Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 16:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Grand Tour of Switzerland in a Range Rover Sport

Amazing travelogue and awesome pictures!

The drone pictures truly offer a different perspective; can you probably share which drone/gear you used?

Thanks
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 17:03   #32
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue as usual! The short film is way better than many YouTube travel video.
Switzerland- a country that many of us from 90's era dreams to visit- thanks to Bollywood.

The places, mountains, scenic beauty, you both, everything looks so perfect in the pictures. Your black Range Rover complimented the pictures perfectly.

Rightly pointed by PapaBravo, these pictures can be used as wallpaper.

Hope you are not missing the Himalayas much

Last edited by SamitMukherjee : 8th July 2021 at 17:05.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 17:46   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Awesome travelogue! Nothing much to say, just waiting for travel to be reopened in this part of the world
Thanks vb-san! Yes, hope that things get better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you, what an epic Travelogue, the pictures and the locations made me spellbound.
The opening drone footage compilation is a terrific starter. This falls nothing short of 5 stars.
I feel like being T-800, "I need you car, your drone, your camera and your vacation . . . and I will add the PLEASE".
Thank you haisaikat for the lovely words! Apologies, but I don't know what T-800 means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I just had one question, till date had only seen the Belvedere Hotel in forwards, now I actually get to ask someone who has gone by it, where do guests park cars of they are staying here?
There is a parking lot opposite to the hotel. There is a cafe now. Unfortunately the hotel was closed down in 2015. You can find more details about the hotel here -

https://abandonedplaygrounds.com/201...of-furka-pass/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Surreal pics! Brilliant travelogue. Rated 5*.
Thank you Samba! Also thank you for reminding me of the picture of the Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
Lovely travelogue !! and brilliant pics all around ( incl. the food !!) . This will surely help when we plan a trip to Switzerland . Could you kindly share the booking URLs / passes for the places you stayed / visited , road taxes , driving restrictions if any etc.
Thanks.
Thanks TechNomad! All the bookings were done through www.booking.com and www.airbnb.com. The average price per day would be between £120 to £200. It has increased due to the additional cleaning charges for covid. You don't have to pay any road tax separately in Switzerland, all you need is a vignette that costs around £43. There are no driving restrictions except for places that are car-free zones like Zermatt, Jungfrau, Gruyeres etc. The train tickets are expensive. Overall we found out that the expenses were around £350 per day for us including everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu1101 View Post
Thank you for the brilliant travelogue, made my day!
Thank you anshu1101 for the lovely words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Wow, simple awesome. Always look forward to your travelogues. Great details and beautiful pictures!
Thank you LoneRidder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
Fabulous travelogue filled with fantastic pictures of scenery, wheels and food! I've always wanted to drive to Europe from London but the thought of driving on the wrong side of the road has always put me off You definitely inspire me to give it a go.
Thanks 51morris. Just take your Mini and go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Stuff of dreams as usual !!
Thanks PapaBravo!

Quote:
I could literally hear Rajsri saying Don't stop in my ears.
I knew you and Meghna would be able to relate to this the most

Quote:
I am going to get all the images from you and use as wallpapers. The place-photography-you both-car, everything is just perfect.
Thank you once again!

Quote:
Can't wait for the restrictions to relax and do a trip with you guys.
Yes, it has been almost 2 years from the last trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
Blackpearl, this travelogue is incredible.
Thanks anandavinash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
If and when you do make it back to Zermatt, en route to Gornergrat is a stop known as Rotenboden. A short walk (downhill) from this station takes you to Riffelsee from where you can enjoy stunning views of the Matterhorn. The picture below is what I managed to get on a clear day in October 2019.
The picture is outstanding! Will surely keep this in mind when we go there the next time. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
For some of the pics of the RR, I think JLR should pay you, such outstanding photos with perfect light & location. Enough to say you're putting the RR to proper grand touring use
Thank you RJK, I am elated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsUnlimited View Post
The drone pictures truly offer a different perspective; can you probably share which drone/gear you used?
Thanks DreamsUnlimited! The drone is DJI Mavic Mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Brilliant travelogue as usual! The short film is way better than many YouTube travel video.
Thanks a lot SamitMukherjee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Hope you are not missing the Himalayas much
Yes, not as much as before. There are lot of places to visit before going back to the Himalayas!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th July 2021 at 17:48.
BlackPearl is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 18:17   #34
BHPian

A very detailed travelogue which will be very helpful for motorists doing this circuit in Switzerland. Pictures are superb. Special mention must be made of the painstakingly captured drone shots and videos.

Way to go -- Black Pearl and Rajsri.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 19:57   #35
Team-BHP Support

It gets boring to say every travelogue is your best 'yet', because you always top it with the next one.

Fabulous pictures, a great car, and you both make a lovely couple with a shared wanderlust. To many more adventures.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 20:43   #36
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue and the pictures are real treat to eyes, i wish you could have seen the Matterhorn . Switzerland is a country which you wont get enough of it, i am living here for past 4 years and still have a lot left to explore. Do drop by in Solothurn when you visit Switzerland next time .

Last edited by Herr_Autobahn : 8th July 2021 at 20:49.
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 02:34   #37
BHPian

May be we should all call you Europearl, instead of Blackpearl. You guys have the sort of wanderlust combined with a good planning to get the best of European routes.

Top notch pictures with highly informative route maps for any of us to take the trip.

Wifey and me are very much fans of your travelogues. May be we should plan a trip sometime. Let me know by PM if you guys pass by NL.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 07:15   #38
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Truly a Grand Tour !

Great story telling, great pictures and great locations. While going through this travelogue, I had this massive urge of riding a motorcycle through those scintillating serpentine roads and the idyllic villages. Thanks for sharing this detailed travelogue, this is going to benefit a lot of readers.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 08:52   #39
BHPian

Wow...

Even movies do not show as much as you have about this splendid country. What beautiful pictures. I spent almost an hour soaking in all the beauty. Especially the pics of the Matterhorn.

I hope you go on many more vacations and show us more beautiful places around the world that most of us ignore. And the RR just looks splendid and is apt for a trip like this.

Cheers
OctYFAN
OctYFAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 16:04   #40
BHPian

This is probably the most complete travelogue of Switzerland I have seen. I went to Switzerland in 2014 but we saw only about a 10th of what you saw as we could only accommodate 5 days in our schedule for Switzerland. Will definitely have to take inspiration from your travelogue to revisit Switzerland.
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 19:50   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Way to go -- Black Pearl and Rajsri.
Thanks a lot Debu Da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Fabulous pictures, a great car, and you both make a lovely couple with a shared wanderlust. To many more adventures.
Thank you Chetan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Autobahn View Post
Wonderful travelogue and the pictures are real treat to eyes, i wish you could have seen the Matterhorn . Switzerland is a country which you wont get enough of it, i am living here for past 4 years and still have a lot left to explore. Do drop by in Solothurn when you visit Switzerland next time .
Thank you Herr_Autobahn! We went to Fanas again in December. Will surely let you know when we go there next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
May be we should all call you Europearl, instead of Blackpearl.
Ha ha, thank you carthick1000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Wifey and me are very much fans of your travelogues. May be we should plan a trip sometime. Let me know by PM if you guys pass by NL.
I saw your updates on the Netherlands meet thread. Too bad that we missed it. Will surely try to be there the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
While going through this travelogue, I had this massive urge of riding a motorcycle through those scintillating serpentine roads and the idyllic villages. Thanks for sharing this detailed travelogue, this is going to benefit a lot of readers.
Yes, it will be terrific to ride through those places. Thank you //M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctYFAN View Post
Even movies do not show as much as you have about this splendid country. What beautiful pictures. I spent almost an hour soaking in all the beauty. Especially the pics of the Matterhorn.
Thanks a lot OctYFAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
This is probably the most complete travelogue of Switzerland I have seen. I went to Switzerland in 2014 but we saw only about a 10th of what you saw as we could only accommodate 5 days in our schedule for Switzerland. Will definitely have to take inspiration from your travelogue to revisit Switzerland.
Thank you sup?! I hope you can revisit Switzerland soon!
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 22:56   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning log as usual!

Will probably need to go through it again, to get a sense of all the places. Thanks for sharing!

How did you find the trails to go offroad?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 13:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Switzerland has that special place in our lives who have grown up in the 80s and 90s with every big budget Bollywood film showcasing the beauty of the place.
Yes, it sure does. I am wanting to the Swiss Alps for long, maybe in the next couple of years.

And, these are some amazing pictures of Switzerland. Seems like a readymade itinerary for exploring the beautiful country.

This was your second time through Eurotunnel, right?
ketan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 06:16   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It gets boring to say every travelogue is your best 'yet', because you always top it with the next one.
You stole my words. I was initially reading and then just scrolling as the good snaps kept coming on and on and on!

Jokes apart; the EU green lands and alpine region are best explored by road (and to some extent trains). More than anything you can carry your photo gear!

Great to see the D850 in action!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 16:10   #45
BHPian

Lovely, amazing, spell-binding etc and such words will not justify how I am feeling right now after looking at the TL/pics. Switzerland is really very beautiful and thank you so much for giving us a virtual tour.
I am not just able to express my feelings after looking at your pics. And the RR just feels like it belongs there.
What a contrast to our country.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks