Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:34   #16
BHPian

Re: A little Rajasthan in a Toyota Fortuner

Funny anecdote from uniformed life:
In late 2000's one operational unit head (desert division) thought wise to move from uncomfortable gypsy's to fortuners he had sat in during his tour to the north east. So ITBP gave us one of theirs on loan along with a driver. Para guys were habitual offenders when it came to vehicle etiquettes, for us vehicle was a luxury, airconditioned vehicle was alien and a clean vehicle with air-conditioner was like dating the prom queen!! The driver on loan came from another world so daily he washed the vehicle and kept three bottles of mineral water behind. It was impossible for me to explain why that wouldn't work and impossible for him to understand how difficult was it for us to accept something so simple. In end we gave back the Fortuner as we found it more glamorous for the job not to mention our nosy neighbors started wondering if we have gone soft patrolling around in a airconditioned vehicle
Once my uniform was hung for good I and few other buddies hired a Fortuner and did a long road trip across North East, it burns me hard to now realize how amazing of a vehicle it is, but sadly years ago we were high on ego and low on practicality
tatafanatic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:01   #17
BHPian

Amazing pictures, seems you had a lot of fun! Incidentally, I was also in Laxmi Niwas palace in Bikaner this October end. Amazing place! The pics of central courtyard and all the trophies in the Billiard Room and Raja Ganga Singh's bar are amazing!

This gives me inspiration to do similar trip to RJ/GJ from BLR.
Southern Rajasthjan (Chittor/Mt Abu) is especially interesting.
OffRoadFun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 18:29   #18
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue, another testament to the Fortuner's capability, proving that to tame the vast expanse of India and all the pretty sights she has to offer, there is none better than the Fortuner. Coincidently, I was also in Suryagarh the past month, albeit for three nights. The property is a destination in itself, hospitality and food, beyond spectacular. Cheers.
Air_Kerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatafanatic View Post
In late 2000's one operational unit head (desert division) thought wise to move from uncomfortable gypsy's to fortuners he had sat in during his tour to the north east. So ITBP gave us one of theirs on loan along with a driver. Para guys were habitual offenders when it came to vehicle etiquettes, for us vehicle was a luxury, airconditioned vehicle was alien and a clean vehicle with air-conditioner was like dating the prom queen!! The driver on loan came from another world so daily he washed the vehicle and kept three bottles of mineral water behind. It was impossible for me to explain why that wouldn't work and impossible for him to understand how difficult was it for us to accept something so simple. In end we gave back the Fortuner as we found it more glamorous for the job not to mention our nosy neighbors started wondering if we have gone soft patrolling around in a airconditioned vehicle
Once my uniform was hung for good I and few other buddies hired a Fortuner and did a long road trip across North East, it burns me hard to now realize how amazing of a vehicle it is, but sadly years ago we were high on ego and low on practicality

Sir, Scorpions and Mountain Rats have never been able to gut down the luxury .

Looking forward to many more posts Sir.
Wason4699 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatafanatic View Post
Hilarious. Nothing like a gypsy though. Jawai was an eye opener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
The Fortuner looks majestic in those settings and backdrops of Rajasthan. Can not imagine any other vehicle that would look so awesome and yet so at home in these places.
Thanks AD. Imagine your BMW in motion on those wide open flat out sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post

This gives me inspiration to do similar trip to RJ/GJ from BLR.
Southern Rajasthjan (Chittor/Mt Abu) is especially interesting.
Oh thats nice. Agree with you completely. These places make us lose touch with reality. His Highness Ganga Singh and his grandson HH Karni Singh were very gifted men indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Kerala View Post
Coincidently, I was also in Suryagarh the past month, albeit for three nights. The property is a destination in itself, hospitality and food, beyond spectacular. Cheers.
The hospitality was outrageously nice. So much so that i felt guilty at times. Where all did you go when you stayed there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Wonderful photolog, nice write up of the experience
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Suryagarh at Jaisalmer is by far is one of the best experience I have ever had. It is an amazing place constructed in yellow Jaisalmer stone, the gardens, breakfast in courtyard with Sarangi performance in Jharokha and evening Kalbeliya dance, makes it an experience of a lifetime!
Absolutely. I was gawking most of the time.
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 06:28   #21
Team-BHP Support

An awesome write up with fantastic pictures. That sunset silhouette of the camel is a different level! This travelogue creates that longing to be on road and explore the country.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 23:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely description of a well traveled journey through the magnificent Rajasthan roads. The pictures and the places of stay makes me want to take out the car and make a dash to Rajasthan. The stories around the less travelled places are always a treat to read through. And special thanks for sharing the video of the iconic song ‘Aaj jaane ki zidd na karo’ with that Rajasthani touch from Suryagarh, loved it. Thanks for sharing, keep travelling just as you do always,

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks