planned in the future.

I was lucky to stay in Mayfair Bhubaneshwar on an official trip and felt it was one of the best hotels in that region, in terms of facilities and food. I also believe it's the only hotel in India which sports an aircraft within it's premises.

Looks like Gopalpur beach is better than the Puri beach. Definitely would love to drive down from Chennai.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks