Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 11:07   #16

Re: 4000 km road-trip in a Duster AWD with my dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
Lucky you got the greater adjutant in natural surroundings. Been there a few times and all my sightings have been in the garbage dump. Still searching for the perfect shot.
I just have a point and shoot camera but managed to get a few good shots. Here are some others including the rare Green Cochoa that I had seen near the Assam-Arunachal border after Tezpur.

4000 km road-trip in a Duster AWD with my dog-dscn0488.jpg

4000 km road-trip in a Duster AWD with my dog-img_7527.jpg

4000 km road-trip in a Duster AWD with my dog-img_7539.jpg

4000 km road-trip in a Duster AWD with my dog-img_6643.jpg
pbaruah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaruah View Post
I can imagine. The Duster is not tall enough for a Great Dane. Can't imagine which car would suit. Deserves a cars for Great Danes thread.

<snip>

Would love to hear of other useful measures. I have not had much trouble travelling with him.
Amazing list. Our 4 legged member also loves car rides. Whenever we want his attention we just announce we are going to the car. His ears go up.

Our previous Figo seemed more comfortable for him (Labrador) the new Nexon somehow he seems like he is struggling to stay in the rear seat. Still loves the outing though. By 200km though he gets uncomfortable and we need to stop and get him out for some air.
sriks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:54   #18
BHPian

Lovely travelogue, Sir. "Yeh asli GSD hai"

Sir, did you by any chance teach at NUJS around 2008-2010?
Amity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 20:33   #19
BHPian

Last year I travelled with my Lab from Greater Noida to Kolkata and back. Night halt as usual was Varanasi. It was three of us, me, wife, and the dog. Since both of us know how to drive, one of us sat with the dog on the passenger seat.
Finding a pet friendly accommodation in Varanasi was a bit of challenge but I landed booking a fantastic converted haveli homestay in the interiors of the city. I used the same place on my return leg.
AC was functional and windows were rolled down alternately. Food was carried and breaks were provided for releiving and relaxation. Overall she handled it well, but being a bitch she had female problems which messed the car a bit.
More than carrying her, what was far more stressful is the route from Noida to Kolkata.
She also travels with us to Uttrakhand and Himachal for vacations.
SidharthaN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 00:05   #20
BHPian

Very good write up you made me feel Guwahati Delhi drive a breeze which I too am planning on doing next year in a hatchback. Eastern Arunachal is very raw and untouched I was fortunate enough to have worked there in the last two years.
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:15   #21

Yes. I was there. What about you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks