Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 22:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mysore via New York, on an Ather 450!

Awesome travelogue and great photos Hemanth. I want to do something similar on my Ather, but I'm waiting for the portable charger to be back in stock.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 23:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful thread with some great pictures. I cannot imagine the patience you had with that right wrist!

And I also did not know of New York village!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Prologue

you can’t take out that Mysorean in me.
Absolutely. I can completely relate to this feeling.

Mysoreans will relate to this very well…when it comes to time, speed & distance, there is always one reference - the difference between Mysore and Bangalore.
Quote:
If someone says that a Ferrari can travel at 300kph, we say “At that speed we can travel between Mysore and Bangalore in less than half an hour”
We have had pretty similar conversations at my house. Just that the Ferrari is replaced by another car/bike/cycle/running
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
[b]Love it that you challenged the general perception on range anxiety (including my own words in the review) and proved what the vehicle is capable of, when required. With modern electric cars like Kona getting 300+ kms of range, I guess the day won't be far off before electric vehicle owners start really contributing to the travelogues section.
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR, A decade down the line I foresee comments like "Whoa! you did such a long drive on an ICE vehicle!" may sound 'a bit too much' now but that's what I feel will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Nice travelogue. It must have been a tiring ride in a scooter...
It is tiring, but not too much. Also my experience with riding a Vespa from Bangalore to Kannur (400kms one way) was helpful. in fact that was really tiring.
Quote:
...When we bought our E2O with 80KM range, this was the first thing many people asked us, "you can't take it to Mysore"...
E2O's charging time is very high and that's why i haven't dared to drive it down to Mysore. The farthest I've taken that is Bidadi and back (total trip distance there was 110kms). Also the problem with E2O is actual distance achieved is less or at best equal to the displayed range. In Ather we can achieve at least what is displayed (or much more) This gives high confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
You have established that it is possible to travel without using a single drop of petrol and still uncover hidden gems.Excellent travelogue
no petrol correct, but Safari consumed diesel around 35 litres of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
...I cannot imagine the patience you had with that right wrist!
There were so many stretches where there was temptation to turn that wrist and Go Wheee! but I had to hold myself. The home stretch of 11kms was hence important. It was a reward for that patience like a dog getting a treat for being a good boy
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:35   #20
BHPian

Great travelogue indeed which brings the finer little aspects of Mysore. Icing on the cake is the Ather and New York in KA. Though it took 12 hours to Mysore, it was nice to use the charging time to explore more places. I cannot think of going on a long ride in a scooter these days and I appreciate your spirit to ride on a scooter for 12 hours. The last I went on a scooter trip was till Chikmaglur 5 years ago.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:39   #21
BHPian

A truly unique and amazing perspective of a long drive. The day is not far off when discharge rate and average human fatigue for long trip will catch up, thus making road trips on electric vehicles more predictable.
Thanks for sharing this unique thread, thoroughly enjoyed.
Keep traveling and sharing such amazing experiences.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
no petrol correct, but Safari consumed diesel around 35 litres of Diesel

Moral of the story: Do not save petrol because you will end up spending on diesel .

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd August 2019 at 19:31. Reason: Post fixed.
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 13:28   #23
BHPian

Threads like this will definitely encourage people to switch to ebikes, I am awaiting for my Ather. Hopefully I am also able to make a trip to Vellore or Tirupathi.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 16:35   #24
BHPian

Excellent travelogue Hemanth.

To be frank, I read the travelogue just for two reasons:
1. Why New York has come on the way between Bangalore & Mysore
2. And how you covered 150 kms on an electric bike!

The ride would have been tiresome and boring at 40 kmph. But you got some good company and nice locations for photoshoot at the halt points.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 13:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Planning

Trivia: New York is a village in Maddur Taluk of Mandya district. The village was renamed after the 9/11 attacks in memory of innocent people who lost their lives that day in 2001.
Visiting that place on a vehicle which started deliveries on 9/11 would make it that much more interesting I felt.

So that was how Bangalore to Mysore via New York was conceptualized.
I clicked this thread to understand how on Earth one travels from Bangalore to Mysore via NewYork!

And here is a trivia!

Anyways, good to hear about the trip on electric scooter. Encouraging for fellow e-bike owners.
Payaniga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 15:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
[u]

It was a given that we can’t cover the entire distance in one single charge. The plan was hence to go along in another car. we decided to take avinashsg’s Tata Safari. This way, we could go around in the Safari when the 450 is getting charged somewhere midway. The next thing was to find where that somewhere would be.
First up, it was a nicely written travelogue. Since you had a safari to accompany you, may i suggest you next time to try this:

No offense.
Attached Images

Last edited by srini1785 : 20th September 2019 at 15:36.
srini1785 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 15:49   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Though it took 12 hours to Mysore, it was nice to use the charging time to explore more places. I cannot think of going on a long ride in a scooter these days and I appreciate your spirit to ride on a scooter for 12 hours. The last I went on a scooter trip was till Chikmaglur 5 years ago.
Chikkamagaluru on a scooter would be more enduring I feel. My experience with a Vespa 125 ride to Kerala was more tiring than this. Although the trip took 12 hours I was riding for only 3 hours one way with ample rest in the car. Many days, we ride more than that in a day inside Bengaluru itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
A truly unique and amazing perspective of a long drive. The day is not far off when discharge rate and average human fatigue for long trip will catch up, thus making road trips on electric vehicles more predictable.
Thanks for sharing this unique thread, thoroughly enjoyed.
Keep traveling and sharing such amazing experiences.
Thanks, True indeed...that day is not far away at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
The ride would have been tiresome and boring at 40 kmph. But you got some good company and nice locations for photoshoot at the halt points.
It was boring sometimes but not tiring at all. Had I gone on the scooter alone, then waiting during the charging time would've been more tiring. But anyway, the best part was I saw so many things that I hardly see when I drive a car on this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Threads like this will definitely encourage people to switch to ebikes, I am awaiting for my Ather. Hopefully I am also able to make a trip to Vellore or Tirupathi.
Did you get your 450? Tirupathi is already done by a guy. You could take his help. Vellore is doable provided you have some person to provide power at 80-90kms intervals and of course time at hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
First up, it was a nicely written travelogue. Since you had a safari to accompany you, may I suggest you next time to try this:
We were actually discussing this picture during our trip
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks