Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 21:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photologue: An impromptu ride to the Southern tip of India - Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram

Amazing! Have seen your travelogues and the way you both have travelled the length and breadth of the country is very much inspiring (not that my wife is going to accompany me on bikes) - that’s a big NO NO at home

I don’t think anyone in this country has covered 35k on a CBR like you’ve done. You’re putting it to good use. Wishing you guys million more miles on it keep riding and keep writing!
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 23:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photologue: An impromptu ride to the Southern tip of India - Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram

Nice writeup. I used to love riding from Bangalore to Nagercoil - have made it in like 8 or 9 hrs. Roads are pretty much empty from Salem southwards.

I loved Dhanushkodi - spectacular place. Did you manage to see the twinkle of lights from Sri Lanka? Did you ride near the eastern coast when riding from Thoothukudi to Rameshwaram? When I did that trip, it wasn't all highway but state roads but in great shape.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 19:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Amazing! Have seen your travelogues and the way you both have travelled the length and breadth of the country is very much inspiring (not that my wife is going to accompany me on bikes) - that’s a big NO NO at home

I don’t think anyone in this country has covered 35k on a CBR like you’ve done. You’re putting it to good use. Wishing you guys million more miles on it keep riding and keep writing!
Kind words! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Did you ride near the eastern coast when riding from Thoothukudi to Rameshwaram? When I did that trip, it wasn't all highway but state roads but in great shape.
Thank you Naveen! Yes, I took the ECR from Thoothukudi to Rameshwaram and that's where the salt pans were captured. Even now the state highway is in good condition. That's one thing I've noticed about TN. Most of their state highways are great.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 18:14   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another lovely thread! Touring the country on two wheels requires a very capable motorcycle and the brilliant middleweight from Honda is a perfect match for you guys.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 23:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nicely written. Great weekend altogether.

Nice Pics as well. Glad you enjoyed the trip to Vattakottai. That place is going to be busy as its going to be promoted as a place of pride in the "new found nationalistic India"

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 09:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb thread Suhas You seem to have the perfect company of a great bike and a companion who is keen on riding along. Managing the coastal climate with all the gear and luggage must have been a challenge for both the bike and you two. Enjoyed the pics and the write ups, and drooled over the food pics!
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 12:43   #22
BHPian

Great experience sharing Suhas.
A good walk-through of your entire journey tagged with amazing clicks.
avinashsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 21:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures and travelogue, what camera were you using...
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 08:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nice pictures and travelogue, what camera were you using...
Thank you. All the pictures are taken on mobile cameras.
Old 18th October 2019, 19:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Although we’d planned to have lunch at Anjappar on the Madhurai bypass, we reached there earlier than expected, and neither of us was hungry. So we continued further while taking hydration breaks every 100 odd km as the unrelenting heat coupled with the fact that we were climbing down to sea level kept beating us down. We then decided to target Capsi restaurant for lunch and reached there by around 2 PM. The food and ambiance turned out to be quite decent and the bike had a safe and much needed shaded parking spot.
I came back to quote this para. Yes, I have often eaten at Capsi restaurant too - heck, we just drive from Nagercoil to there sometimes with my folks. The food is suprisingly good and the service has always been excellent.
Old 18th October 2019, 20:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Thank you. All the pictures are taken on mobile cameras.
which one....which phone do you use
Old 20th October 2019, 13:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I came back to quote this para. Yes, I have often eaten at Capsi restaurant too - heck, we just drive from Nagercoil to there sometimes with my folks. The food is suprisingly good and the service has always been excellent.
It was indeed good. While the one we stopped at was on Madurai highway, we also spotted another Capsi restaurant on the Tirunelveli - Thoothukudi road. Google has good reviews for this one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
which one....which phone do you use
OnePlus 6T and Xiaomi Poco F1. Both of them have very decent cameras.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks