Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 17:03   #16
BHPian

Re: North Bengal & Sikkim in a Duster AWD

Lovely pictures and nice narration PB. Trust your friend liked the visit. The places of stay look beautiful, especially the one by Chel.

2019 had indeed been eventful for the Hulk. Wish you many more happy miles.
navsjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 19:59   #17
BHPian

Sweet and crisp! Happy faces all around. Loved the photographs and especially the Lava accommodation. This is the second time I'm drooling over the place after seeing it first in your Meghalaya trip-log with BP. However, the thought of climbing a hundred stairs also recurred.

Thanks for sharing!
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 00:36   #18
BHPian

Such a candidly penned travelogue - Pawan; and the pictures are so beautifully refreshing! North Bengal and Sikkim will always hold a special place. The Chel resort is a fantastic discovery indeed.
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 10:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousikjana View Post
Excellent travelogue PapaBravo with stunning photographs! Thanks for sharing. Sikkim and North Bengal have been in my bucket list since long. These logs will help us in planing for the trip.
Thanks a lot kousikjana. Do reach out if you need any assistance in planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Another classic travelogue. Very refreshing to see north Bengal and Sikkim through your lens.

Traveling leisurely is an art only a few master. And with a beautiful theme of hosting a good old friend makes this story warm and cheerful. Wish you many more amazing travels ahead.
Thank you so much Thermodynamics. Hosting good old friends was indeed amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Gangtok, Kalimpong and Darjeeling are all good contents to happiness and cheerfulness. A good drive, happy faces and some mastered photography in this Travelogue ensures a deserving 5* rating ! After your series of Travelogues in 2019, waiting for your next one already
Thanks a lot Arav bhai!! Let's hope 2020 brings with itself more such trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam109 View Post
Thanks for the crisp travelogue & stunning pictures. Your Duster looks super handsome and pristine, like it just rolled out of the showroom.
Thanks for the compliment on HULK, gautam109.

Quote:
Two questions please :
a. Which camera?
b. Name of the property (The cottage by the Chel)
The camera is a mirror-less from Fujifilm. The model is XT-100. The name of the property is Chel Chittong but you won't find it listed in any portal. They have to be contacted personally through facebook and it has just 2 rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Wonderful write up. Thanks for sharing.
Yuru is me and my wife's "comfort place" if you can have any. We keep going back once in a while. Was there this December to cool off after a hectic year. These pictures are taken during that brief stay.
Thanks feluda86. Great to know that you frequent Yuru as well. We found about this place in 2016 on this (White Sikkim in a Duster AWD)trip.

The pictures posted by you fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Lovely pictures and nice narration PB. Trust your friend liked the visit. The places of stay look beautiful, especially the one by Chel.

2019 had indeed been eventful for the Hulk. Wish you many more happy miles.
Thanks a lot Navtej. They loved it. In fact, now they want more. Isn't this what Himalayas do to you after a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Sweet and crisp! Happy faces all around. Loved the photographs and especially the Lava accommodation. This is the second time I'm drooling over the place after seeing it first in your Meghalaya trip-log with BP. However, the thought of climbing a hundred stairs also recurred.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot mi2n. And yes I remember the look on your face when I told you about the stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
Such a candidly penned travelogue - Pawan; and the pictures are so beautifully refreshing! North Bengal and Sikkim will always hold a special place. The Chel resort is a fantastic discovery indeed.
Thanks Sayantan. I think I should have bought the camera earlier. . Never mind now we should plan a trip together.

Chel is actually bhpian Teesta's discovery.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 10:16   #20
BHPian

Wonderful crisp travelogue along with stunning photographs. Thanks a lot for sharing Pawan da.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:09   #21
BHPian

Scintillating and lovely photos Pawan , the resort at Chel looks so charming and inviting! Going by the number of trips you seem to be making to those parts , it should be closer than your backyard now
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 22:50   #22
BHPian

One heck of trip and even more gripping travelogue Pawan da!

Himalaya looks more mesmerizing through your lense!

Your travelogue is compelling enough to hit the road to north bengal / sikkim . Thanks for sharing.

Look forward to meeting you on 19th!
PAkshay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 12:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Wonderful crisp travelogue along with stunning photographs. Thanks a lot for sharing Pawan da.
Thanks a lot Fordlover88.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Scintillating and lovely photos Pawan , the resort at Chel looks so charming and inviting! Going by the number of trips you seem to be making to those parts , it should be closer than your backyard now
Thank you so much Angshuman Da. 2019 has been a good year as far as travels are concerned. Hulk munched many miles especially in the hills. Waiting for your TL from the recent trip as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAkshay View Post
One heck of trip and even more gripping travelogue Pawan da!

Himalaya looks more mesmerizing through your lense!

Your travelogue is compelling enough to hit the road to north bengal / sikkim . Thanks for sharing.

Look forward to meeting you on 19th!
Thanks a lot PAkshay. Looking forward to meet you on 19th meet.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:31   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful pictures of the eternal favourites- Darjeeling and Kalimpong.No matter how many times we travel to these two places the itch never goes! Incidentally, I have been to Chel Chittong twice and I got asked about you Papabravo that whether I know you or not since the owner thought I did because of the car connection. May be some time we would catch up and I get to know you for real

Sharing few pictures of Chel Chittong from my side and hope you don’t mind
Attached Thumbnails
North Bengal & Sikkim in a Duster AWD-0c2316efed4c4bf48ed67c9dd6c98893.jpeg  

North Bengal & Sikkim in a Duster AWD-0f5b51a7fd724740a6ea763a892c9b57.jpeg  

North Bengal & Sikkim in a Duster AWD-f1592b4e5c3d4dbfb3e4ff0a260617e8.jpeg  

ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Day 1: Kolkata-Siliguri

We started from our place at 5 pm.
How safe is it to take Botolbari stretch at late night? I usually leave Kolkata very early in the morning and pass B'bari between 2-3pm' ish. This time planning a night drive: what would you suggest? Botolbari or Dalkhola?
Old 19th February 2020, 23:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
How safe is it to take Botolbari stretch at late night? I usually leave Kolkata very early in the morning and pass B'bari between 2-3pm' ish. This time planning a night drive: what would you suggest? Botolbari or Dalkhola?
I have always crossed Botolbaari between 2-5 in the early morning and never felt safety issues. There are Police Pickets also at three or four points all along the stretch. Besides, crossing that stretch in the night saves you the hassles of unnecessary forced subscriptions of some festivity or the other and takes care of the hens and goats as well
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 14:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Wonderful pictures of the eternal favourites- Darjeeling and Kalimpong.No matter how many times we travel to these two places the itch never goes!
Thanks a lot ABHI_1512. The charm of these places never dies down.

Quote:
Incidentally, I have been to Chel Chittong twice and I got asked about you Papabravo that whether I know you or not since the owner thought I did because of the car connection. May be some time we would catch up and I get to know you for real
Yes, the owner knows that I am a auto enthusiast. Good to know you enjoyed your stay there. Will look forward to meeting you on the next TeamBHP meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Hi arjab, what time are you planning to leave ? Botolbari is usually safe but have heard about one incident as of now. I have crossed it at different times in the day & night without any issues. If you cross it around 5am, it should not be an issue at all. Also, just keep a track Dalkhola railway crossing on GMaps. If it doesn't show too much of jam the take the Dalkhola bypass to reach the railway line and then take the normal route through Islampur.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks