Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 18:30   #16
BHPian

Re: A short trip to Big Banyan Tree and "The Village Resort"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
EDIT: I remember Addy saying that the same dam road leads to Magadi road and folks use that to save about 20Km on the way to NH48!
I think thats the same road which @fauji was referring to.
Exactly. Before NICE Road, this was a better route to goto NH-48 from Bangalore South (read as if you can reach ORR between Kanakapura Road and Mysore Road easily).

You may check with these search options in GoogleMaps:
A: Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
B: Big Banyan Tree, Bengaluru, Karnataka
C: Thippagondahalli Reservoir, Karnataka

And just off the above route, you can see "Manchanabele Reservoir" too, inviting you for a week-end trip once you had a look at the snaps here :-)
Old 19th May 2011, 18:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
And just off the above route, you can see "Manchanabele Reservoir" too, inviting you for a week-end trip once you had a look at the snaps here :-)
Sure would love to do one weekend trip to these places. The area in the morning hours at sunrise would look even better!
Old 24th June 2012, 00:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sure would love to do one weekend trip to these places. The area in the morning hours at sunrise would look even better!
Planning for a sun-set there tomorrow!

I'll post an update once I return!
Old 24th June 2012, 23:56   #19
BHPian

MODS: Please update my previous post if you can - I don't see options for me to do so.

Guys, just back from one amazing drive+time+trip with friends!

Banyan tree is now a very well maintained park with a temple in it! Heard the tree succumbed to some natural disease a while ago. Looks like there are couple of banyan trees around. Not worth a drive either as this comes very close to Kengeri and the roads are full of speed breakers! If you want to spend some time off with your family in some park and mix it with a short drive, worth a visit!

If you really wanted to see a bigger banyan tree, worth visiting Mannemaradu in AP (some 100 kms from Horsley Hills which inturn is about 150 kms from B'lore - really worth a drive) - but I'd save that for a seperate thread!

After visiting banyan tree, we wanted to visit manchinabelle reservoir and spend some time there and planned watching sunset. But couple of Cops are around and don't really permit anyone to visit. Heard from the localites that you can visit here during weekdays, but the area is very secluded and an element of anti-social activities!

Hopes flying high atleast with Savanadurga, ended up landing there under the hot sun which made us retreat to see if we can enter manchinabelle dam again - Negative!

We landed in Kamat Lokachari restaurant for lunch at 5 PM and waiting with hopes on Ramanagara hills to see the sunset admist clouds - Nature disappointed us, but overall felt nice driving my friend's Zen Estilo and watch her making faces when I make "that" overtake on a highway!
Waggy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks