Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 18:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Trek to Pindari Glacier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
It is done on purpose by forest officials. It is the most essential step to stop the spread of natural wildfires. It works as a barrier.
I am aware of this process but here I asked a local lady and she told me that it caught fire on it's own. Not sure if she told me truth or wanted to get rid of me haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
The TRH guys were motivating us to continue to walk, because we had done the difficult part and the rest of the trail they said was relatively easy
I was joking with my guide about it. He never told me the truth about about upcoming climbs. Later on he sheepishly confessed that "sach bata denge to pehle hi bhaag jaoge" i.e. "if we tell truth people would lose hope".

Quote:
It looks like the 'easy' trail beyond Khati seems to have replaced by a much more difficult route, based on your description!
Yes, new route from Khati to Dwali is difficult as compared to previous route. This was confirmed by guide too.

Quote:
Having done the trek before via Dhakuri, did you miss the views from the top this time?
It is definitely missed. I remember in those days it was an amazing feel at Dhakuri top. I still have photographs of that trip buried somewhere at home. There is another Pangu top trek (7 kms trek oneside) from Khati which presents similar view.

Quote:
It was a seven day trek from Bageshwar then - what is the normal duration of the trek now?
Day 1 - Bageshwar to Kharkiya ( by car) + 5 kms trek to Khati
Day 2: Khati to Dwali (12 kms)
Day 3: Dwali to Pindari Zero point and Back to Phurkiya (21 kms)
Day 4: Phurkiya to Kharkiya (23 kms) + Back to Bageshwar 2 hrs drive.

This can be done but one has to be fit enough.

Guide says people have done it in 2 days flat. Kharkiya to Zero Point to Kharkiya. Thanks btw.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 20:48   #17
BHPian

Marvelous pictures of the ranges and the snow capped peaks, what a trail to trek through, and beautifully written, as if you took us along with you. Rated 5 stars, keep trekking and keep taking us along like this.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 15:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post

I am not sure how are the parking arrangements towards Sankri, do share your experience please, it will be helpful. It is a starting point for lot of treks.

Will definitely let you know if I plan something like this in future, it would be good to have some company. I am not a big group kind of person and would never trek with commercial organisations (taking 15-16 people in a lot) but 1or 2 like minded folks are always welcome to join.
That sounds great. Look forward to hear about any plans.

As for parking in Sankri, I just had to park on the main (and only) road that goes through the side. There were a few travellers and Boleros parked on the mountain side of the road and the people at the guesthouse suggested I park behind one of them on the mountain side of the road. The centre stand really comes in handy for this. The Xpulse doesn't have a centre stand, right? My brother has one in Nepal and he bemoans its lack.
karanddd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 23:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
As for parking in Sankri, I just had to park on the main (and only) road that goes through the side. There were a few travellers and Boleros parked on the mountain side of the road and the people at the guesthouse suggested I park behind one of them on the mountain side of the road. The centre stand really comes in handy for this. The Xpulse doesn't have a centre stand, right? My brother has one in Nepal and he bemoans its lack.
Sounds like parking is a risky affair in Sankri. Kharkiya had proper organized parking space. I have witnessed some scary parking scenes few years back at Govindghat, start for Sri Hemkund Sahib Trek. Bikes randomly dumped on road, most of them flat on ground - it was a real mess.

Xpulse does have a center stand as an official accessory costing approx Rs. 500-600. You can send to your brother via courier if feasible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks