Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2019, 22:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Ride to Mangalore on my Bajaj Chetak to fetch a Bajaj Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

Just after the toll booth. Installed this thing that helps cruise without giving pain in the wrist. Much later I realized I had installed it incorrectly , but never mind, it still did the job. Was super helpful and couldn't imagine how the ride would have been without it. It literally was like cruise control.
Awesome ride report Karthik!

Isnt the cramp buster a lifesaver? I have had these poor man's cruise control for years! Glad you figured out you had installed it incorrectly.

I am amazed at the passion you have for Bajaj scoots. I remember the days when we had a wait list for Chetak, and was delivered first to people paying for it in US Dollars. Because dad did not want to wait, he got the Bajaj Super, on which I learnt to ride as a tween.
Old 8th May 2019, 20:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

This is nostalgia!
1984 Bajaj Super- The first ever Bajaj Scooter I sat on.(cream colour). No photo of this however
1989 Bajaj Super- Fond memories of this as a boy growing up. CMM series registration.
1997 Bajaj Classic-The first Geared vehicle I learnt to ride.
2000 Bajaj Bravo- My first accident!! This was my friend's scooter and he was famous for doing wheelies and during one such stunt, I fell down from the rear seat! These rear heavy scooters were so eager to do wheelies.

I had done couple of Bellary-Hampi rides on the Classic, have done Multiple Mysore-Gopalswamy Betta rides on the Bravo. Those were some days! The only negative for me was the back pain. Single seat scooters were more painful than the split seats with spring.The current Vespa VX is so much more comfortable by that standard. However when i rode the Vespa to Kerala (400kms one way) my back was crying for half a day. Considering that, it's amazing how you completed this 700kms journey in 2 days. Amazing

Bajaj legend felt more powerful and the sound felt modern compared to scooters of that time. Wish the scooter a happy restoration!
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:58   #33
BHPian

I saw your restoration project and decided to wake my scooter from deep sleep of over a decade. Now, I am inspired to ride it again. When I read about the Nandi Hills ride, I was feeling that you were taking it to Himalaya... This is even more exciting. It feels awesome to rewind into the technology. Thank you for an awesome thread
RenuKumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks