Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 10:46   #16
BHPian

Re: The Birds of Dandeli & Ganeshgudi

@procrj: Thanks for the travelogue. Excellent pics.

3 queries:
1. White water rafting - Will there be enough water to carry out rafting in April 1st week or so?
2. Kali Tiger Reserve - any chatter you hear on the tiger sighting or the black panther? Is it really elusive or there have been recent instances?
3. Do we need to go through Jungle Lodges & Resorts only for the safaris?

Thanks.
Old 7th March 2021, 01:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
1. White water rafting - Will there be enough water to carry out rafting in April 1st week or so?
As long as there is water discharge from Supa dam. Check KSNMDC site for stats on water discharge from Supa dam.
Quote:
2. Kali Tiger Reserve - any chatter you hear on the tiger sighting or the black panther? Is it really elusive or there have been recent instances?
The last time a big cat was sighted in KTR was Jan 1st week AFAIK.
Quote:
3. Do we need to go through Jungle Lodges & Resorts only for the safaris?
No, Forest Dept also runs jeep safaris and they charge about ~450 per person. Only catch is they need 6 people for a jeep before they start the safari. I dont think you can book this safari online, will need to get to the safari start point and book in person.
Old 15th March 2021, 19:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
As long as there is water discharge from Supa dam. Check KSNMDC site for stats on water discharge from Supa dam.
The last time a big cat was sighted in KTR was Jan 1st week AFAIK.
No, Forest Dept also runs jeep safaris and they charge about ~450 per person. Only catch is they need 6 people for a jeep before they start the safari. I dont think you can book this safari online, will need to get to the safari start point and book in person.
Thanks procrj for the inputs
Old 17th March 2021, 16:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
The Pics are wornderful and i did attended the Hornbill festival in dandeli somewhere in 2018 with my UK manager and i had been to the old magzine house and had pictured some good pics. currently i have couple of pics in my laptop. ).
The 2nd image looks like a Bohemian waxwing. Don't think its found in India. Perhaps from one of your trips aborad ?

Last edited by umang dutt : 17th March 2021 at 16:44. Reason: changed name of bird from Cedar Waxwing to Bohemian waxwing
Old 25th December 2021, 10:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
On the whole, OMH was an amazing experience and I am definitely planning to go back again...
Any idea if OMH allow walk-ins, for breakfast or lunch and spend sometime around. Have not made any booking, just planning for a drive around Dandeli region. Maps shows that Dandeli region is crowded with so many resorts/lodges, not sure what is good. Any other suggestions for a brief stopover during the drive ?

Last edited by mankuthimma : 25th December 2021 at 10:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks