Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 19:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Weekend escapade to Tirthan Valley, Himachal

Wow! What lovely pictures man! Rated 5*.
Perks of living in Delhi is, you guys can hit the Himalaya whenever you want.

Any feedback from your end on the Ecosport TDCi? My friend is contemplating to buy one, but he heard, on hills or steep inclines, the low end torque of the Ecosport is a let down. So now he is considering the Nexon too.

Last edited by Samba : 3rd September 2020 at 19:53.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 23:46   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaj* View Post
Really a mesmerizing place on the banks of Tirthan! Was not aware of the place during my Kullu_Manali_Manikaran_Chandigarh trip 4 yrs back. Adding this to my bucket list. Being in south, i envy people living in north for the places they have in HP next to them.
Yes truly mesmerizing. I moved to Gurgaon in end 2018 and although I have done a few trips in the mountains over long weekends, which truly wouldn't have been possible while I was in Bangalore and Pune previously, but the frequency has still been less. I would have loved to spend more time in the hills but I'm glad the beautiful Himalayas are only a day's drive away. Hope to make it count once this pandemic is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_swift View Post
Nice travelogue and great pictures

I went to Tirthan in the summer of 2016. At that time we had moved to Delhi less than 1 year back, and I was still not confident about driving in the highways, so we went by bus. It's a lovely and quiet place, and is my favorite place in all of Himachal. We also went to the Sereolsar Lake from the Jalori Pass, the views were lovely. But the best part was the hotel that we chose (forgot the name): you had to cross the Tirthan river on a human operated miniature rope way to reach the hotel. And as you mentioned, sitting on the rocks by the river was indeed a memorable and peaceful experience.

Your pictures brought back lots of memories for me.
Thank you.

I am guessing you stayed at the Raju Guest House which used to have that ropeway setup, not sure about the status now. Our first option was this place as there were multiple good reviews everywhere. However, it was booked during our travel dates and so we started looking for an alternative for the seven of us, preferably along side the Tirthan river, and this Sunshine Himalayan Retreat turned out to be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Wow! What lovely pictures man! Rated 5*.
Perks of living in Delhi is, you guys can hit the Himalaya whenever you want.

Any feedback from your end on the Ecosport TDCi? My friend is contemplating to buy one, but he heard, on hills or steep inclines, the low end torque of the Ecosport is a let down. So now he is considering the Nexon too.
Thank you Samba da.

I hope I'll do more justice to the fact that I stay close to the mountains once traveling becomes more feasible !

Amongst the compact SUVs, I still feel the Ecosport is the best of the lot. The ride and handling feels much better than its rivals. The 1.5 liter TDCI is a beautiful motor, the low end torque could have been better but I think one would get used to the driving dynamics. But now since these compact SUVs have breached the 12-13 Lakh mark, even the new Thar looks really inviting for someone who is not looking to fit 4 adults on a frequent basis. If not the Thar, I think Ecosport would still be the one to pick in my books, Nexon would be a close second. That said, I have not yet got a chance to drive the diesel Nexon over a longer period so maybe I am judging it a bit too early.
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 10:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow wow wow! I moved to NCR last year and considering the quality of city life, having Himachal as a neighbor is a real moral booster. I have only managed one outstation trip of Corbett as of now. Adding this place to my wish list.

One query though. Anyone aware of COVID related border crossing norms for Himachal? Do we need to carry test reports, etc. ?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 23:43   #19
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Wow wow wow! I moved to NCR last year and considering the quality of city life, having Himachal as a neighbor is a real moral booster. I have only managed one outstation trip of Corbett as of now. Adding this place to my wish list.

One query though. Anyone aware of COVID related border crossing norms for Himachal? Do we need to carry test reports, etc. ?
Yes Himachal is really a revelation. Uttarakhand more so, in my books, as many parts of Garhwal are extremely beautiful and still unexplored.

I've tried to documented some of these here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...-800-xr-2.html

As regards to traveling to these states now, yes we do need a negative Covid test report. I guess it will be a norm throughout the remaining part of this year so plan your trip accordingly.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 13:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue @//M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Having been living in Manali and working in a Christian Mission Hospital here for the last over 1 year, I have been fortunate enough to visit our satellite Clinic in Jibhi at least 3-4 times, and I love the place every time I go.
@Adityadeane lets catch up on my next visit to Manali, probably end of this year and hopefully, the travel will be easier then.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 00:59   #21
BHPian

[quote=//M;4878923]

I am guessing you stayed at the Raju Guest House which used to have that ropeway setup, not sure about the status now. Our first option was this place as there were multiple good reviews everywhere. However, it was booked during our travel dates and so we started looking for an alternative for the seven of us, preferably along side the Tirthan river, and this Sunshine Himalayan Retreat turned out to be perfect.

I’d stayed there,IIRC, when I’d visited Tirthan Valley, ~3 years ago. Your travelogue brought back so many memories! Two experiences that has stayed stuck - 1. going trout fishing with one of the boys of the resort and 2. joining another group of travellers and exchanging stories, over whiskey by the campfire, till the wee hours of the morning. Putting up a couple of pix from my trip :
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend escapade to Tirthan Valley, Himachal-ffa334f733eb44e0af3c0081c27df15c.jpeg  

Weekend escapade to Tirthan Valley, Himachal-1e7b220e5f2e48eaa8045cdb795832aa.jpeg  

Weekend escapade to Tirthan Valley, Himachal-2a90678995fc42138e136ed192535028.jpeg  

Weekend escapade to Tirthan Valley, Himachal-4eda4335a2064ddba3948dfd040477d1.jpeg  

GreyNomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 11:44   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nice travelogue @//M
Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I’d stayed there,IIRC, when I’d visited Tirthan Valley, ~3 years ago. Your travelogue brought back so many memories! Two experiences that has stayed stuck - 1. going trout fishing with one of the boys of the resort and 2. joining another group of travellers and exchanging stories, over whiskey by the campfire, till the wee hours of the morning. Putting up a couple of pix from my trip :
That sounds lovely. We did enjoy the campfire each night during our stay at this Sunshine Retreat, it was such a revelation in the cold winter nights alongside the mountain stream. We had also planned to go trout fishing with the homestay staff but it seemed there were couple of restrictions or protests going on by locals regarding angling during our travel dates. So we decided to let the homestay staff do this job while we feast over some lovely trout preparation later at lunch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks