Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 10:40   #16
BHPian

Re: A drive to Yercaud during the lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Can you share the resort details here in the group itself. It will help everyone
This is Grand Palace Yerkad, have stayed here in 2015.

It is a decent one, highlight being this is at THE highest point of the hillstation and offers good views all around.

GRT Nature trails is also a good one to consider, have stayed there too. Has a bigger property area with well appointed cottages/rooms.

Disclaimer: not associated to either one
Old 1st October 2021, 11:53   #17

Salem is my hometown. Yercaud is a nice weekend getaway. From late sixties , had been to Yercaud ‘n’ number of times by all means of transport, Bicycle, Scooter, Motorcycle, Timber trucks, Bus and Car. The thrill of climbing down the hill is at a different level.
In those days there were only two places to stay, upmarket Hotel Shervaroys and Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation Hotel. TTDC Hotel has both rooms and dormitory.
For us it is only a day trip. Go up in the morning and be down before Sun sets. From a small village, Yercaud has now developed into a full fledged Resort Town. The already beautiful Yercaud has become more beautiful when seen thru Others’ eyes.
Now it is more than ten years since I last visited the place, as I am currently staying in a different city. Thank you for bringing up the nostalgic memories.
Umash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:11   #18
BHPian

Its Grand Palace Hotel and Spa, Yercaud.
There is no need to visit many view points. As this itself is perched on a mountaintop.
Old 30th May 2022, 22:51   #19
BHPian

Planning to drive down to Yercaud in third week of June2022 for a day's trip from Bangalore in my Honda City ZX automatic - any tips from fellow BHPians for driving on the loop road? Hope automatic would suffice and paddle shifters not required while climbing uphill?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks