Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2020, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Down the memory lane! Drive from Visakhapatnam to Delhi in 1998

I am very fond of dates and the moment I started reading this write up, it struck me you might have missed the famed assault of Sachin Tendulkar over Kasprovich in Sharjah and lo behold you watched it in Gwalior. I was recuperating from Chicken pox during that time and yes the summer was hard on us.

Last edited by aadya : 26th March 2020 at 12:47.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 00:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal_67 View Post
The urge to pen down and share about the first multi-day drive of my life has always been there. But as it was undertaken way back in 1998 and the absence of an appropriate forum to share it were dissuading me. As time progressed, the self doubt of utility of sharing something which might be of no interest to the reader about a yesteryear trip took over and shut out the urge itself. Then it happened! My request for entry into this forum was cleared and all hurdles including the self imposed ones vanished. Only thing holding me back now was the availability of time to pen down the events as they happened.
Thanks Sir for sharing the old memories. I fully endorse your point of view that its never too late to share travel stories once you find the appropriate forum and Team-BHP is one such place to be which brings like minded travel enthusiasts together. Your narrative is quite engrossing which makes one visualize the journey through the country side. The first leg of the trip stands out due to adventure filled drive through the dense forests of Bastar (Chhatisgarh). Your travelogue made me quite nostalgic as it reminded me of the Chandigarh-Delhi-Hyderabad to and fro road trip which I did in 2014. During this trip I too did the Delhi-Nagpur stretch via the same route as you did i.e (Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Narsinghpur-Nagpur). I too had planned since long to post the travelogue but couldn't due to sheer procrastination but your travelogue has acted like a motivation booster. Will soon share it. Sincerely hope to read many more adventure filled travel stories from your end. Keep posting. GODSPEED
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 18:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I am very fond of dates and the moment I started reading this write up, it struck me ..... and lo behold you watched it in Gwalior.
It is clear that not only are you fond of dates, but very good at remembering them also. Hats off to you. I was very lucky to have not missed that superlative innings of Sachin. Spending that night in that room watching that un-missable innings is still fresh in my mind. Thanks a lot for underlining that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
.... Will soon share it. ...
It is never late for noting down, I would say. Make the best of the ongoing lock-down and you will be able to treat all the readers in this forum. Waiting
bimal_67 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks