Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2021, 17:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Organic Holi Colours of Neora Valley

What a fantastic travelogue. Rated the thread 5 stars for the sheer variety of birds that you managed to capture.

Reading through this, I was reminded of my trip to Mahananda and Latpanchor last year.
What a Biodiversity hotspot that part of India is.

Loved each and every pic. My personal favorites being Verditer Flycatcher (the very first image in the thread), Himalayan Shrike Babbler, Black faced Babbler, Little pied Flycatcher and Mrs. Gould's Sunbird. The resort and the views from there look awesome too.
ramnath_77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:07   #17
BHPian

Overwhelmed to read the log. Awesome find of birds and very skillful captures.

Learned a lot of birds name from this thread.

Rated 5 Star.
soumiksett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 23:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Astounding pictures turboNath, this takes some serious effort to come up with the set of pictures that you have managed to capture. The kind of patience and perseverance that bird photography entails, shows your dedication to the craft.

This account of Neora Valley will be celebrated in the years to come I am sure. I am so glad that I know someone who is so close to nature. At your age, I was blissfully unaware of such a treasure !! Keep clicking and please keep sharing such brilliant capture’s for us to cherish. Regards.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 14th April 2021 at 23:40.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 23:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archisman View Post
Delightful pics. Birds are so tough to see in urban landscape. These pics are sheer delight for the eyes
Thanks Archisman! Yes, that is sadly true.Their counts have dwindled in the recent past. It is truly a blessing to observe them in their natural habitat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnath_77 View Post
What a fantastic travelogue. Rated the thread 5 stars for the sheer variety of birds that you managed to capture.

Reading through this, I was reminded of my trip to Mahananda and Latpanchor last year.
What a Biodiversity hotspot that part of India is.

Loved each and every pic. My personal favorites being Verditer Flycatcher (the very first image in the thread), Himalayan Shrike Babbler, Black faced Babbler, Little pied Flycatcher and Mrs. Gould's Sunbird. The resort and the views from there look awesome too.

Thanks ramnath_77 ! Mahanananda WLS and nearby Latpanchar are incredibly rich birding hotspots with striking records of several elusive species. Did you get a chance to spot the Red headed Trogan ?
I had gone to the same belt in 2020 March and missed it. Thank you for the kind words !

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumiksett View Post
Overwhelmed to read the log. Awesome find of birds and very skillful captures.

Learned a lot of birds name from this thread.

Rated 5 Star.
Thanks soumiksett ! It is my pleasure to hold up a fraction of all the beautiful creatures that the mysterious forests of North Bengal host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Astounding pictures turboNath, this takes some serious effort to come up with the set of pictures that you have managed to capture. The kind of patience and perseverance that bird photography entails, shows your dedication to the craft.

This account of Neora Valley will be celebrated in the years to come I am sure. I am so glad that I know someone who is so close to nature. At your age, I was blissfully unaware of such a treasure !! Keep clicking and please keep sharing such brilliant capture’s for us to cherish. Regards.
Thank you ABHI_1512 for the kind words ! I find it incredibly rewarding when I get a shot of my favourite subject(s) after a long , long wait ! Minutes can easily turn into hours and days when you're in the hunt for a rare bird. I sincerely hope that I will carry this love for the years to come and present the same to my fellow nature loving compadres !
turboNath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 13:29   #20
BHPian

I think your thread, with its awesome collection of birds, can now be tagged along in the same vein as this (Mystical Borong - A Birder's Paradise) outstanding thread by Himadri Mondal.

You excellent photography, coupled with an energetic narration, stands out

Best Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 10:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post

Thanks ramnath_77 ! Mahanananda WLS and nearby Latpanchar are incredibly rich birding hotspots with striking records of several elusive species. Did you get a chance to spot the Red headed Trogan ?
I had gone to the same belt in 2020 March and missed it. Thank you for the kind words !
Yes turboNath i was lucky to sight the Red Headed Trogon (both male and female). However i could only get a few shots of the male which i shot sitting inside the car. Initially i didnt realize the female had also perched on a lower branch (since we were inside the car). However when i stepped out of the car from the other side, i realized the female was also there on a lower branch. But by the time i could take position and focus, she was gone

With your permission, posting an image of the Red Headed Trogon (male).
This is heavily cropped and i have also removed a couple of distrating twigs.

Organic Holi Colours of Neora Valley-red-headed-trogon2.jpg
ramnath_77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 22:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I think your thread, with its awesome collection of birds, can now be tagged along in the same vein as this (Mystical Borong - A Birder's Paradise) outstanding thread by Himadri Mondal.

You excellent photography, coupled with an energetic narration, stands out

Best Regards,
Sayak
Thanks sayakc for the kind words ! That is one incredible thread on Borong and its birds (of paradise, I might add). I have already made a ‘mental’ plan for our Borong trip. Hope to embark on it as soon as covid settles down a bit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnath_77 View Post
Yes turboNath i was lucky to sight the Red Headed Trogon (both male and female). However i could only get a few shots of the male which i shot sitting inside the car. Initially i didnt realize the female had also perched on a lower branch (since we were inside the car). However when i stepped out of the car from the other side, i realized the female was also there on a lower branch. But by the time i could take position and focus, she was gone

With your permission, posting an image of the Red Headed Trogon (male).
This is heavily cropped and i have also removed a couple of distrating twigs.

Attachment 2145545
Ah ! That is an incredible close shot of the elusive masterpiece ramnath_77. I went through your thread and loved all the pictures. Do let me know if you’re coming to North Bengal / Sikkim for any future birding trips. Will definitely tag along . Thanks for sharing !
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:50   #23
BHPian

What brilliant photography. Every picture is so detailed.
Words can't express the pleasure of scrolling through these pictures. You Sir have done justice to the birds.
Thanks for sharing all the detailed planning and execution of travel.
Keep traveling and birding and sharing such wonderful memories.
Old 5th May 2021, 10:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post

Ah ! That is an incredible close shot of the elusive masterpiece ramnath_77. I went through your thread and loved all the pictures. Do let me know if you’re coming to North Bengal / Sikkim for any future birding trips. Will definitely tag along . Thanks for sharing !
thanks turboNath. I would be quite happy to join you on a North East birding trip whenever possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks