Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 01:04   #16
BHPian

Re: A visit to Nagarahole Tiger Reserve

Great travelogue Amyth!
You have captured it beautifully through your camera. I won't shy away from saying that I had never heard of this place. Glad you shared it with us. I hope to visit Nagarahole Tiger Reserve someday. Goes right it my memo folder.
Old 10th November 2021, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
That was it and we thoroughly enjoyed the safari and happily returned back.
Great pictures and good comparison of Jeep Safari vs Bus Safari. On the Jeep Safari a Naturalist from JLR also comes along and explains quite a few things. Having done both, the Jeep Safari is a lot more comfortable than the Bus but definitely comes at a price. For people interested in doing multiple quick trips the approach you have suggested is the best approach.

If there are people familiar with the HD Kote area (Heggadadevanakote) on this forum they could share details of accommodations available there that would reduce the commute by more than 50% making it a 30 minute drive. (In comparison to the commute from Mysore)
Given how expensive the stays closer to Kabini are - it is a good business opportunity for HD Kote area to be developed with some good Hotels/Lodges so more people can experience Kabini at a lower cost.

Quote:
Pathetic state of safari buses:
That is a shame given that Govt does make quite a lot of money from the Kabini Safaris in comparison with other national parks.

Quote:
Safari timings and fees:
This would be useful for many people - thanks for sharing!

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 10th November 2021 at 10:34.
Old 13th December 2021, 21:25   #18
BHPian

Amazing Travelogues Amyth Prabhakar!. Planning to go for upcoming Christmas vacation!
I have the following queries

1. When I try to book the safari ticket on the website. (https://www.nagaraholetigerreserve.com/)
it is not allowed to enter below 7 years old. Does it mean below 7 years kids are not allowed? or it's free (no need to mention it while booking)?

A visit to Nagarahole Tiger Reserve-booking.png

2. Any nearby suitable stay available within a 10km range for the family?
Old 19th December 2021, 12:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
Amazing Travelogues Amyth Prabhakar!. Planning to go for upcoming Christmas vacation!
I have the following queries

1. When I try to book the safari ticket on the website. (https://www.nagaraholetigerreserve.com/)
it is not allowed to enter below 7 years old. Does it mean below 7 years kids are not allowed? or it's free (no need to mention it while booking)?

Attachment 2244869

2. Any nearby suitable stay available within a 10km range for the family?
  1. I don't think it's free and you would need to purchase a separate
    ticket for your kid (Rs. 300) as well unless your kid is less than 2 year old.
    Since it is not allowing you to select tickets for children,
    I suggest you book an adult ticket and collet a refund of Rs.300 at the ticket counter.
  2. Yes, lots of... JRL ( the most popular one), Serai Kabini, Red Earth Kabini,
    Kaav Kabini, Evolve back, Discovery village Resort Kabini, Bison Resort
    kabini, Orange county and many more... however if you are targeting a
    more pocket friendly stay, you could probably take a look at
    Kabini Lake view resort.

Luxury Resorts:

price per night:

A visit to Nagarahole Tiger Reserve-kr.jpg

Affordable and Budget friendly:

Kabini Lake View Resort:

A visit to Nagarahole Tiger Reserve-klvr.jpg

Enjoy your trip

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 19th December 2021 at 12:46.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:27   #20
BHPian

Thank you Amyth Prabhakar! for your response. I booked the ticket yesterday and waiting for your reply for the last 5 days. I see your post just now. The online ticket is filling very fast for this December month's vacation especially from 18th Dec - 2nd Jan. since my younger kid is 4 years old only. I already booked the ticket and mentioned it 7 years while my booking. (both morning safari and evening safari with 2.30 hours duration)Not sure still am I eligible refund? I don't think so.

As you already mentioned all the resorts are super expensive rates including Kabini Lake view resort when we try to book at the last minute. Maybe it will be cheaper if we booked 1-3 months before.
I will look into the same option that you have done like staying in Mysore and visiting safari separately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks