Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 06:34   #16
BHPian

re: Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car

Wow. Thank you for this post. The pictures are stunning and City looks lovely in every angle.

Quick question: Did the car feel under-tyred during any point in your trip?

I’ve been planning to buy City ZX CVT whenever I move to Bangalore in the post pandemic world and some of my friends are suggesting to swap the OEM tyres with 195/55 Michelin’s right away.
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:24   #17
BHPian

re: Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car

Thanks everyone for the appreciation! Feels good to share my experiences with people who share the same sentiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Wow. Thank you for this post. The pictures are stunning and City looks lovely in every angle.

Quick question: Did the car feel under-tyred during any point in your trip?

I’ve been planning to buy City ZX CVT whenever I move to Bangalore in the post pandemic world and some of my friends are suggesting to swap the OEM tyres with 195/55 Michelin’s right away.
I think a lot of it depends on where you are coming from i.e. which type of cars you have been driving previously. I was also initially considering this before taking the delivery but I have never felt the need till now. May be if you drive a little enthusiastically you might feel the need but I haven't done that yet.

Also, I thought if I am getting the top model, why make unnecessary modifications at this stage. Sensors are calibrated for 185/55 so even a minor change in the specs will lead to wrong speed/distance calculations. I'll consider it once this set is worn out.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

Lovely travelogue. Thanks for sharing! The first long drive in your first car must have been really memorable.

Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Longewala, Pokhran etc were in my radar when I was posted at Surat. Unfortunately we couldn’t visit these places. I did visit Udaipur during my courtship period to meet my wife whilst she was pursuing her masters and that was the only occasion I visited Udaipur. I have some fond memories of the place. Had some great food at local eateries, roamed around all the popular spots and stayed at a bank’s holiday home. The drive was fantastic on the 4-laned roads from Surat to Udaipur. As for the rest of the places, some day perhaps. (: My wife stays at Palanpur at the moment which is 300 km from Jodhpur; if that’s any consolation for me!

Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car-580bd062b5fa445e895198642026a136.jpeg

Wishing you a great ownership with the car!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:05   #19
BHPian

That car looks fabulous !!

Quick Question I am planing to visit Ranthambore next weekend, any recommendation on route suggestion on the blockages in between.

And did you face any low GC issues during the trip.
Old 21st March 2021, 13:23   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
The average speeds are just an estimation based on the cruising speeds.
For getting an average of 100, you should atleast have been maintaining a top cruising speed of 130-140. Usually with 100-110, the averages are always <80 kph, even with light traffic on typical 2+2 divided highway.

So if your top speed was 100-110, there is no way you got an average of 100 or even 95. Check the MID next time, it will show average speed for tripA or tripB, along with the FE for tripA and tripB.
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 17:34   #21

Thanks for your write-up. Honda City is an overall nice car.
Could you please share the performance of headlights and your experience and rating about it?
I own 4th gen Honda City I-Vtec and on highways when I maintain a consistent 75-90 speed range, it always ensures a smile on my face by providing 20+ kmpl mileage easily.
I am yet to check the new 1.5 Litres i-VTEC DOHC engine.
Old 21st March 2021, 18:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
think a lot of it depends on where you are coming from i.e. which type of cars you have been driving previously. I was also initially considering this before taking the delivery but I have never felt the need till now. May be if you drive a little enthusiastically you might feel the need but I haven't done that yet.
I’m used to driving the 2019 Verna petrol which was my company leased vehicle. I did take the test drive on the new City and didn’t notice anything alarming with respect to the slim tyre profile, except may be a little too much tyre noise than what I’m used to with the Verna. Also, I’m a sedate driver and barely go hard on the throttle. So I think I’d stick with the OEM tyres until it wears out too. Thanks for clarifying my doubts.

Drive safe,
Shibu Lijack.
Old 22nd March 2021, 00:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful car indeed. I too drive the 5th gen city in a CVT avatar. One of the Perks of having a City especially in the 5th gen make is that it is still a novel car & even now grabs eyeballs.

The only downside in an otherwise perfect car is that reverse cam and touchscreen unit. This car deserves a better unit.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 01:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
For getting an average of 100, you should atleast have been maintaining a top cruising speed of 130-140. Usually with 100-110, the averages are always <80 kph, even with light traffic on typical 2+2 divided highway.

So if your top speed was 100-110, there is no way you got an average of 100 or even 95. Check the MID next time, it will show average speed for tripA or tripB, along with the FE for tripA and tripB.

Though I completely agree with this through my own experience, but this time I would say you might be underestimating the Rajasthan Roads. Back in 2018, a trip from Jodhpur to Nagaur took me less than 1hr 45 mins for a distance of ~150 km, that's an average speed of ~85 kph. All this in my family's humble WagonR in which I would dare not cross 110-120 kph even on the emptiest of stretches. The roads there, at that time at least, were one of the smoothest ones and had very little traffic. On that day we covered ~500kms in around 8 hours (including two breaks) just because of these really good roads.
Old 22nd March 2021, 01:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Quick Question I am planing to visit Ranthambore next weekend, any recommendation on route suggestion on the blockages in between.

And did you face any low GC issues during the trip.
No idea regarding the route buddy. Didn't face any low GC issues though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rālugāyi View Post
Could you please share the performance of headlights and your experience and rating about it?
The LED Headlights are brilliant. The throw is dense and long. I moved to ZX primarily because of the headlights (and leather seat covers).
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 03:58   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
What you are saying is absolutely correct for most part of India, but as HR 16 has mentioned below, in Rajasthan you can drive at a max speed of 90 kmph and still get an average speed of more than 80 kmph over quite a long distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR 16 View Post
Though I completely agree with this through my own experience, but this time I would say you might be underestimating the Rajasthan Roads.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:41   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car

Damn, that's a good looking car. Absolutely loved some of the pictures of the white City with that "tinted glass" look. Sexy! Makes me crave for my standard black sunfilm so very much.

Seeing the empty roads, hotel pics and you guys chilling tempts me to head out for a road-trip right now. Our family loves holiday drives, and we hardly went anywhere in the last year due to this stupid Covid. 5-day road-trip coming up soon with a stay at an Airbnb .

Thanks for sharing.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car

Brought back memories of my Rajasthan trip. As coincidence as may want to call it, we stayed at Oasis camp and decided to move after a night and - wait, we stayed at Indana Palace at Jodhpur and what a hotel and experience we had. This was is 2016 and things were normal then.

Nice write up. Lovely pictures. Loved reading. Thanks for reviving my memories.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:24   #29
BHPian

The Honda City looks lovely and so sleek and high tech, without a shadow of a doubt. Honda engineers have truly taken the design of the vehicle several notches higher than the previous generation. Maybe if they gave it a 170 mm GC too (same as Amaze), all the talk about it scraping the road would be out of the window.

Loved your TL. I had been to Rajasthan in November 2019 and covered almost the same route. Brought back memories!
Attached Thumbnails
Exploring Rajasthan in a 5th-gen Honda City | First road trip with my first car-dsc_0026.jpg  

bosem123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:14   #30

Wonderful thread sir! Your wheels look classy and cool especially with the RJ backdrops!

Quick question: are the windows tinted from factory or are you using any 3M garware sun films? Or sunshades on the glasses?

Whatever they are they look very good indeed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks