Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Laos - A land-locked backpacking adventure

Very inspiring. Though I do have an appetite for treks and hikes, the river-crossing video was humbling - that bridge totally got me. I am sure it was lovely staying this close to nature and being able to navigate through its various challenges.
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 21:12   #17
kvk

I am a long time reader and fan of the BHP website and a recent member.

Congratulations and thanks on an excellent, detailed travelog. Your write-up brought back memories of my brief trip to Laos (2 days in Luang Prabang and a day in Ventiane) back in 2010 as part of a Thailand, Laos and Cambodia tour.

The vivid descriptions and pictures from your trip make me want to go back for a longer trip like you experienced. It is indeed a unique place (more so Luang Prabang than Ventiane with the Street Night Market, the Mekong river and the cruise on it and the general laid back nature of the town with the cafes along the main drag) and I remember wishing after my trip that Luang Prabang always stay the way it was back then. Once again thanks for taking the time to record your travels.
kvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:00   #18
BHPian

This is such an epic photologue!!!!

Looks amazing. Lovely set of photographs. Curious to know more about the “cheap Chinese motorcycles”.

This experience of yours is now a reference for me to consider exploring Laos!!
Rhik94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Such exotic trips can be only seen here in TBHP with natural beauty at its best. Thanks a lot for the detailed write up, which encourages us to travel and see the world. Did I miss you in any photo/selfie or was it deliberate ?
Old 20th December 2021, 14:46   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
This photolog-travelogue is about the 3 weeks spent in the land-locked country of Laos.
If one had 2 weeks to spend, would you recommend combining Vietnam with Laos? Or focus on just one of those countries? Would rather get a feel of each country instead of jumping from 'recommended site' to site. Willing to take things as they come and explore local life and cuisine rather than pre-book stays and stuff. So don't mind returning to one of the countries later, if one week is not enough for each. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by am1m : 20th December 2021 at 14:49.
Old 20th December 2021, 15:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If one had 2 weeks to spend, would you recommend combining Vietnam with Laos?
Two weeks would just/barely do enough for North Vietnam or South Vietnam at most, forget doing the whole country. If that is you want to see the country proper and not just visit the customary tourist spots. These are gorgeous countries with a lot to offer, and ideal for month long trips at the bare minimum. Same goes for Laos, unless you want to do a whirlwind tour of the main cities.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Same goes for Laos, unless you want to do a whirlwind tour of the main cities.
Thanks! Had a feeling that would be the case. Certainly do NOT want to just run through the country just to take selfies! Hate that sort of travel. So 2 weeks in either one it is!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks