Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2021, 06:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church

One mention of this location and everyone's photography hats come pouring down! Nice to see so many folks have had their steeds snapped at this location. (Including the bicycle!)

Coming back to the original post the Harrier definitely seems an awesome highway cruiser. Also I can see some of the angles nicely hide how big the beast is and accentuate its design elements!

Hope to see many more of this car on the highways.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Re: A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Wow. Lovely location. The red colour of the Harrier and the green background makes for superb pictures.

Lovely write-up and photos. Keep it up.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot blackwasp. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Wonderful and crisp travelogue!
I love Settihalli for its location. Its beautiful and unique
Thanks arijitkanrar. Indeed location was the main highlight and the colour of Harrier just complements the location. Your Figo looks nice against the church backdrop, Wish I would have got the chance to drive till church as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Amazing pictures - I wouldn’t be surprised if your Harrier is featured on Tata Motors’s social media accounts!

Thanks to such TBHP Travelogues, we come to know of uncommon/offbeat locations which I would love to visit myself!

Hope your kid enjoyed the journey and love to see you introducing him to road trips at such a young age.

PS - What’s it like to drive a UP car in Bangalore? Do you run into cops often?
Thanks EightSix. Still waiting for Tata Motor's to feature these pictures
I'm driving a UP registered car here in Bangalore since last five years. My another car also bears Ghaziabad registration no., No issues with the cops till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Our estate is 2 kms from the Shettihalli Church & we take every opportunity to visit during Sunset. It is magical during the Golden Hour, if you ignore the usual trash and broken bottles.
I was thinking to stay there till sunset, big fan of sunset views. But it would have been too late for me to reach Bangalore. Next time I will try to plan on witnessing the golden hour magic. You are lucky to have a estate near by

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Stunning pictures. I hope the place was as beautiful as the pictures. Could you share the location and how to reach here?

Also, I am in a similar situation where I would be buying the vehicle from Gujarat. Are you facing any problems from the local cops for the out of state vehicle? I am not sure if i will stay in Karnataka for long and hence buying from GJ makes sense as I save a really good amount doing so.
Indeed the place was beautiful. No camera can do the justice with nature, not even post processing. You can get your car from Gujarat without any issues, there is no issue with out of state vehicles anymore, used to be a thing in past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, Locals have dug-up deep trenches what was earlier a road. Its also to avoid people going there for drinks at night, etc.

I cycled from my home town Hassan one early morning in Oct 24th, even to get bicycle down the trench it was not easy task, carried it in my hand.

Looks like lot of water receded in these 3 months.
People littering places with bottles is an issue with all the infamous tourist places. Your steed looks great against this backdrop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy. Quite a memorable trip, but for the speed breakers first by the cops and second by those trenches. In fact, the trip has been made more memorable through teambhp for us all.

Lately, have been sighting quite a few Tata Harriers on the roads. We expect the SUV to be very successful with its solid Tata build and with the new Tata's hassle free reliability.
Since I have placed my bets on Tata Harrier, hope the ownership experience turns out to be great and reliable as well. At the moment, I have my Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And this is the same Shettihalli Church in September.
Glad you shared this photo. This place looks a lot different and water level is extremely high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Wow! Awesome photos! The Harrier looks absolutely stunning on those locations. There is something really special about red cars on green backgrounds. And the Harrier looks especially beautiful in red. Congratulations on this car and looking forward to many more travelogues with beautiful photos.

Could not resist sharing a couple of photos of my car along with the Jetta of my friend and bhpian tilt, at that location, taken back in 2016. How I wish I had something red to photograph there that time :-)
Thank you Dr.AD. I have a thing for red cars and this long pending wish of owning a red car fulfilled recently. Thanks for sharing your memory, both the cars look fabulous. This time you should take your red F30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Fantastic pictures of a drool-worthy car! Trust me - a lot of us are going to just keep scrolling to look at the pictures. You might well just have posted photos without text. I for once just looked at the photos multiple times & then read it afterwards much later! Excellent angles, settings (and post processing?) there. I haven't seen this good pictures of the Harrier in Tata's official material also yet. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Reinhard! I keenly follow your Nexon and related DIY threads. Since all the photos were clicked in RAW, most of them are post processed except the one clicked by phone. Super glad that you like the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
That's one handsome SUV, just love the shade. For me, its either one of the camo or dark colours, or this.

As for the location, I had a chance to visit the place en route to Udipi from Chennai, during Christmas time in 2019.
Agreed. Camo and Dark edition looks fabulous too. But I was enamored by the use of Oakwood Brown Colour. Hence, choose this one over the other two.
Thank you for sharing the picture though.

Last edited by Highh5 : 6th February 2021 at 11:29.
Highh5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One mention of this location and everyone's photography hats come pouring down! Nice to see so many folks have had their steeds snapped at this location. (Including the bicycle!)

Coming back to the original post the Harrier definitely seems an awesome highway cruiser. Also I can see some of the angles nicely hide how big the beast is and accentuate its design elements!

Hope to see many more of this car on the highways.
I bet, Harrier just eat up miles like it does eat up all the road undulations and humps. Enjoying the highway runs thoroughly.
And I simply love the congregation of photos shared by the fellow bhpians.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 12:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I was thinking to stay there till sunset, big fan of sunset views. But it would have been too late for me to reach Bangalore. Next time I will try to plan on witnessing the golden hour magic. You are lucky to have a estate near by
Next time you should just extend the trip Adibylu Ranganathaswamy Temple which is just 12 kms away.

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-screenshot-20210206-121122.jpg

The views of the Hemavathi River are just breath taking at sunset and sunrise. These are just some photos taken with a smartphone camera.

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img_1696.jpg

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img_1688.jpg

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img_1820.jpg
car_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 14:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
You can notice the church in the background.
Attachment 2118275
Awesome travelogue @Highh5, relived lots of old memories through your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post

PS - What’s it like to drive a UP car in Bangalore? Do you run into cops often?
A high court ruling allowed stays of Outside registered car in KA for up to 11 months. As long as you have valid documents and can convince the authorities about you are not planning a long stay you are OK. I was personally never stopped for out station number plate in 4 years of stay in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
I don't want to hijack your thread, so I'll post just one pic of our drive their back in Nov 2016.

Attachment 2118316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Could not resist sharing a couple of photos of my car along with the Jetta of my friend and bhpian tilt, at that location, taken back in 2016. How I wish I had something red to photograph there that time :-)
Lots of posts from around 2016, seems a very popular destination around that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Place is a photographer's paradise, with varying water levels through out the year, one will always find a different layout on every visit.

This place was my usual journey break, during my Bangalore - Kabini / Coorg trips. I always find Bangalore - Hassan - Kabini route faster & convenient compared to usual Bangalore - Mysore - Kabini route.

And my contribution from 2016 as well

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-capture-1.png

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-dsc04806.jpg
Aniket Verma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 18:41   #21
BHPian

Beautiful snaps Highh5. Shettihalli Church always gives a great backdrop for our cars. One from my side:
Attached Thumbnails
A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img20210206wa0017.jpg  

livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 19:53   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write-up with some excellent pics of your Harrier!

And nice trip details captured in MID like top speed, seat belt utlization, acceleration, % of speed above 120 kmph, braking etc.

We did a similar drive some time in 2015 and from then on Shettihalli has been one of our favourite location for short drives. Here is a write-up from our drive in 2015, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...wist-plot.html (A morning drive to Shettihalli (Rosary Church Ruins)...with a twist in the plot)

And here is a pic from one of our latest drive :-)

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-2.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 12:39   #23
BHPian

Nice write-up and photos of your Harrier makes me drool over it!
Photos from my visit in 2018.
A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img_20180407_171244.jpg

A day out with my Tata Harrier aka Optimus Prime | Bangalore to Shettihalli Church-img_20180407_173759.jpg
Baby Ciaz in front of the Church

Funny thing is, though it is a common getaway place, every visit to the place feels different from the previous one. The photos of Shettihalli Church put by each bhpian here looks different from each other
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 16:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Next time you should just extend the trip Adibylu Ranganathaswamy Temple which is just 12 kms away.

The views of the Hemavathi River are just breathtaking at sunset and sunrise. These are just some photos taken with a smartphone camera.
Thanks for sharing this car_addict. Will try to witness the magical sunset next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Beautiful snaps Highh5. Shettihalli Church always gives a great backdrop for our cars. One from my side:
Thanks a lot livetodrive. Your Abarth is looking equally rad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nice write-up with some excellent pics of your Harrier!

And nice trip details captured in MID like top speed, seat belt utlization, acceleration, % of speed above 120 kmph, braking etc.

We did a similar drive some time in 2015 and from then on Shettihalli has been one of our favourite location for short drives.
Thank you arun_josie. I follow your Jeep Compass thread very keenly and the idea of visiting this place is taken up from your thread only. I know you log a lot of miles with Scarlett and always look for updates on your ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
Nice write-up and photos of your Harrier makes me drool over it!
Thanks, Abhinav V. This was my first visit to this place, yet to witness this place in monsoon. Your Ciaz looks cool with the Church in the background.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks