Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:22   #1
BHPian

me My family and a Lancer on the road this weekend

This friday early morning we left to Kasauli, got the car filled up in GK1 reset the tach to 0 and off we went, 170 Kms & 1 hr 45 mins later on a divided highway we were at karna lake (karnal) stopped for a nice english breakfast. 45 Mins later we were off again the road was amazing till ambala and then it turned into a single lane highway.... :( after a gruelling 145 Kms and 2 hrs 30 mins we were at the gas station at Parwanoo ... fuelled up again ... .305 Kms 19.1 Liters ....16 KMPL hmm pretty good average considering that for 145 KMS we were driving pretty slow and constantly braking, had 4 adults in the car and a completely packed boot. From parwanoo we went to kasauli and checked in at Baikunth resorts. the website does no justice to the place we checked into 2 adjoining deluxe cottages, the place is well maintained in the middle of nowhere surrounded by pine and fir trees the room was nice and spacious with flat screen tv;s and a fireplace and heater (the fireplace if burnt costs 300 Rs).... the staff was friendly and courteous. the cottages had huge balcony;s all in all the place is 100 times better than depected on the site .... and totally worth every penny / paisa spent. I wish i could just live there but alas i had to come back, well back to the real thing .. so after checking it slept in a hammock for a couple of hrs in the sunshine had a few beers went played pool at the resort then went back to the room lit the fireplace had a few vodka's before heading to the glass bar .... had a few more beers had dinner off to bed
day two woke up at 9 am sat outside for a whle went for breakfast where my brother and I started reminiscing about out chilhood in shimla. suddenly at 10:30 am over breakfast all 4 of us decided to go to shimla for the day, finished breakfast , went back to the cottage showered got ready and left baikunth for shimla at 12 noon .. 2 hours later on wininding hilly roads on a clear sunny day we were at the mall in shimla, walking arund remembering our childhoods wehn we used to go to shimla every summer for 2 months. I hadnt been to shimla in 10-12 years, had a nice lunch at the Combermere hotel and at 5 Pm off to baikunth again, 7:15 Pm back at the cottage lighting the fire place drinking eating goes on till 12:30, sleep
next day leave kasauli at 11 am for delhi ....

one of my observations on this trip about all the scorpio drivers encountered on this trip
All scorpios encountered this weekend thought

I own the road
I can Drive as i wish
I dont need to move out of the way of oncoming cars that are driving in their lanes
I can change lanes as and when i wish without seeing if i will hot another car
I can drive in the center of 2 lanes at 50 KMPH and dont need to move out even if the car behind me is honking and i have plenty of space
i can cut in as i wish
when i see a fast car approaching I need to break and slow the car down
On the curvy hills of NH 22 i can go 80 KMPH and then suddenly break( damnit why break just go straight off the cliff)
At night on the hills i can drive with the high beams on or the lights completely switched off
I can over take on hilly road around a bling curve even when the car infornt shows a hand saying dont .. and once i overtake i see a hughe truck and i cut back into my lane almost running the other car into the hill

I think stupidity and a moronic arrogant attitude came free with all the scorpios encountered this weekend. I wish i had the safari this weekend i would have taught the damn idiots a lesson

All in all a perfect weekend getaway ... ..... will post pics soon

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 22nd January 2007 at 14:31.
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
fuelled up again ... .305 Kms 19.1 Liters ....16 KMPL hmm pretty good
170 + 145 = 315 (u mentioned 305???)

BTW, This place was meant for a nice travelogue and not for accussing Scorpio drivers. You could have written it better.

Abhi
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:37   #3
BHPian

oops my mistake adding ... so it was 315 Kms at 19.1 liters == 16.49 KMPL

and i was pissed with the scoprios this weekend especially on my way back,,,
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:02   #4
BHPian

Is there snow in Shimla currently? Or anywhere else in the vicinity? Secondly do you have the contact details of Barog Heights or any other good hotels in the vicinity?Which hotel would you recommend as the best in Shimla/Kasauli/Barog?
Old 22nd January 2007, 17:05   #5
BHPian

Is there snow currently in Shimla or anywhere in the vicinity?Which are the best hotels in the Kasauli/Barog area?
Old 23rd January 2007, 12:05   #6
BHPian

Kasauli would be baikunth resorts(++++ Welcome to Baikunth Resort ++++) ... shimla is 2 hrs away .... in shimla try the Combermere ... in tjhe middle of the malll no snow
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhap View Post
Which are the best hotels in the Kasauli/Barog area?
Well Himachal Tourism runs Hotel Ros Common in Kasauli........supposed to be a really nice place, planning to stay there when we go in March
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
I wish i had the safari this weekend i would have taught the damn idiots a lesson

Last edited by suman : 23rd January 2007 at 13:33.
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:34   #8
BHPian

Good to read that travelogue....gr8 going big bro
As for Scorpios...I agree with you...neither do i like the CAR nor the KIDS behind the wheel!!! Is it just me or does Mahindra builds some unwanted arrogance into the car?
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well Himachal Tourism runs Hotel Ros Common in Kasauli........supposed to be a really nice place, planning to stay there when we go in March
How much is the room at ross commons

this one was a package for a deluxe cottage at 8990 inclusive of bfast and dinner for 2 nights 3 days over the weekend ..... you must go check this place out so relaxing away from the hustle bustle great bar good food amazing views .. have fun in the safari
make sure you take the c'garh bypass

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 23rd January 2007 at 14:42.
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Good to read that travelogue....gr8 going big bro
As for Scorpios...I agree with you...neither do i like the CAR nor the KIDS behind the wheel!!! Is it just me or does Mahindra builds some unwanted arrogance into the car?

well my bro flung an open 2 litre bottle of pepsi on one of the scorpio's windsheld when we passed.. the guy wouldnt move driving at 60 in the middle of the higway blocking both lanes and the road ahead of him was empty for as far as the eyes could see........... all these guys we encountered belog to the town in punjab called DUFFARPUR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks