Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:43   #1
BANNED

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)

This was a sudden plan to visit the SOU by train this time but not by car. This was to have experience of train travel for kids especially by one of the special Coach which is altogether different.
On the morning of 25th Feb 2021, I and Friend were discussing going for a picnic somewhere around Baroda. On hearing Picnic word, kids started shouting and they were requesting to go somewhere which can be a memory for them.
My friend suddenly told me that, there is a special train with a special coach attached to Jan Shatabdi Express, the train starts from Ahmedabad till Kevadiya (Statue of Unity). I was keen to know about the train and searched on the internet to get some more details about the same.
I got to know that IRCTC has started a special train from Ahmedabad to Kevadiya, Train details are mentioned below.
JAN SHATABDI EX (09247) running every day from Ahmedabad to Kevadiya and timings are 0755 & 1520. You can book the ticket at your convenience.
Now this was my 5th trip to SOU but this time it was by train to experience the Anubhuti Coach (Note: while booking the ticket please make sure you book the ticket for EA class.)

Now coming to the planning part of the Picnic.

At first, I was not aware of that which class we need to book the ticket for Anubhuti Coach, so I and my friend went to the railway station at Vadodara as it was near our residence and got all the details. Previously the when we went to the railway station we decided that we will book the tickets from there itself, but by seeing the queue there at the ticket counter, we decided to book it online after reaching home once we have all the details about the Coach.

We came back home, open up the laptop, and input the details about the Source and Destination and the date which was 27th February 2021.
My face was looking happy as we got the ticket available. Now comes another part for the SOU ticket availability as I had read on its website that there will not be any offline tickets available at the place. So, we opened up the “soutickets.in” to book the ticket for the viewing gallery and other attractions which were especially for the kids.
By cross verifying all the details of availability of tickets on the train as well at SOU attraction, we have started booking the tickets.
First, we booked the tickets for the Train which was most IMP as that Anubhuti Coach is a single coach on the whole train.

We booked the ticket on train# 09247, the boarding point was Vadodara Railway Station and the departure time from Vadodara was 0910. We got all the confirmed tickets and the Coach was denoted as “EV” in tickets.

Ticket Fare from Vadodara to Kevadiya was 650/- INR per person. Fare and other train details are as below.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-1.jpg

Now the second part of the booking is for SOU and other nearby attractions which were as below.
1.SOU entry ticket & Viewing gallery (if you purchase ticket for viewing gallery then you don’t require to purchase the entry ticket separately, this ticket include the BUS travel starting from the Entry point of SOU campus till return after seeing all the attraction as per your booking.)
2.Children’s nutrition Park
3.Jungle Safari
4.Unity Glow Garden
5.Ekta Cruise

One can check the details about the attraction and their timings on the website as well. ( https://www.soutickets.in/)
For My Friend, we have book the ticket along with the viewing gallery, and for my family, we booked only the entry ticket as we had been to the Viewing gallery multiple times.

Pease makes a note of one point that, there is a Laser show which has some audiovisuals about Sardar Patel which will get projected on the statue itself, to watch that show, there are two places from where you can see it and for the same you need have it specified in your ticket. Make sure while booking the ticket of SOU entry & Viewing gallery you have to mark the Projection Mapping -SOU Campus (better place to watch the Laser show from near the Statue.) If that has not been specified in your ticket then you would not be allowed to enter into SOU campus if you went outside after your first entry for the viewing gallery as shown in the below picture.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-2.jpg

We selected the number of people and the attraction in which we are interested so see them.
Now the next was to book the return tickets as well via train only, for which we have selected the train starts from Kevadiya till Mumbai (Dadar), details are as shown below.
As the return time was in the evening we didn’t bother to book the tickets in AC coach but from my experience, I would say to book the ticket in AC coach only, Because the route through which trains travel to and from Kevadiya having some bad smells which can make you uncomfortable.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-3.jpg

Until above, it was all about the planning, now comes the day of travel. I will narrate the same along with some pictures which have been taken.
Our scheduled departure was at 0910 Hrs so we planned to reach the Railway station of Vadodara at 0800 Hrs only.
Once we reached the Railway Station, I spotted one RE Himalayan was getting transported via Railway to its destination.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-4.jpg

After waiting for the train for an hour, we were happy after seeing our train coming on the platform.
Especially kids, waiting for their first ride to the train.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-5.jpg

We settled down on our seat as per the reservation and started getting “Anubhuti” (meaning is feelings) about the special coach.
Link to the video uploaded on YouTube.

After we settled down, we started capturing the inside views and photos for the memory of a journey.

Here we are excited to enjoy our travel which is going to be started soon.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-6.jpg
(We have taken the utmost care about the COVID, but for the photo, we had removed our mask.)

The photo below is with our friend as well.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-7.jpg

Our little one is enjoying her first Train journey along with some photo sessions frequently.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-8.jpg

Below is the link to the video which was captured from inside of the Anubhuti Coach.

Below is the view captured from the seat. The special thing about the Coach seats is that you can turn them towards the window as well for a better view. It has also having a facility of rotating towards the other side as well so that you can club it with your family to seat. Seats were having the standard charging point, a table which you can extract from the Centre Armrest to enjoy your food as well.
You can pre-book the meal as well which will get served to you on-board.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-9.jpg

The journey from Vadodara to Kevadiya Railway station will take around 1.5 hrs which has some good scenic views which you can enjoy.
Our train was running on time and as per the scheduled arrival, we did reach Kevadiya at the scheduled time which was 1040 hrs.
The whole route starting from Vadodara to Kevadiya was developed in a very short time along with the all-new Railway station at Kevadiya (Still some work is going on at the Kevadiya Railway station).

We reach Kevadiya on time and I was astonished after seeing the railway station and the nearby which was well cleaned.

Few clicks of the outside view from the Kevadiya Railway station.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-10.jpg

Opposite to Railway station, there is a Resort for the stay which would be more convenient for the travelers.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-11.jpg
Above is the Kevadiya Railway station.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-12.jpg
National Flag outside the Kevadiya Station.
pd_scorpio is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:59   #2
BANNED

re: Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)

Outside the railway station, you can get Auto which will take approximately 20INR to 30INR per person to reach SOU parking from where you can take a bus which is provided by SOU authorities to go to multiple attractions around SOU.

We reached the point from where we can get Bus to go to attractions. (Note: previously it was the only bus that was allowed no other private vehicles were allowed, but now you can go via private vehicles which you can park at the designated parking. But make sure you don’t park it or leave it as it is on the road otherwise traffic police will lock or toe your vehicle which might be another problem for you.

We have started to watch our first attraction which was the Children’s nutrition park as it was just opp. To the first parking.

Attachment 2127683
It has Toy train for your little one to enjoy.

Attachment 2127684
The above photo was captured from outside on our return to the Kevadiya railway station.

I did not capture much of the photographs initially as I was to enjoy the place. But then I thought that I would write down my experience for other friends and family which can be helpful for their trip to SOU.

After the Nutrition park, we boarded the bus and dropped off at the main attraction which itself is a Statue of Sardar Patel. We got into the campus by getting verified our tickets at the entrance and straight away we went to the cafeteria. We all were hungry and we had our kids with us. (other than a water bottle, ladies’ purse, mobile, and camera nothing is allowed. You can keep your bag or belongings at the locker facility available at the helipad site or you can keep it in your car as well if you are traveling by private vehicle.) The ticket which you get is a single entry ticket. If your tickets denote that you have a Projection Mapping at SOU campus then only you will be allowed to enter a second time in the evening before the laser show.

Let’s get back on track, once we entered the cafeteria, we found that it was very heavy crowded. So, we found a safe corner place by keeping enough distance as a precaution and ordered our food. You will have a good option there. i.e. Starbucks, Hocco eatery, Subway, Honest, Amul Ice-cream parlor. (Amul Parlour and few others are spread across the SOU campus and nearby) The prices of the food are comparatively high which we can expect at the tourist place. We order a fixed lunch, Pav bhaji, and Pulao which had good taste.

Few clicks from outside the cafeteria.

Attachment 2127685

Attachment 2127686
The above benches will get utilized in the evening for the Laser show (Projection Mapping is what they will mention in your tickets)

Attachment 2127687

After a good lunch, we headed towards the main entry point for the statue.
Once you clear the mandatory security check, you can see the GIANT statue of Sardar Patel.

Attachment 2127688
The good thing about the place is that you don’t have to walk much everywhere there are escalators till the foot of Sardar Patel. So elder people as well kids won’t get bored and they can enjoy the place.

Once you enter the Museum you will be welcome with the small statue of Sardar Patel.
Note: this photo was captured from my first trip to SOU, putting here just for the ref.
Attachment 2127689

Attachment 2127690
Another one in the same area. (our Friend’s family in the frame.)
pd_scorpio is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:07   #3
BANNED

As I mentioned previously, this was my 5th trip to SOU, I didn’t book the viewing gallery ticket, it was just my friend’s family who went to the viewing gallery. I do not have pictures from the viewing gallery but I will put them from my previous trips for your reference.

Attachment 2127693

Now, the places where you see those hard rocks have been filled by the water from the dam to get other attractions like the Ekta cruise along with Dinner in it and many other adventures.

While my friend was enjoying at viewing gallery, we were taking a rest inside the museum and chilling thereby capturing some photographs.

Attachment 2127694
Attachment 2127695

You can also find many other places to enjoy and to know much more things about Sardar Patel and his work for the nation. Also, there is one place where you can take an auth as well. (Auth’s test is pre-defined from which you can select the desired one.)

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-25.jpg

Once they came back from the viewing gallery, we headed towards the Sardar’s foot. Where we took some photographs which you can enjoy here.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-26.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-27.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-28.jpg

Once you reach this place you will realize how GIANT it is, of which we as an Indian can take a proud in it.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-29.jpg
From the top, you can see the cruise floating around.

Once we came out of the statue, it was a time for our cruise (Ekta Cruise) which will take you to a point from where you can have a great look at the statue. (Sorry: the photos which were captured from the cruise were deleted by my little one when I gave my phone to her to watch some videos.) But yes, the view is great and I would request you to experience it once if you are visiting this place.

The entrance for the Ekta cruise is just outside / beside the entrance of the cafeteria.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-30.jpg
Here, how it looks from the top near to the cafeteria.

Once we completed the Cruise ride, we boarded the bus again to reach Jungle safari. (Buses which roam in SOU campus are Air-conditioned buses, so in summer also it would be comfortable if you don’t have the private vehicle with you)
Below is the entrance of the Jungle Safari for which Kids were excited to go inside.
In Jungle safari, you can see the Asiatic Lion, Bengal Tiger, Leopard, etc. Few clicks from the Jungle safari here onwards.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-31.jpg
pd_scorpio is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:39   #4
BANNED

Continuing with our Jungle Safari...

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-33min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-34min.jpg

We got into the minibus kind of electric car which can accommodate 12 people at once. (This is a big golf car which will take you to some other attraction inside the jungle safari easily for which you don’t have to pay anything extra from your pocket.)

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-35min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-36min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-37min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-38min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-39min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-40min.jpg

Once we completed the track we came back to a place within Jungle safari itself where you can take some rest if you are tired. (obviously, we were tired). Below is the place where you can have some rest and can carry forward with the onward journey. Meanwhile, I and my Friend were taking a rest, wife and kids were enjoying the artificial waterfall nearby.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-41min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-42min.jpg

This is how the parking looks like where you can park your vehicles without any parking fees.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-43min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-44min.jpg
This is the same place where you can be drop-off or you can board the train to and from for other attractions

Besides the Parking there are two attractions one is Valley of Flower and another one is Glow garden.

Valley of Flower will be open from morning till evening around 1900hrs. Glow garden will get open from 1800hrs till 2200hrs.

Few photographs from the entrance of the valley of Flowers, I didn’t go inside as we all had seen it once.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-45min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-46min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-47min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-48min.jpg

Now it was the time for the Laser show but we didn’t have that specification for the Projection Inside the SOU campus we have to see the Laser show a little bit far from the SOU campus but still, it was visible.

We settled down at a place from where we can see the laser show clearly and easily.

Few photographs from the place where we have enjoyed the laser show.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-49min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-50min.jpg

You can see how people have gathered around to see the laser show.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-51min.jpg

A good shot of the laser show which was getting projected on the Statue itself.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-52min.jpg

Meanwhile, when the laser show was going on, on your back you can see some good lights on the Sardar Sarovar Dam as well.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-53min.jpg

Now, comes the best part for the children which was Unity Glow Garden which gets started at 1800hrs till 2200hrs.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-54min.jpg

My little pumpkin enjoying the dancing circle with some bits.
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-55min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-56min.jpg

link to the video for the Glow Garden.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-57min.jpg

There is some other good lighting place inside the Unity Glow garden as well, where you can capture some great memories.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-58min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-59min.jpg
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-60min.jpg

The entrance of the Valley Of Flower in the night. ( cars outside the gates were of officials who were on a visit to SOU)
Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-61min.jpg

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-62min.jpg
We Four capturing some good memories.
pd_scorpio is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:46   #5
BANNED

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-63min.jpg

And at last, we started our journey back home via train only.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-64min.jpg
Our little one was looking tired but she was not, she was sad that now she has to head back home.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-65min.jpg
At last inside the train in the upper seat enjoying with her friend.

Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)-66min.jpg
This was the parting shot of the Kevadiya Railway station in the night.

We reached Vadodara back at around 2200hrs dead tired but hungry as well. Because we did not have a private vehicle with us so that we can go out for dinner so we decided to get some snacks for the kids and will have late dinner once we reach Vadodara.

After reaching Vadodara we headed towards Ratri Bazaar to have our late-night dinner post which we can go home.
We reached Home around 2400hrs, dead tired ending with our one-day picnic.

Summary of thing to make a note of it.

1.If you want to see all the attraction, you need a minimum of 2 full days at SOU, that means you need to plan for the stay.
2.If you have a private vehicle, that would be good to roam around easily and comfortably.
3.If you want to watch the laser show, please make sure the point which was mentioned in the early part of this, where you have to specify the place from where you want to enjoy the laser show. I would recommend watching it from the SOU campus only.
By any chance, if you have mentioned “No Interested” while booking the ticket, you won't be allowed to go inside the SOU campus in the evening at the time of the Laser show.
4.There are multiple options for the stay varying the range from 3000INR to 20000INR per night. (Costly is Tent city)
5.Plan it well in Advance and book your tickets online so that you don’t have to bother once you reach there.
6.On the website, they mentioned that No off-line tickets are sold but I have seen authorized places where you can get the tickets.
7.Waste of Money in Express entry unless you are taking it for Senior Citizen. Having an Express Entry ticket means you don’t have to wait in any queues.

I hope you have enjoyed reading, questions or suggestions are always welcome.
pd_scorpio is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:25   #6
BHPian

Excellent travelogue thanks for sharing this with us.

Infrastructure looks amazing unlike other places of interest and looks very well maintained.

Very inspiring and seems more convenient to travel by train than car.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:32   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Excellent travelogue thanks for sharing this with us.
Yes, traveling by train is good if you have more time bandwidth available with you...

As I mentioned, you need minimum of two full days to enjoy all the attractions.
pd_scorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 14:44   #8
BHPian

Re: Visiting the Statue Of Unity GJ by train (Anubhuti Luxury Coach)

Nice travelogue! I am also looking forward to visiting the SOU. What kind of safety precautions are maintained during the railway journey?
Old 4th March 2021, 15:48   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
Nice travelogue! I am also looking forward to visiting the SOU. What kind of safety precautions are maintained during the railway journey?
As such I did not find it, I would suggest taking care of ourselves only . Taking some extra care.

What other thing I observed is that most of the seats are empty in all the coaches. Not sure if that is the way they are taking precautions.
pd_scorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:53   #10
BHPian

Really nice travelogue Poorwang bhai! This will be helpful in planning a trip to SOU shortly. I want to travel once by the Anubhuti class trains and Tejas Express as well but the convenience of driving there by your own car is unbeatable. The roads are nice I believe and it is also possible to make a stop at the nearby temples of Kuber Bhandari and Nilkanthdham (Poicha).
targaryen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks