Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flooded Rajasthan in a "My Choice" Ciaz AT

Lovely trip to RJ there. But let me tell you, that odo made sure I looked at it twice. I know Maruti cars are good, and I have two of them with over 1.3L km each. but seeing a Ciaz with 1.4L on it was just a pleasant surprise!

Such kinds of trips are the best! Just a general plan and most of the part is spent in the car driving to different places.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:42   #17
BHPian

Wow. What a short & crisp trip. I am sure this trip acted as a small breather for the mundane activities that we are involved in our daily lives.

Taking the ciaz through that water was brave. Once one gets accustomed to higher GC cars, like the one you have here in Kol, one tends to forget the issues involved in a low slung sedan.

Keep Travelling

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 23:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Nice travelogue! But be careful about not letting anyone else drive a self drive car other the person on whose name the car was issued. Or, may in your case it worked differently, depending on the rental agency.
Pointed Noted rrsteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Really nice pics & cool travelogue.

I'd been to Udaipur for a friends wedding last December & many local places were off-bounds for tourists since the dates clashed with the Ambani wedding. So we dashed to Eklingji, Shrinathji and a few other places around. Rajasthan is wonderful and the luxurious hotels there were not just beautiful but the service was exceptionally good.

I too had rented a Duster from MyChoize for a week. We had picked it up from Ahmedabad and the experience was just about fairly OK for the low price offered except they deducted 500 for fuel even though the tank was full on return.

Btw, the Duster wasn't fit with a speed governor & this aspect was helpful to match timelines to reach places and ensure the drive wasn't boring.

I took a state permit while entering Rajasthan with a Gujarat car and it cost approx ₹1,200/- IIRC for 4 days. Nobody asked for it anywhere, but it was precaution incase the car had any issues.

If I may answer this part, immediately after booking the MyChoize representative messages the renter over WhatsApp and asks if any co-driver would also be driving. If you confirm, you only need to forward the DL pic & ID pic of the co-driver.
I presume the Ciaz also did not have the speed governor as I was not informed about it from the agency. Also the fact that I never crossed the 80kmph mark, so will not be able to comment.

I did not find the booth for getting the State Permit for Rajasthan. It was a free in and out for me. I was lucky to have escaped the penalty of my negligence !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Lovely trip to RJ there. But let me tell you, that odo made sure I looked at it twice. I know Maruti cars are good, and I have two of them with over 1.3L km each. but seeing a Ciaz with 1.4L on it was just a pleasant surprise!

Such kinds of trips are the best! Just a general plan and most of the part is spent in the car driving to different places.
Thanks blackwasp !! Even I was surprised looking at the Odo and was impressed with the maintenance of the vehicle. Indeed, there was lots of driving in 2 days during this trip. We enjoyed the comfort of an AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wow. What a short & crisp trip. I am sure this trip acted as a small breather for the mundane activities that we are involved in our daily lives.
Thanks Pawan !! It was a required break. Missed catching up with you at the airport due to the traffic enroute the Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Taking the ciaz through that water was brave. Once one gets accustomed to higher GC cars, like the one you have here in Kol, one tends to forget the issues involved in a low slung sedan.
I remember SS-Travelers advice of evidence based driving. Adapting to low GC Cars from Higher GC Cars takes time. I am pretty used to it, thanks to the Brio I have, which repeatedly reminds me of these adjustments.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks