Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2019, 16:40   #16
BHPian

re: Uttarakhand: Abode of the Gods

Conclusions:

We traveled 3427 kms in 22 days. There was no feeling of rush or anxiety. We took the trip at our own pace, and enjoyed it thoroughly. There were many who advised me against making such a trip, citing unnecessary trouble if some thing went wrong. They meant well, i am sure. However, I believe one must plan for any reasonable exigency, accept our fitness levels and act accordingly, and live your dreams.

I managed to continue my IF all the 22 days without any cheat days and lost 3 kgs in the bargain. My only regrets were not doing the Khaliya Top trek and the trek to the base camp of Panchachuli (which in due fairness, i came to know after we had come down to Dharchula). Well, that's the agenda for the next trip there.

I hope you enjoy this TR as much as I enjoyed penning it down.

Yes, Uttarakhand is truly the Abode of the Gods.

Uttarakhand: Abode of the Gods-d3.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 00:30. Reason: i->I
earthian is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 07:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

That is some travelogue! India surely has its might in mountains and one can head to where ever he needs! Very nice colours and the story of the road.

The Merc must have been fun to drive!

Last edited by ampere : 4th November 2019 at 11:19.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:13   #19
BHPian

Re: Uttarakhand: Abode of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The Merc must have been fun to drive!
It is. I like this car. The only problem is that if anything went wrong, the nearest service center would be New Delhi.
Thank you for your comments.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:42   #20
BHPian

Wow! Beautiful travelogue. Inspires me to do this journey soon. Uttarakhand is beautiful, it's still not as abused as Himachal. Hope it stays like that.
sabujsen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujsen View Post
Wow! Beautiful travelogue. Inspires me to do this journey soon. Uttarakhand is beautiful, it's still not as abused as Himachal. Hope it stays like that.
Thank you, sabujsen. Yes, a trip to Uttarakhand would definitely be recommended.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Look forward to hear your exploits.
Old 4th November 2019, 14:43   #22
BHPian

Wow !!!
This is awesome... 22 days in heavenly locations and absolute blissful environments.
If only my organization allowed me such long leaves....
maverick.munish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 14:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hello Earthian,

Very nice travelogues about the places which are not on typical tourist's to do list. The pictures are really nice, though you managed to click them in JPEG.

Great to see your GLE doing perfectly well in mountains with any issues. I also appreciate your comments on trash at serene places, whether we like it or not, this remains a unfortunately truth about most of our tourist places.

Personally, the best I liked was you managed to continue your 16:8 IF on all the days without any cheat days. That is a real achievement.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 16:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
Wow !!!
If only my organization allowed me such long leaves....
LOL. I am retired now, and hence i can take as many days as i want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Great to see your GLE doing perfectly well in mountains with any issues.
No issue at all. Though even if something simple were to happen, the mechanic would have to come from Delhi or the car towed to Delhi. In that sense, it is a big worry.

Quote:
I also appreciate your comments on trash at serene places, whether we like it or not, this remains a unfortunately truth about most of our tourist places.
It is disgusting to see how we so causally throw our trash at such places. We need to start about environment consciousness at elementary school itself. Hopefully in a decade or two, we would, as a nation, become more conscious.
Quote:
Personally, the best I liked was you managed to continue your 16:8 IF on all the days without any cheat days. That is a real achievement.
Thank you. I started on August 12 after reading about some members achievements in this forum. After 12 weeks i am down by 11.9 kgs. Feel much better.
Old 5th November 2019, 10:18   #25
BHPian

It's a beautiful travelogue, thanks for sharing, made for a satisfying read. I know it isn't possible for most, but this is is the way we should be holidaying, soaking in the environment at a slow pace and letting the new surroundings affect you.

Most of us are always in a rush ticking off 'overhyped' tourist attractions, rather than letting things slow down, the main reason why we take breaks from the city life.

I have always dreamt of visiting all the forests of India in a beautiful vehicle like yours.

Last edited by trek : 5th November 2019 at 10:20.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 10:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome travelogue. I instantly gravitate towards a trip report if it has a hint of the Himalayas in it.

Sad to see what has happened to Munsiyari. I always pictured it as a quaint little village in my head. I have traveled to Narayan ashram and beyond to Darchula a few years back, but didn't get the opportunity to spend time in Munsiyari.

Miles to go before i sleep...
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 13:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I have always dreamt of visiting all the forests of India in a beautiful vehicle like yours.
Well, dreams do come true. The vehicle has little to do with the quality of your experience. I have roamed in a Maruti 800, Ambassador, Premier Padmini, 118 NE, Opel, Corolla, C Class and now the GLE. I enjoyed every one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sad to see what has happened to Munsiyari.
Yes, i had also visualised it as a sleepy, laid back place, out in the wilderness and with only solar power. We shall have to now research and go further.
Old 5th November 2019, 19:25   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue sir! Crisp mouth watering snaps and gripping narrative. I haven't gone through the whole travelogue yet in detail, for want of time. I have though pinned it to my taskbar and intend to devour it in peace a little while later.

Did you miss posting a pose of your drive? Or was it me who missed spotting it in the hurry?

EDIT:- I found it in fully glory on post #7. Cheers

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 5th November 2019 at 19:29.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 11:26   #29
BHPian

If the Coronavirus issue dies down, the urge to drive once again to Uttarakhand is back. This time we would like to go to the Garhwal side. Would be thankful if members could share some hidden gems that we could check out. Last year when we did the Kumaon side, we were lucky to go to some remote places, away from the general tourist circuit.

Idea id to go sometime during middle of April.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 15:44   #30
BHPian

Corona has given me a luxury-- travelogue hunting. I was scouring through Team-Bhp for that and your mentioning of Mayawati caught my attention. I had been there more than 25 years ago. From the photos I could vividly recall that place with its beautiful gardens and thick sloping forests. There I heard how a leopard snatched a dog belonging to the place literally from the leash in the hands of a Swami. You should have gone for a short trek to the spot where Jim Corbett shot the Champwat tiger. The spot with a cement slab is mundane, but the trek would have been worthwhile. In fact, I too had spotted a leopard there, in close quarters.
lejhoom is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks