Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 11:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Kollam to Khardung La - A journey in monochrome

You didn't just get Leh'd, you got India'd, travelling from the southernmost regions to the northern most. Epic journey

Monochrome brings a different beauty to the photos, although I still think places like Pangong tso are more beautiful in colour.

How did you get all your permits done? Also did the car give any trouble while starting in the morning?
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very nice travelogue, with a unique treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Day 6

Broke out for lunch at Ludhiana in Haveli. It came in as a surprise and truly enjoyed the food and the ambience.
Attachment 1855112
Pretty sure you broke for lunch in Jalandhar, not Ludhiana.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:34   #18
BHPian

Indeed an epic drive from the southern end to the northern post point of the country & the monochrome photography certainly gives a new perspective of the place.

Great captures & good narration, thanks for sharing
yogeshsom29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 14:03   #19
BHPian

@majumon, @knrn, @srikanthpotluri, @SJM1214, @superbad, @rrsteer, yogeshsom29

Thank you for reading and your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Hey mate thoroughly enjoyed your journey of life. Once we start reading the post of the hills there is no stopping. Wishing you many more such journeys which keep pushing us towards the Himalayas.

Hope your health is all good, was it momentary loss of oxygen levels due to height.
Mighty Himalayas continues to amaze us and the call of mountains is so irresistible that I always long for another sojourn.

Health is good. Thanks for asking. I'm not sure how it happened. But was feeling better after given oxygen. It could be a cumulative effect of previous day's travel, early morning start, sleeping less etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
A very interesting write up. The best thing about travelogues and a nice travelogue is to let the well interspersed pictures help in creating an imagery in the reader's mind and that is why one can't help stop reading it.
Had fun going through it.
Your Scorpio is serving you well
Scorpio so far is serving well. Touch wood. Being an automatic, it had its own share of troubles in previous years. Thankfully, it didn't give any troubles in the entire journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Congratulations on the trip, its awesome to see the mono pictures and I just re-lived our entire trip which we did in July last year.

I had momentary loss of oxygen during our drive towards Hanle from Pangong Tso, infact it lasted about 2 minutes as I got out of the car to take some pictures and Nat was listening to songs he didnt notice, from the time I dragged myself back to car and Nat trying to figure out whats the problem I felt I was almost done , thankfully the only 500ml Oxy cylinder helped me.

Hope you are fine now and enjoying the moments.
I'd recommend those who are driving for the first time to carry an oxygen cylinder for emergencies. I remember the previous day of our return we were joking about carrying an oxygen cylinder all the way from home and not having to use it. And the next day it served in emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I never miss any Travelogue on the Ladakh region. These monochromes are amazing. It was great to see Ladakh region from a different point of view.

Thanks for this travelogue with amazing photographs.
Off late, I'm shooting mostly in monochrome for a change. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
You didn't just get Leh'd, you got India'd, travelling from the southernmost regions to the northern most. Epic journey

Monochrome brings a different beauty to the photos, although I still think places like Pangong tso are more beautiful in colour.

How did you get all your permits done? Also did the car give any trouble while starting in the morning?
Blue Pangong Tso and its beauty is unique and unequaled. I just wanted to stick to the theme.

On the next day of arrival at Leh, marked for rest and acclimatisation, HVK Sir had arranged with the Hotel's owner to send someone to obtain permits on our behalf. So we didn't have to run around for the permits.

We did the trip in early June. Car didn't have any trouble starting in the morning. Although it was not freezing, we took precautions of parking the car overnight against a wall or building so as to keep the engine bay away from cold wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Very nice travelogue, with a unique treatment.

Pretty sure you broke for lunch in Jalandhar, not Ludhiana.
Thank you rrsteer for pointing out. It seems I made a wrong entry in the log book and did not cross verify. Could be because we drove past Ludhiana and Jalandhar was still several kms away. So unknowingly marked it as Ludhiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshsom29 View Post
Indeed an epic drive from the southern end to the northern post point of the country & the monochrome photography certainly gives a new perspective of the place.

Great captures & good narration, thanks for sharing
Thank you.
Dhar's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 01:14   #20
BHPian

What a beautiful collection of black and white photographs! Thank you for highlighting a side of photography seldom seen. Absolutely lovely perspectives
mrpitt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 15:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful crispy travelogue with amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. Deserves a 5 start -
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 14:11   #22
BHPian

This is one of the travelogues that can be read again and again and again over coffee. Thank you for sharing your journey - very inspiring indeed
Ikonification is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 15:28   #23
BHPian

Great travelogue in monochrome standing out.
I would love to see them in colors as well.
By the way any specific reason travelling all along Pune, Rajasthan, etc? You might have gone via Hyderabad as well. I remember a travelogue from Chennai to Leh doing so.
Keep munching more miles.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 23:06   #24
BHPian

Fabulous Travelogue. Loved your monochrome photos to the core. I personally am a fan of monochrome images. I re-work all of my memorable photos to monochrome. IMO, they add a different untold dimension to the photos/memories. All your images speak for themselves. No words needed.

Not hijacking your thread, but I am attaching one my memorable photos taken last year at Garage Cafe, Goa. We rode all the way from Coimbatore for Rider Mania 2018.

Kollam to Khardung La - A journey in monochrome-cp_6124-copy.jpg
TangoSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 00:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitt View Post
What a beautiful collection of black and white photographs! Thank you for highlighting a side of photography seldom seen. Absolutely lovely perspectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Wonderful crispy travelogue with amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. Deserves a 5 start -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonification View Post
This is one of the travelogues that can be read again and again and again over coffee. Thank you for sharing your journey - very inspiring indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Great travelogue in monochrome standing out.
I would love to see them in colors as well.
By the way any specific reason travelling all along Pune, Rajasthan, etc? You might have gone via Hyderabad as well. I remember a travelogue from Chennai to Leh doing so.
Keep munching more miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoSierra View Post
Fabulous Travelogue. Loved your monochrome photos to the core. I personally am a fan of monochrome images. I re-work all of my memorable photos to monochrome. IMO, they add a different untold dimension to the photos/memories. All your images speak for themselves. No words needed.

Not hijacking your thread, but I am attaching one my memorable photos taken last year at Garage Cafe, Goa. We rode all the way from Coimbatore for Rider Mania 2018.

Attachment 1859379
@mrpitt, @Surprise, @Ikonification, @coolmind, @TangoSierra
Thank you all for reading and glad you liked the photos.

@coolmind
Most of the photos are available in colour in my IG account. You are most welcome to visit.

No specific reasons for the route taken. We wanted to make a circuit and travel through different parts of the country. The return was hence through Hyderabad.

@TangoSierra
I feel photos in monochrome stays longer in memory than colour. It could be just me but I feel that way.
Old 16th March 2019, 10:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post

@coolmind
Most of the photos are available in colour in my IG account. You are most welcome to visit.
Thanks. Please share the Id. Would be pleased to visit.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 11:40   #27
BHPian

The Ladakh/Leh travelogue is a like a movie that you want to keep watching time and again. It is something that is never boring even for a second and every travelogue has something new from the last one. Its a travel that should be a must have to list for all fellow travelers as it imbibes the wonderful country of ours covering all the facets of our rich culture and places that will amaze anyone
coolrats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 15:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Thanks. Please share the Id. Would be pleased to visit.
Sorry for late response. I have send you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrats View Post
The Ladakh/Leh travelogue is a like a movie that you want to keep watching time and again. It is something that is never boring even for a second and every travelogue has something new from the last one. Its a travel that should be a must have to list for all fellow travelers as it imbibes the wonderful country of ours covering all the facets of our rich culture and places that will amaze anyone
Rightly said. I have been there twice now and still drool upon Ladakh travelogues. This place has a magical charm like no other.
Old 24th April 2019, 09:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Dear Dhar's,

This is a wonderful travelogue. The black & white photographs makes it nostalgic. Please share some more photos if available.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Dear Dhar's,

This is a wonderful travelogue. The black & white photographs makes it nostalgic. Please share some more photos if available.

Thank you.
I do have a lot more pics but used only selected ones here. I will compile another set for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks