Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 12:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Photologue: Disney World, Florida

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 13:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Brings back memories. I visited Disneyland, Florida in 1982 and Disneyworld in California in 2012. First time all by myself. Last time with my wife and daughter who was 25 at the time. These theme parks are wonderful experience, not just for kids. As an adult you will be amazed as well. I can’t quite remember, but I think in Disneyworld last time we took out special passes that got you onto the various rides quicker. Well worth the extra money, as you tend to spend quite a bit of time queuing.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 23:11   #18
BHPian

Glad to have helped you relive the memory and create this photologue that would be everlasting! And it is even joyful when you have had your daughters take you there. Especially when they move on to their next phase of life with work, family, etc. these quality times that you spend together would be cherished!!

And please don't belittle yourself by calling these as poor photographs. They are awesome! I mean, when you look at what I have....

One thing I noticed is that you have not worn walking shoes. Must have been harder to walk around with those slippers/sandals.

And Disneyland Florida looks different and the rides/attractions also seem to be a little different than California, although the themes are similar.

Looks like you must have done a lot more touring in the US. Please do share more of those when you find time.
luvurride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 05:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
One thing I noticed is that you have not worn walking shoes. Must have been harder to walk around with those slippers/sandals.

And Disneyland Florida looks different and the rides/attractions also seem to be a little different than California, although the themes are similar.
As stated in the beginning, it was raining. So we had to leave our shoes in the Car, I sheltered my family members one by one im my huge Poncho and walked them to trolley station. Flip flops and other Ponchos were purchased at Curio shop of Disneyland.
Yes, I have done a lot of touring in USA and my family allows me enough time for my passion of Photography. Now to make a Photologue out of that is not an easy job. Pictures of my each visit, each city are filed separately in my Hard Drive. Will try to extract some more.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 07:56   #20
HTC
BANNED

Wow! Loved the pictures.

Brought back lots of memories when we visited back in 2013 when my daughter was 2 yr old. She enjoyed it 500% i would say. Met most characters and had lengthy conversations with them which we also dont know what she spoke . For the three days we spent there- world & epcot, it was worth evey penny.

Florida one is Disney world and not disney land. It is the biggest amongst Disneys. The sheer amout of space and infrastructure is mind blowing. There is a parallel world underground to support each attraction and all are connected by tunneling system. And the importance they give to maintaining cleanliness is amazing.

Infact, there are Disney planners who will plan your visit for a fee. Though i didnt opt for it, felt it might help those planning single day visit.

I have been to Hong kong disney aswell. Its OK sorts. The kind of energy and spirit is missing in hong Hong Kong disney. Or may be my expectations were higher second time.

Still, for anyone with kids( threenages to teenagers), i would suggest to take them to any of the Disneys at least once. You wil cherish the time spent there for sure.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 16:34   #21
AZT
BHPian

Re: Photologue: Disney World, Florida

Great pics. It was a dull day and this thread cheered me up. I think they've also started the Star Wars themed area at Disneyland Florida which makes it even better. This place is definitely on my bucket list.
Old 29th July 2020, 21:15   #22
BHPian

Brings back memories from when we went to WDW twice when the kids were toddlers. There are quite a few books on planning your visit which give tips on best times to take certain rides keeping in mind children ages, where to eat etc. I recollect the parking lot is so distant that one takes a ride from the car (on a road train) to a monorail station from where a train takes you to the park entrance. A VERY big place.
In fact the EPCOT is humorously lengthened to "Every Person Comes Out Tired".
Old 30th July 2020, 01:56   #23
BANNED

Am happy for you that you enjoyed your visit to Disneyland. What could be more satisfying than good time spent with family. But, your thread reinforces my belief that visiting such parks is a waste of time and money, which could very well be used to explore the vivid geography or history of the country one is visiting. Only the Disney castle (from your whole travelogue) looks nice but hey then shouldn’t one visit the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany for that.
Old 30th July 2020, 02:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
But, your thread reinforces my belief that visiting such parks is a waste of time and money, which could very well be used to explore the vivid geography or history of the country one is visiting.
Well - to each his own, I say. As outsiders/tourists/immigrants, we have to understand what DisneyLand or WDW means to the regular American. It's an institution to which each generation has been taken by their parents and they strive to do the same for their children. A lot of families despite their limited means plan in advance of an year or more to get the full experience. No off park hotels or packed food - they will stay at the park resorts, schedule meals with the characters and spend on memorabilia.

In my opinion, it is like Las Vegas, you have to go once and spend money. There is no substitute for that experience.
Old 30th July 2020, 03:09   #25
BANNED

That might be an institution for an American, but for me to go there, just to show that am part of their culture, and that I have lived their culture, their high priority item, would be faking it. I have no guilt in showing/telling them that their culture (if going to Disney world is really that!) is a waste of time and money, and it doesn’t elicit any emotion or desire in me. I mean how can I be in America for 3 weeks and be inside that fake world for 3 days, there is so much else to explore, the Grand canyons, Miami, Death Valley, California, YellowStone, Washington, New York, the list is endless.
But yes, if somebody is living in or around that area, they can visit it on a weekend to get the checklist complete. As a tourist, personally I wouldn’t like to go to such places. I have been to Paris thrice, have never visited Disneyland there.
But, I respect others choice if they like it, they should go.
Old 30th July 2020, 03:28   #26
BHPian

There is no compulsion for anyone anywhere and people are free to choose what to do during their visitor trips. However, what does not resonate with one person might be a must to do for someone else.

I believe an opinion should remain an opinion and not a guideline or suggestion.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 09:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amrik Singh,
Thanks very much for sharing. Awesome photos. I hope your family and you enjoyed your visit.
Cheers.
Quote:
But, your thread reinforces my belief that visiting such parks is a waste of time and money, which could very well be used to explore the vivid geography or history of the country one is visiting.
Quote:
That might be an institution for an American, but for me to go there, just to show that am part of their culture, and that I have lived their culture, their high priority item, would be faking it. I have no guilt in showing/telling them that their culture (if going to Disney world is really that!) is a waste of time and money, .....
Probably not the right thread to discuss this - we all have our differences in views, likes/dislikes, preferences. I'm just reminded of the old adage
Quote:
If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 10:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Only the Disney castle (from your whole travelogue) looks nice but hey then shouldn’t one visit the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany for that.
Nobody visits a Country just to see a Castle or one single place of interest. There is always a special itinerary and many things fall in it or an itinerary specially made to include a number of places.
There was a special occasion to be in USA and once there, no reason why I should have missed other things.
Regarding Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, Hoffentlich werde ich da sein
Old 30th July 2020, 10:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am happy for you that you enjoyed your visit to Disneyland. What could be more satisfying than good time spent with family. But, your thread reinforces my belief that visiting such parks is a waste of time and money, which could very well be used to explore the vivid geography or history of the country one is visiting. Only the Disney castle (from your whole travelogue) looks nice but hey then shouldn’t one visit the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany for that.
Sorry dude. I have visited Disney world and Universal in Florida in 2017. You have very wrong beliefs about these parks may be due to your experience with similar parks in India or due to a different perspective on the entire thing. I was 40 at that time and enjoyed the trip more than my 10 year old daughter. These parks will make you feel young and the feeling is only to be experienced.

No castle or vivid geography or history can match this experience. This is like comparing oranges and apples.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks