Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 02:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters

An awesome trip experience is incomplete without an awesome description of the same. Well, your write up literally made me feel as if I was in your shoes and driving that muscular Land Rover Defender. Great review man. Looking forward to see more such exciting trip experiences from you. Keep up the good work
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 03:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome write up, and amazing company to off-road with! Good to see the Defender being put to good use.

That lead Discovery reminds me of this review by JC when it was just launched.

Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So what was different between greenlaning and Kolkata Offroaders outings?
This was my first proper greenlaning and would be too early to say. This terrain was much more rocky than what we get in and around Kolkata. So there was less chance to get stuck but higher chance of damaging the vehicles. The terrains that we have usually been to near Kolkata are either muddy or sandy. Higher chance of getting stuck but less chance of vehicle damage I think. Apart from that the offroaders everywhere are helpful and knowledgeable people.

If you have missed it before, I am posting it again. If you look closely I am wearing the Kolkata Offroaders T-Shirt

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-img_4542.jpeg

Quote:
No one opened an Azad Hind Dhaba at the spot where the lunch stop happened!
It will happen if we can get a lot more Indians here into greenlaning!

Quote:
Edit: Forget the Alto. How well would your Thar or Bolero 4wd have handled the course?
I think a stock Thar will do it as easily as the rest of the cars. A stock Bolero might struggle due to the ground clearance, but it should be fine with a little bit bigger tyres like I have in my Bolero. It will definitely need protection for the protruding U Pipe. Other that that I think it is as capable as the Defender in this terrain. In fact the articulation on the Bolero is much more than that on the Defender or Discovery 1/2. People might think I am mad that I am comparing a legendary offroader that has been deployed the world over with a vehicle sold in small numbers by Mahindra and only available in India and Bhutan, but I only wish I could bring the Bolero here to prove my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Atleast I can have a sadistic pleasure 99% of the time at fraction of a cost. Let the costly SUVs enjoy the rest of the 1%.
Then the question is why Alto? Alto is a very capable car and is used a lot by the locals in the mountains. Why not something that is less capable if you have to really take the gauntlet to the 4x4 drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Must be the pics of his vehicles in action clicked by me! Hope for this I get an invitation to visit his place soon!
Ha ha, you and Aj-got-Bhp have clicked the most number of pictures of my Bolero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalmasher_20 View Post
Looking forward to see more such exciting trip experiences from you. Keep up the good work
Thank you Pedalmasher_20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Awesome write up, and amazing company to off-road with! Good to see the Defender being put to good use.

That lead Discovery reminds me of this review by JC when it was just launched.
Thanks Dry Ice and thanks again for sharing the videos of the Discovery 3. I had not seen them before. It really is a very capable vehicle! By the way, Sam had told me that a Freelander would be able to do these trails as well. I am still waiting for you to get one and then we can go together!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th October 2021 at 19:56. Reason: Typo
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 17:25   #19
BHPian

An interesting write up and great pictures of the English countryside not to forget, the highly capable LRs in the convoy 👌. Enjoyed reading the whole thread!!!
yatesh.92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 16:41   #20
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this remarkable thread on the lake district. We were at the same spot almost around the same time, unfortunately, could not meet up with the legend.

That place has a lot of 4x4 trails that are less explored. I arrived with a rental X-trail 4wd but didn't have the required time to research more on that region. Hopefully next time.

Sharing a few pictures of the trip and hopefully will come up with a thread soon.

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-1.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-2.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-3.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-4.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-5.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-6.jpg

Land Rovers greenlaning in the Lake District (UK) with Trailmasters-tld-7.jpg
ARAY is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks