Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 11:36   #16
BHPian

Re: When I met Kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
@ turbospooler wow can almost feel the chill fresh air from your photo
Thats a to do the next time to hop on the bus as it looked amazing and was probably a great way to explore Srinagar.Is the frequency good enough that you can actually explore a place and then still not have to wait too long to hop on to the next bus very much how it is in any city abroad?
Cheers.
The Hop-On-Hop-Off (HOHO) bus is only from Dal Lake Gate (or Ghat) no 1 to Nishat Gardens. I don't think it would be very much safe to have a HOHO bus coursing through such a sensitive city.
There are 2 busses starting 30 mins apart from each place.
Fare is INR 100/- and the best time is in the evening when the sun is setting as you can enjoy the open top deck. Some passengers turned the bus in a party bus as loud Punjabi music blares through the sound system!
Was definitely a nice experience in the evening.

Quote:
Are you planning on a winter trek this year? Had done Dayara Bhugyal this January.

Cheers.
I will not be able to go on any further treks as I will not get any days off. But let me still see if it is possible to squeeze a small trek.
I will definitely check out Dayara Bhugyal
Thanks for the suggestion
Old 24th October 2021, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Re: When I met Kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The Hop-On-Hop-Off (HOHO) bus is only from Dal Lake Gate (or Ghat) no 1 to Nishat Gardens. I don't think it would be very much safe to have a HOHO bus coursing through such a sensitive city.
There are 2 busses starting 30 mins apart from each place.
Fare is INR 100/- and the best time is in the evening when the sun is setting as you can enjoy the open top deck. Some passengers turned the bus in a party bus as loud Punjabi music blares through the sound system!
Was definitely a nice experience in the evening.

I will not be able to go on any further treks as I will not get any days off. But let me still see if it is possible to squeeze a small trek.
I will definitely check out Dayara Bhugyal
Thanks for the suggestion
I guess going on an open bus with groovy music and a cool pretty city should be fun.Wonder after the recent happenings when that would be possible again?

The ever popular Sandakphu and Kedarkanta are the other options.

Again with the tragic new trickling from Uttarakhand with a few trekkers missing hope normalcy returns soon.
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks